+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking PNP April 2012 application to CIO (Nova Scotia)

coshx

May 8, 2013
raj1122 said:
I wasn't scared until i see my gcms notes,,,My application was received on april 10th,2012 and i haven't received any update until now,,,i got my gcms notes yesturday,,guess wat?? Eligibility, Security not started and criminality in progress. Is there anybody in the same boat??? I am PNP applicant.
Arale said:
What? still nothing? OMG...When they gonna finish it !!!!!!!!!!??
Do not be dismayed. This is the explanation of what I think is happening. For Jan to May 2012 applicants, CIO only checked for money & complete application documents. Then, they send the documents to CPP-Ottawa. The day CPP-Ottawa receives it, they send for batch RCMP check and get the result that same day. On the next day, they issue the AOR & Medical forms (if all things go well) and they start 'Criminality' check.
After Buffalo was closed on 29th May 2012, CPP-Ottawa stopped focusing on Buffalo Applicants and CIO took over the start of 'Eligibility' and 'Criminality' checks. Then they transfer the file to Ottawa. This is why Post July 2012 applicants are getting response faster than Pre July, 2012. 'in Process' for post July 2012 applicants is not the same as 'in process' for Pre July 2012 applicants.
Post July 2012 applicants go in process once CIO does the 'eligibility' first and starts the 'criminality'. Meanwhile, for Pre July 2012, apart from 'Criminality' that is started on the day you receive the AOR, no other checks is done until 'YOU ARE ASSIGNED AN OFFICER'. In fact, many people already pass 'Criminality' but they are not known (not all). But once the Officer looks at the file, he will make recommendations to pass the 'criminality' after which he/she does the 'eligibility'. After the Eligibility is passed, then it goes 'in process' that same day. After that day, 'Security' checks are started and other things necessary to finalize the application. If it's one person, it is faster (although some countries get processed faster than others) but if it contains spouse and dependent children, it is different (especially if the spouse and/or children is not resident in Canada).
I hope this helps!

Arale

Feb 27, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-28-2012
AOR Received.
April-18-2012
Med's Request
April-20-2012
Med's Done....
May-02-2012
Passport Req..
August-27-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting。。。
coshx said:
Do not be dismayed. This is the explanation of what I think is happening. For Jan to May 2012 applicants, CIO only checked for money & complete application documents. Then, they send the documents to CPP-Ottawa. The day CPP-Ottawa receives it, they send for batch RCMP check and get the result that same day. On the next day, they issue the AOR & Medical forms (if all things go well) and they start 'Criminality' check.
After Buffalo was closed on 29th May 2012, CPP-Ottawa stopped focusing on Buffalo Applicants and CIO took over the start of 'Eligibility' and 'Criminality' checks. Then they transfer the file to Ottawa. This is why Post July 2012 applicants are getting response faster than Pre July, 2012. 'in Process' for post July 2012 applicants is not the same as 'in process' for Pre July 2012 applicants.
Post July 2012 applicants go in process once CIO does the 'eligibility' first and starts the 'criminality'. Meanwhile, for Pre July 2012, apart from 'Criminality' that is started on the day you receive the AOR, no other checks is done until 'YOU ARE ASSIGNED AN OFFICER'. In fact, many people already pass 'Criminality' but they are not known (not all). But once the Officer looks at the file, he will make recommendations to pass the 'criminality' after which he/she does the 'eligibility'. After the Eligibility is passed, then it goes 'in process' that same day. After that day, 'Security' checks are started and other things necessary to finalize the application. If it's one person, it is faster (although some countries get processed faster than others) but if it contains spouse and dependent children, it is different (especially if the spouse and/or children is not resident in Canada).
I hope this helps!
If this is true, it really make me feel better, Thanks Coshx.
So mine is in process since April 24,2013, that means they finished Criminality and Eligibility? And now they are doing my Security check and finalize the application. Am I right?
When do you think they ask me for ppr? Can I get it in this month?

coshx

May 8, 2013
Arale said:
If this is true, it really make me feel better, Thanks Coshx.
So mine is in process since April 24,2013, that means they finished Criminality and Eligibility? And now they are doing my Security check and finalize the application. Am I right?
When do you think they ask me for ppr? Can I get it in this month?
I believe so. I'm still waiting for the last GCMS notes I requested. When it arrives, then I will make another conclusion. I know some Jan & Feb applicants got 'in process' since 2012. I don't think they were assigned to any officer then. Now, things are processed differently. From my understanding, all Jan and Feb applicants will get a response this month. Don't worry Arale as your time as come.

raj1122

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
This is in reply to everybody who asked question. I applied GCMS notes on April 20th and received it on may 15th, I am not sure how to check whether officer is assigned or not?? But I looked each category and I believe this is what u guys are talking about. Eligibility, Criminality and Security is assigned to RC-6262. Is there anybody assigned to same officer as mine. experts please share ur opinion???

coshx

May 8, 2013
raj1122 said:
This is in reply to everybody who asked question. I applied GCMS notes on April 20th and received it on may 15th, I am not sure how to check whether officer is assigned or not?? But I looked each category and I believe this is what u guys are talking about. Eligibility, Criminality and Security is assigned to RC-6262. Is there anybody assigned to same officer as mine. experts please share ur opinion???
From my understanding, the RC-XXXX number is not an officer number. it is the visa office number. see the post
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/guides-to-gcms-t120758.170.html;wap2=

I think RC-6262 is CIC Manila, Philipines. Are you from Philipines?

coshx

May 8, 2013
raj1122 said:
Although in some other posts, i've seen some CEC applicants too have code RC-6262. The due date assigned to the visa office means that everything about your application must be complete on that day.
That is not the officer's number. When an officer is assigned to your file, he/she will then issue another due date for him/herself to complete finalize your application.

