GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
thanks felicity!! will try that.

Good luck to you and enjoy your future life with husband and family!!!

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Aneyshar said:
thanks felicity!! will try that.

Good luck to you and enjoy your future life with husband and family!!!
Let me know when they reply to you!THANKS!

Our love kept growing even with the obstacles, that's the real miracle !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
felicity01 said:
Let me know when they reply to you!THANKS!

Our love kept growing even with the obstacles, that's the real miracle !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will post any news here, felicity01!! thanks again.

and yes, this process can be a real test on your relationship and your patience. But finally you're through it in one (or 2) piece(s) !!! ;)

Cantico

Oct 5, 2011
costaricacanada said:
Just two days ago I noticed that our status on ecas changed to "decision made" and it says that my husband will be contacted concerning this decision. How long does it usually take for them to make contact? Is there still a chance that it could mean something bad??
Costaricacanada: if your case is quite clean, simple and there has been no problems, then a change in status to "decision made" should be positive. From what I have heard and read, only if there are real problems (on Spousal Applications) with the criminal background check, medical exam, incomplete documentation provided or the accuracy of the documentation would they make a negative decision without a discussion with the applicant.

If it's a case where they have questions or concerns about the legitimacy of your relationship, they would ask for an interview or simply make you wait for a longer period. If you're quite sure that your case is straight forward, then the quick request for your Husband's passport and a change of online status should be perceived as a good sign.

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Aneyshar said:
I will post any news here, felicity01!! thanks again.

and yes, this process can be a real test on your relationship and your patience. But finally you're through it in one (or 2) piece(s) !!! ;)
Hello Aneyshar
Have they responded to your e-mail yet?

Goo luck!

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
felicity01 said:
Hello Aneyshar
Have they responded to your e-mail yet?

Goo luck!
felicity01, not yet but husband got a hold of the call centre they said a couple of docs are missing! doh!! apparently option c *is* required though husband (sponsor) has not filed any tax in canada because he´s been living and working here for the last 7 years & he submitted a note explaining that, so now gotta do it over again, still nothing in the mail though the rep said that he'd send the request again.

he said we can mail the missing doc even if cic letter hasnt arrived which we'll do. one confusing point is that he gave my husband PO box 6100 Sta A as the address for sending the doc, didnt say what's wrong with the other one which is listed on the website, anyone has experience with this??

anyways, it's some progress though very frustrating. thanks again for your advice.

Jul 28, 2011
My husband's passport with visa arrived today at DHL and is waiting for him to pick it up!!!!!! Thank you to all of you for posting.. I spent a ton of time reading through all the posts and they were comforting even though I didn't say much myself..

And maybe it's possible that Guatemala is actually speeding up too which is encouraging.. My husband got his visa in just under 4 months since the time everything was sent to Mississauga so there IS hope for speedy processing.. I realize we were very lucky though and am so grateful..

I truly wish all of you the very best!!!!!

Cantico

Oct 5, 2011
costaricacanada said:
My husband's passport with visa arrived today at DHL and is waiting for him to pick it up!!!!!! Thank you to all of you for posting.. I spent a ton of time reading through all the posts and they were comforting even though I didn't say much myself..

And maybe it's possible that Guatemala is actually speeding up too which is encouraging.. My husband got his visa in just under 4 months since the time everything was sent to Mississauga so there IS hope for speedy processing.. I realize we were very lucky though and am so grateful..

I truly wish all of you the very best!!!!!
Congratulations to you and your Husband costaricacanada!

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Aneyshar said:
felicity01, not yet but husband got a hold of the call centre they said a couple of docs are missing! doh!! apparently option c *is* required though husband (sponsor) has not filed any tax in canada because he´s been living and working here for the last 7 years & he submitted a note explaining that, so now gotta do it over again, still nothing in the mail though the rep said that he'd send the request again.

he said we can mail the missing doc even if cic letter hasnt arrived which we'll do. one confusing point is that he gave my husband PO box 6100 Sta A as the address for sending the doc, didnt say what's wrong with the other one which is listed on the website, anyone has experience with this??

anyways, it's some progress though very frustrating. thanks again for your advice.
Hello
So ... it looks like they still haven't approved your husband as a sponsor?
And they didn't say anything about the missing docs either??? oh boy...
Well at least it looks like Guatemala is speeding up so maybe you will get speed up as well once your first part of the process goes through

I dont know how it goes with someone living abroad besides the intention of settling back in canada proofs, I would make sure to be on the right path though, the CIC website has many recent updates, maybe it says something in there, check it out.

