+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Weley

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hi everyone! I received this message today. Does that mean I got approved?

"We are pleased to advise you that the processing of your application has been completed. The
IRCC office in Etobicoke will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident
application."
Congratulations

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
I mean it’s an immigration system not a jackpot lottery. I’m sure they are waiting for some verification regarding your background check. Like @PrinceH case for example, waiting for UAE PCC.
My wonder is not for waiting to verify my application, it’s why should it takes 26 months + especially they been informed about UAE PC situation since July 2019 = 18 months .. any way I have to wait, that’s all I can do!

Reactions: mysoul and Ryan4

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
I really hope your case get finalized soon and you get your CoPR along with your family. So sorry about that. Typical Emiratis doing the most smh
Thanks a lot, my best wishes for all of you too, one day everything will be fine, I have the hope!

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
I mean it’s an immigration system not a jackpot lottery. I’m sure they are waiting for some verification regarding your background check. Like @PrinceH case for example, waiting for UAE PCC.
Yes of course when it comes to the background check everyone is different.

a00900

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Today ,,,,, today ,,,,,,,, today ,,,,,,
after long wait i received Email
we are pleased to advise you that processing has been completed ,, the IRCC OFFICE in Montreal will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident application .
the overseas office in Cairo responsible for processing your family application
---many thanks for every one here , i wish the best for all of you & INSHALLAH get good news very soon
@Jalalcananda @Ratmir @Marsali @adbcca @RefugeeHelp1 @Onetv1 @Mano1110786 @Shanwari @mugere @Armaani @jack_2001 @gehaif @saidur @Weley @Zainab umer
many thanks for all of you & iam sorry if forget others
best wishes for all of you :D:D:D:D:D:D
13March 2019 applicant
Congratulation bro. All the best with getting your pr card soon.

Since you've been through the process I wanted to ask you a question. When you check the status of your pr application and it says (1. We received your Application on (XX) 2. We started processing your application on (XX) 3. Medical was received). What comes next? and how far is process at that point?

Reactions: luckyrefugee

a00900

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Congratulation bro. All the best with getting your pr card soon.

Since you've been through the process I wanted to ask you a question. When you check the status of your pr application and it says (1. We received your Application on (XX) 2. We started processing your application on (XX) 3. Medical was received). What comes next? and how far is process at that point?

Anyone who can answer this question will be awesome guys! Thanks in advance.

Mahm1984

May 12, 2019
It depends on when you applied, from what you put looks like you are after Sep 2019 applicant. If yes then just wait.
If your bar is about to complete then this good sign.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
also what comes next varies, they might request additional things like bio, medical, the police reports, resume etc. or nothing at all like for my case and few others. they will contact you via mail or email if they need anything.

a00900

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
It depends on when you applied, from what you put looks like you are after Sep 2019 applicant. If yes then just wait.
If your bar is about to complete then this good sign.
Hi. MANY THANKS for the prompt response. Yea I just wanted to know what steps I should expect after (Medical received). Does Security/Criminality check comes after that? And once that's done, do I get notified that I'm eligible to apply for the pr as a convention refugee?? I'm not very familiar of the each step and their order. And how long I've got left until the entire process might finish isn't what I'm concerned about right now.

a00900

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
also what comes next varies, they might request additional things like bio, medical, the police reports, resume etc. or nothing at all like for my case and few others. they will contact you via mail or email if they need anything.
Thanks a lot for the clarification. It's highly appreciated. Just as I've mentioned in my response before this, I'm unfamiliar with what the steps are and in what order do they come! But as you've mentioned, not everyone is the same and it varies from one person to the other. I just wanted to know what would come after the (Medical Received) update but I guess it will depend on my case.

Reactions: Fadros and Yuki.03

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Hi. MANY THANKS for the prompt response. Yea I just wanted to know what steps I should expect after (Medical received). Does Security/Criminality check come after that? And once that's done, do I get notified that I'm eligible to apply for the pr as a convention refugee?? I'm not very familiar with each step and its order. And how long I've got left until the entire process might finish isn't what I'm concerned about right now.
No Idea, probably request the notes or call IRCC to find out in details it doesn't tell you when background/ criminality is reviewed like the medical ghost update. they do sometimes send the AIP which is the email that stated you have passed eligibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fadros and a00900

a00900

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
No Idea, probably request the notes or call IRCC to find out indetails it doesnt tell you when background/ criminality is reviewed like the medical ghost update. they do sometimes send the AIP which is the email that stated you have passe eligibility.
It confused me because I'm not entirely sure if that update actually means that the Medical they've got is up to date or if I'll need to go for it again? Like you've mentioned it could be a "ghost update". I'm using the online tool of the IRCC website to see these updates though.

I guess I'll just have to wait until next year and then order the gcms notes. It's best I give it sometime before I order them.

Reactions: Fadros and Ratmir

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
It confused me because I'm not entirely sure if that update actually means that the Medical they've got is up to date or if I'll need to go for it again? Like you've mentioned it could be a "ghost update". I'm using the online tool of the IRCC website to see these updates though.

I guess I'll just have to wait until next year and then order the gcms notes. It's best I give it sometime before I order them.
when you posted suggests they have your medical but haven't reviewed it as yet. if they need a new one you will get an email directly I believe.

Reactions: Fadros and a00900

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - December 1, 2020:You passed the medical exam.

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.
Application received100% completeEstimated completion date *
April 16, 2019Estimated completion date: December 16

Reactions: Yuki.03