For example...My file was assigned to RC-9515 (which is Ottawa) and due date was March XX, 2013. When Officer was assigned, he changed the due date to August XX, 2013. His number was clearly stated on my GCMS notes.

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
coshx said:
I hope this helps!
I agree with coshx. A friend of mine who's a March, 2012 applicant applied for his GCMS notes in April. The GCMS notes were printed on April 03, 2013, It showed NOTHING started including criminality. However, he got an email request to re-do medical for his wife and kid in the 3rd week of April. And on April 30, 2013, it has started showing 'In Process'.

raj1122

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
No i am from India and i am pnp applicant. I applied to nova scotia. Btw, my due date was on may 8th, 2013 for all the category and may 26th for medicals. Could u please tell me where to check for officer assignment?

For example...My file was assigned to RC-9515 (which is Ottawa) and due date was March XX, 2013. When Officer was assigned, he changed the due date to August XX, 2013. His number was clearly stated on my GCMS notes.
[/quote]

coshx

May 8, 2013
raj1122 said:
No i am from India and i am pnp applicant. I applied to nova scotia. Btw, my due date was on may 8th, 2013 for all the category and may 26th for medicals. Could u please tell me where to check for officer assignment?

Look at the second page of your GCMS notes. If you see a section called 'APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT'.
APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Assigned to: XXYYYY
Assigned by: XXYYY
Due Date: 2013/MM/DD

It is assigned to the visa officer's name by the visa officer him/herself.

raj1122

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Ok i got it now,,Everything is empty in Application Assignment section. So whatever u said is making sense. Any guess, how much time it might takes based on ur exp in this forum. I already completed 13 months on may 10th, 2013.

coshx said:
Look at the second page of your GCMS notes. If you see a section called 'APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT'.
APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Assigned to: XXYYYY
Assigned by: XXYYY
Due Date: 2013/MM/DD

It is assigned to the visa officer's name by the visa officer him/herself.

coshx

May 8, 2013
raj1122 said:
Ok i got it now,,Everything is empty in Application Assignment section. So whatever u said is making sense. Any guess, how much time it might takes based on ur exp in this forum. I already completed 13 months on may 10th, 2013.
This is the response I got from CPP-Ottawa few days ago when I sent them an email about my application passing processing time.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your message concerning your application for permanent residence.

Your file has been transferred to this office in Ottawa for processing. It will be reviewed by one of our officers, with priority given to applications that were received at CIC before February 28th, 2012.

Case status:

An officer will be in contact with you in due course. In the meantime, we would ask for your patience and for you not to send follow-up requests for status to our office, unless you fall into one of the categories listed below.

When should I contact CIC?

You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:

• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;

• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);

• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;

• Decision to withdraw your application.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You will be refunded the RPRF if you have already paid it.

Need more information?

For more information concerning your Application status, you may refer to the CIC Help Centre online at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/index-can.asp

How long will it take until I am likely to be contacted and/or updated by the Case Processing Office in Ottawa?

For Provincial Nominees/ Quebec Skilled Workers ONLY

Application Received Date Review Date* By what date can you expect to receive the next update from CPP-O?

1 December – 28 February 2012 On or before 31 May 2013 By 31 May 2013

1 March – 31 May 2012 On or before 31 August 2013 By 31 August 2013

... after 1 June 2012 After 31 August 2013 After 31 August 2013

*Review Date: Please note that the Review Date means the date by which your file will be reviewed by

an officer. It does not mean that your file will necessarily be finalized by that date.

chie042012

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
It's a little bit frustrating that they are just answering our emails as a general response. Requesting ATIP/GCMS notes takes 30days before we can get a response. I am now approaching on my 14th month. I checked my ATIP/GCMS notes all assessments was assigned to a Visa Officer and due on May 4, 2013. I hope I can get my PPR anytime soon and everyone else in this forum

silentrob

Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Nomination.....
06-04-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Request
23-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-11-2012
Interview........
In process 31-01-2013
Passport Req..
17-06-2013/sent 13-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
coshx said:
From my understanding, the RC-XXXX number is not an officer number. it is the visa office number.

I think RC-6262 is CIC Manila, Philipines. Are you from Philipines?
I believe that RC-6262 is CIO-Sydney.

Atakan

Star Member
Jun 8, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
<b>Ottowa, On</b>
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<u><b>13-04-2012</b></u>
Nomination.....
<u><b>22-03-2012</b></u>
AOR Received.
<u><b>22-05-2012</b></u>
Med's Request
<u><b>22-05-2012</b></u>
Med's Done....
<u><b>28-05-2012</b></u>
Passport Req..
<u><b>30-08-2013</b></u>
LANDED..........
<u><b>26-09-2013</b></u>
Today, I realised that my application got in process May 13.
I hope that will end soon positively.