+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
I would recommend you to reach out to your MP's office, ask them to inquire about your PR application on your behalf.
And, at the same time, send webform inquiries. Show concern, ask questions, no need to keep quiet and wait for them.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Good luck!
Thanks, man! How do I reach my MP? Do you have any idea? I have never done this before and would like to pursue every avenue possible just to understand where I stand. I know that processing time is 24 months but at this point, I feel like it is going to take a lot more than 24 months. I am just concerned about the absence of progress rather than the completion of the application cause it's obvious it's taking long nowadays.

Last edited:

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
All most the same, I'm Apr 18, 2019 called the helpdesk before more than 2 weeks, they mentioned everything passed Eligibility, Criminality, and Security. Till today I did not receive any updates from IRCC (The last update asking for a medical test on Jul 27, 2020, even Eligibility passed email did not receive), helpdesk said do not wary, everything is looking OK,
The website showing status "In Process"
Feel sorry for you. It surely is not an easy thing to go through especially during a nerve-racking pandemic.

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
Processing time is currently 24 months so basically you will get a decision after that hopefully b4 unless you are on some fast track!!!! for example i did not year from them for a very long time 13 months to be exact and when i finally did it was my COPR lol IRCC is crazy.. GOOD LUCK.
It has been 14+ since any progress was made. I believe I have the right to be a little concerned. I am not saying that I should receive it but all that I am asking for is some transparency and respect for the emotional rollercoaster we, protected people, are experiencing on daily basis.

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
Alhamdulilah, finally got COPR letter today.
Just 4 days between Dm and COPR
( be optimistic )
I am February , 2019 applicant
DM January ,15,2021
AIP October,31,2020
I wish you all the best and success
:)
Congratulations for you , which office ? I hope Etobicoke lol

Reactions: genyor

genyor

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
Pls I need your advice, I have received COPR
and they asked me to provide one picture
But I cannot see Specific address in the document to send the picture
The second thing According to your experiences what i have to change after i got COPR
Thanks

Nazia25

Nov 24, 2020
That is very strange!!! are you sure you sent the doc's the correct address because its almost 1 year and not AoR wow.. did you use courier service were you are able to see the tracking information.

if yes and it says delivered to the correct address then you have to wait until IRCC Opens the application package and then they will send an AoR

This is the only thing i could find on that

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=028&top=4

Good Luck.
My pr application was received on 16 dec 2019 but got my AOR on 1 dec 2020.sometimes it takes time that is pretty normal.

Reactions: luckyrefugee