+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ties to the country - How do I make them believe?

theratulz

Jan 14, 2013
Dhaka
Visa Office......
VFS - Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
February 2nd, 2013; Overall: 7; Listening: 7.5; Reading: 7.5; Speaking: 7; Writing: 6.5
Okay, so here's what it came down to:

- I decided to show my father as the full sponsor
- I'm showing his bank statement + an FDR which will be equalling to $19,500 + the tuition fee that I've already paid = $27,500, which is 2,500 more than I'm supposed to show.
- Showed his employment certificate, tax assessment
- Showed my mother's employment certificate
- I cannot show any assets as we don't have any.
- I'm unemployed
- I wrote a comprehensive SOP (written above, but with some minor modifications)

All of these should suffice the need of proof of fund. Now a new major concern is, how do I show documented proof, or any kind of proof about the ties to my country? How do I convince them that I will come back? I mean, there's no asset to my name, I don't have a job which I have to come back to, I don't own a business or anything that'll show that I will come back. What do I do with this?

theratulz

Jan 14, 2013
Dhaka
Visa Office......
VFS - Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
February 2nd, 2013; Overall: 7; Listening: 7.5; Reading: 7.5; Speaking: 7; Writing: 6.5
on-hold said:
Discuss how you will use your degree in your home country
Exactly what I wrote on my SOP. I have clearly stated how I have to come back to my country to meet family and social obligations. Also, I have also enlisted that I will be using this degree to get a better job in my home country. A specialized course will allow me to get advantage in the job competition etc. Will it work?

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
No one can tell you if it will work or not. If it's true, it has a higher chance of working; plans that are untruthful often depend on strong statements and promises instead of fact. What degree are you getting, why is it preferable to getting a much cheaper local degree, and why is it more useful in Bangladesh than Canada?

theratulz

Jan 14, 2013
Dhaka
Visa Office......
VFS - Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
on-hold said:
No one can tell you if it will work or not. If it's true, it has a higher chance of working; plans that are untruthful often depend on strong statements and promises instead of fact. What degree are you getting, why is it preferable to getting a much cheaper local degree, and why is it more useful in Bangladesh than Canada?
I have written a comprehensive study plan solely based on facts. No promises or anything. I'm getting a Post Graduate Certificate program. I'm trying to get this certificate because my not a single institute in my country offers such specialized courses and it's more useful in Bangladesh than Canada because, let's face it, Bangladeshi eats anything that has a foreign seal on it.

I know no one can tell me, a lot of luck and timing is also considered in this process. But still, all I can do is strengthen my ground as much as possible from my end.