+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hi guys, my mother just received portal link as well. March 2019 applicant. Approval letter and DM 2nd of November ( No AIP letter was ever sent).
I think they are rolling it out now so everyone should expect something very soon. Good luck for you all. I'm July 2019 applicant so I'll be hanging out around here for a the coming 4-6 months though :p
congratulations, nice

Reactions: Fadros

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hello guys, what to fill for question 1 in wife's generic form IMM008? The question is asking about the program under which you are applying? Options are: Family, Refugees

Any idea?
many say refugee many says family category, each side has pr cards,
myself did family category. you are free to choose which one you think and double check before doing it

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hi everyone! I received this message today. Does that mean I got approved?

"We are pleased to advise you that the processing of your application has been completed. The
IRCC office in Etobicoke will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident
application."
congrats

Reactions: luckyrefugee

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
I might be a little late for the subject but I just felt like this might make sense to some and I’m not here to argue.

I saw a lot of talks about the “unfair” system of IRCC and I believe the way they process applications is as follows:

if you notice on the GCMS notes. The application is assigned to an agent and each assessment has a due date.

For example; in my situation, Feb 2019, all my assignments dates were due during the first LOCKDOWN, April 2020. Therefore, when they went back to work and processing applications; they started with application that their due dates haven’t passed yet which makes a lot of sense to me.

It’s like in school when you have 2 assignments, and the first one is “passed due date” and the second one is “not passed due date”. You start doing the second one and you go back to the passed due date assignment to submit it. It’s like a “damage control technique”.

what I’m trying to say is that I believe the only reason why some April, May and June applicants get finalized before Dec, Jan, Feb and March is the unprecedented circumstances caused by Covid that effected our applications the most (Dec, Jan, Feb and march). Of course in addition to the complication in completing background check for some applicants.

It has nothing to do with the “unfairness” or “laziness” of agents. Plus, the average time is 24 months and most of us are freaking out when we haven’t even exceeded the waiting time.
Hi from October 2018 Applicant and still waiting, Bye