+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
So depending on the current and previous applicants experiences on this forum I can tell you the process of Refugee PR application depends on 4 factors ;
1/ the luck , I hope you are lucky enough
2/ the case officers , some of them finalize the case very quick as unexpected meanwhile some take as long as they can
3/ where you live, likely if you live in GTA your case may take long time than expected to process but not necessarily
4/ the details on your application , more details more time would take

Conclusion of that ;
Follow up with IRCC by phone or webform ( i prefer webform ) in every mount of time , also contact your local MP as well.
Very essential to send them back any documents they request on time without delay.

Good luck,,,
Thanks for the words. Will keep in touch and will inform here as things develop.

Reactions: Fadros and Marsali

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Thanks bro let's wait 24 hours if not then I will call them
You have now officially landed. but you should definitely contact them about the whereabouts of your COPR. If it wasn't uploaded in your GcKey account double check your email address even spam folders, all folders. or it could be where they updated your file but haven't sent the official document out as yet or initiated any contact with you as yet.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
:D it's ironic lol. We got our letters/documents but our accounts took a while to update and your accounts have been updated but no letters/documents. you are experiencing the opposite of what happened to most of us lol.

mysoul

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
Hello, I hope everyone is well. I have a question for those who have dependent outside Canada. I am here with two children (second child born here), my husband is still back home. We submitted our application on Oct 2, 2019. My husband and my first child (under 18) are under my application. I have filled up all forms for me and my husband as well. We got request of Police clearance and finger print (for myself) and I submitted police clearance for both of us. I am reading from the forum that when you apply for PR, your application goes first - gets approved and then your spouses gets processed after, correct? how long it usually takes? Are there any cases when applications gets submitted together and approved together? Please share your experience. thank you

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Hello, I hope everyone is well. I have a question for those who have dependent outside Canada. I am here with two children (second child born here), my husband is still back home. We submitted our application on Oct 2, 2019. My husband and my first child (under 18) are under my application. I have filled up all forms for me and my husband as well. We got request of Police clearance and finger print (for myself) and I submitted police clearance for both of us. I am reading from the forum that when you apply for PR, your application goes first - gets approved and then your spouses gets processed after, correct? how long it usually takes? Are there any cases when applications gets submitted together and approved together? Please share your experience. thank you
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/overseas-spouse-and-dependents-of-protected-person-and-convention-refugee-timeline-share-here.616027/ This forum may help you.

Reactions: Abtols and Fadros

M.Z

Star Member
Dec 23, 2020
May 3rd applicant. Got a DM an hour ago! Good luck to everyone here. Such a great support from all of you throughout this whole process. Always thankful that we had this community to support one another.
Congratulations.

Immy075

Nov 15, 2020
April 3, 2019 Applicant, AIP received on November 28, 2020, and approval letter just received right now January 12, 2021, they wrote in decision letter that Hamiltonn office will contact me to finalize my application. Any idea how many days the Hamilton office will contact me or should I contact them to make an appointment, anyone who got PR from the Hamilton office just wanted to know the duration.
Secondly best of luck to everybody you guys will receive the Approval Letter soon,

M.Z

Star Member
Dec 23, 2020
April 3, 2019 Applicant, AIP received on November 28, 2020, and approval letter just received right now January 12, 2021, they wrote in decision letter that Hamiltonn office will contact me to finalize my application. Any idea how many days the Hamilton office will contact me or should I contact them to make an appointment, anyone who got PR from the Hamilton office just wanted to know the duration.
Secondly best of luck to everybody you guys will receive the Approval Letter soon,
Congratulations

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Congratulation!

Reactions: saidur