+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hi guys.
I am new to the forum.
Sent in application February 2020.
4 dependents - 3(kids) are inland, husband is outland.
No feedback from IRCC since lawyer sent in the applications to Ottawa and upon calling the Call center last month, was told work was yet to start on the application.
I would like to know what my expectations should be with regards to our applications as a whole.
Wife is main applicant, sponsoring the rest of the family.
Thanks

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Hi guys.
I am new to the forum.
No feedback from IRCC since lawyer sent in the applications to Ottawa and upon calling the Call center last month, was told work was yet to start on the application.
I would like to know what my expectations should be with regards to our applications as a whole.
Thanks
22-24 months on the average

Reactions: Fadros

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Hi guys.
I am new to the forum.
Thanks
February to April 2022

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
Hi guys.
I am new to the forum.
Thanks
So depending on the current and previous applicants experiences on this forum I can tell you the process of Refugee PR application depends on 4 factors ;
1/ the luck , I hope you are lucky enough
2/ the case officers , some of them finalize the case very quick as unexpected meanwhile some take as long as they can
3/ where you live, likely if you live in GTA your case may take long time than expected to process but not necessarily
4/ the details on your application , more details more time would take

Conclusion of that ;
Follow up with IRCC by phone or webform ( i prefer webform ) in every mount of time , also contact your local MP as well.
Very essential to send them back any documents they request on time without delay.

Good luck,,,

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
So depending on the current and previous applicants experiences on this forum I can tell you the process of Refugee PR application depends on 4 factors ;
1/ the luck , I hope you are lucky enough
2/ the case officers , some of them finalize the case very quick as unexpected meanwhile some take as long as they can
3/ where you live, likely if you live in GTA your case may take long time than expected to process but not necessarily
4/ the details on your application , more details more time would take

Conclusion of that ;
Follow up with IRCC by phone or webform ( i prefer webform ) in every mount of time , also contact your local MP as well.
Very essential to send them back any documents they request on time without delay.

Good luck,,,
You are right ✅ but no one can help you to accelerate the process

Reactions: saidur