Did you get your file number????????

Take care and be patient!

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Cantico said:
Congratulations to you and your Husband costaricacanada!
Congraulations yes
Maybe they are speeding up hopefully so no one has to wait around for their lives to get back on track again.

Cantico

Oct 5, 2011
Hello everyone. My wife just received a phone call from the visa office in Guatemala. They said that her application, for permanent residency, was approved. They will be sending her passport with the visa back to Costa Rica today. Here is a timeline of all that transpired in our case:

July 7th, 2011. The Immigration office in Mississauga got the file.
Sept 16, 2011. Received an acceptance letter for being a sponsor. The file was being forwarded to Guatemala.
Sept 28th, 2011. Recieved an Acknowledgment of Reception e-mail from Guatemala.
Oct 3rd, 2011. Received a Request for her Original Passport and prepaid airway bill - nothing else.
Oct 4th, 2011. Sent passport away to Guatemala by DHL.
Oct 5th, 2011. Guatemala received passport.
Oct 19th, 2011. Visa approval - passport being sent back with visa.

We obtained our approval in less than 3 1/2 months after Mississauga received our original application. Only after she received her approval call was her eCAS updated and now says "decision made". We filled out all of the forms ourselves with no legal or consultancy help. It did take almost 2 months to gather all of the necessary documents, evidence and fill out the forms. We were very careful and went over the instructions maybe 10 times or more. I believe that our case was straight forward with no complications. We also could prove that our relationship was ongoing for several years before the application. Still, we were expecting to have to wait at least 12 months. Even Guatemala told us that the average wait time is between 12-18 months when they sent her AOR letter (only 3 weeks ago). I'm still shocked at the short timeframe for approval. It appears that Guatemala is becoming more efficient. Here are some other speedy approvals from this forum:

- costaricacanada received visa in 4 months.
- Belizian received visa in a similar timeframe.
- margrey in 5 months

At first, it appeared that they got approvals fast because there was either a pregnancy or a child involved. However, my Wife is not pregnant nor do we have children.

I appreciate the responses and support that all of you gave. I especially enjoyed reading all of the past experiences on this forum, it was informative. To all members and readers of this forum, I hope you receive your visas soon.

THANKS!

Belizian

Jul 7, 2011
That was a great post Cantico!! It is wonderful to be able to be with husband!! Good luck to those still dealing with the process!! :)

caro

Apr 22, 2011
Hi guys, I've been reading a lot of posts and I'm happy to see that applications are being approved in less time than I had imagined! I hope this is the case for my hubby and I!

I am Canadian from BC sponsoring my Costa Rican husband with an outland application(I've lived in CR for 6 years now). My sponsorship application was received by the Mississauga office on Oct 26, so we're just at the beginning of the waiting process! I hope our application is an easy one, although my husband has a non-accompanying dependent child, so I have a feeling that might slow up the process a bit. But fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly!!

I'll be reading everyone's posts and let you all know how things go for us! :D

J

jdwhite21

Hey all!!

My husband got the call from CIC Guatamala today!! They are sending his passport back with visa in it tomorrow!! They had actually phoned him and told him this morning and asked if he'd be ready to go before November 28th so he doesn't have to redo medicals and of course he said yes and the lady told him she would phone him if/when it was ready. Than he got the call this afternoon saying that they were sending his passport back with visa in it tomorrow, he got a tracked number and I see that it has already left Guatemala.

So here's our timeline with this office:
February 2011 app sent to CIC Mississauga - app was returned because lawyer didn't include everything.
March 2011 app returned to CIC once again.
April 2011 I was approve for sponsorship, we received a notice mid April saying that Guatamala had received our app
End of August, we got the passport request and to pay the right of permanent residence fee.
November 17th call that our visa was issued.

So not including the month of February we waited a total of 6 months. Thank you all for your support. It is definitely a good thing to see so many of us getting approvals well before the 18 months that it quotes on the CIC website. To all of you still waiting I hope you all hear something equally as fast, if not faster. Best of luck :)

Jess.