+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

wilbert26

Jun 19, 2016
Hello,

Just wanted to get some advice/tips. We received an email requesting additional information (dated today). Has anyone else had to go through this? What does this mean?

Please advise.

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
 Passport photos: Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications)
 Police Certificate: Please provide an updated certificate from the UK.
 Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature Please provide an updated form and account for periods spent within Canada on Questions 8 and 12.
Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.
The above information/documents must be received in our office within 45 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence.
Please return this letter with the requested documents.
Sincerely, Immigration Section

PaulaG

Dec 26, 2015
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
w/ app
Hi folks,

Wondering if anyone knows what application month LVO seems to be currently working on?
Current processing time for Ireland, based on what you've seen on here? Are they really at 13mo or is that still and average for all other countries going through London?

Is there a spreadsheet available?

We have a while to go, just curious how long that may be.

Thanks!

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
PaulaG said:
Hi folks,

Wondering if anyone knows what application month LVO seems to be currently working on?
Current processing time for Ireland, based on what you've seen on here? Are they really at 13mo or is that still and average for all other countries going through London?

Thanks!
i would say they're as far as october 2015 at the moment. i've seen around 4 DMs this past week for october applicants being processed at LVO.

take a look at the spreadsheet in my signature. it's specific to pakistani applicants being processed in london, but it'll still give you a somewhat good indication of what their progress has been like.

wilbert26

Jun 19, 2016
wilbert26 said:
Hello,

Just wanted to get some advice/tips. We received an email requesting additional information (dated today). Has anyone else had to go through this? What does this mean?

Please advise.

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
 Passport photos: Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications)
 Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature Please provide an updated form and account for periods spent within Canada on Questions 8 and 12.
Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.
The above information/documents must be received in our office within 45 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence.
Just wanted to provide some context. My husband and I got married in May, 2015 and I came to Canada, along with him in June, 2015. We started working on our application but didn't send it until October 2015. I traveled back to England in October for a couple of weeks and then came back to Canada. We went to the U.S. in December, 2015 for a week and I have been in Canada ever since. (Passport stamped until June 25th, 2016). I am currently back in England and plan on staying here for 4-5 weeks, returning to be with my husband sometime in August.
LVO is asking for an updated IM5669, along with passport photos and an updated police check "provide an updated form and account for periods spent within Canada on Questions 8 and 12".

Do you think my time spent in Canada will be a red flag or am I just being paranoid? I haven't spent more than 6 months in the country at a time and have been very forthcoming with my intentions on sponsorship/PR with border agents.
Also, any idea if I can expect a "DM" shortly after sending my documents or will I be waiting another 5-6 months before hearing anything.

Thanks!

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
wilbert26 said:
Just wanted to provide some context. My husband and I got married in May, 2015 and I came to Canada, along with him in June, 2015. We started working on our application but didn't send it until October 2015. I traveled back to England in October for a couple of weeks and then came back to Canada. We went to the U.S. in December, 2015 for a week and I have been in Canada ever since. (Passport stamped until June 25th, 2016). I am currently back in England and plan on staying here for 4-5 weeks, returning to be with my husband sometime in August.
LVO is asking for an updated IM5669, along with passport photos and an updated police check "provide an updated form and account for periods spent within Canada on Questions 8 and 12".

Do you think my time spent in Canada will be a red flag or am I just being paranoid? I haven't spent more than 6 months in the country at a time and have been very forthcoming with my intentions on sponsorship/PR with border agents.
Also, any idea if I can expect a "DM" shortly after sending my documents or will I be waiting another 5-6 months before hearing anything.

Thanks!
being a visa exempt applicant, i would imagine that not visiting your spouse in canada would be a red flag. i don't think you have anything to worry about.

as for the time it takes to get a DM after a doc request, you can expect to wait anywhere from 30 to 60 days provided that there are no further delays. this is based on past trends i've seen over the past three months.

Duffy

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
05-03-2016
File Transfer...
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 18-11-2015
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 19/10/16
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
PaulaG said:
Hi folks,

Thanks!
There's a spread sheet in SchnookoLoly's signature as well which shows all LVO's applications broken down by year... Good luck! :)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
zwicker89 said:
Hi All!

I have just received an email from CIC requesting photos, and it states that I should 'Make sure you provide the correct number of photos specified in your application guide'.

The most recent application guide says that I should provide 2 photos, but the one that I used at the time of application says I should provide 8. Which application guide should I use? The form is IMM 3901.

Thanks in advance!

Ben
I'd do 2 photos.

wilbert26 said:
Hello,

Please advise.

Please note:
wilbert26 said:

Thanks!
I think you're being paranoid. :) You've complied with immigration rules, haven't overstayed, etc, you've been totally wtihin the law, so I think they are just asking for your recent travel history. Sometimest hey do it to see if you have an "ongoing relationship" with the sponsor, sometimes they need to check residency requirements for police checks etc, and who knows whatever other reasons. Just send what they've asked for and I'd guess you are probably towards the end of the process.

Kingsby

Apr 27, 2016
SchnookoLoly said:
Updated! Congrats! Don't froget to post when you get COPR.
Repost from British Expats incase it gets missed:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After emailing CIC, as my medicals were due to expire, they responded with the words we all long to hear.... Your application for PR has been approved and your COPR is in the post.

Nearly 9 months of patiently waiting, the finish line is being crossed.

Again, for more than just keeping us sane, this community is fantastic especially SchnookoLoly, Andrewbrit, Shirtback, christmasoompa, Siouxie (if im forgetting anyone I apologise) you all have been a huge help please keep up the great work.

Montreal here I come.

Kingbsy

Duffy

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
05-03-2016
File Transfer...
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 18-11-2015
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 19/10/16
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
Kingsby said:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After emailing CIC, as my medicals were due to expire, they responded with the words we all long to hear.... Your application for PR has been approved and your COPR is in the post.

Again, for more than just keeping us sane, this community is fantastic especially SchnookoLoly, Andrewbrit, Shirtback, christmasoompa, Siouxie (if im forgetting anyone I apologise) you all have been a huge help please keep up the great work.

Montreal here I come.

Kingbsy
CONGRATS!! It's so nice to finally see a London applicant get a DM!! Hopefully this means they're getting the ball rolling again!

PaulaG

Dec 26, 2015
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
w/ app
Duffy said:
There's a spread sheet in SchnookoLoly's signature as well which shows all LVO's applications broken down by year... Good luck! :)
Thanks! I had looked around before but couldn't find a signature link anywhere... didn't dig deep enough :p

Is it ok if I add our info?

Philippa

Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Doc's Request.
19-01-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2015
File Transfer...
Sent to London from Mississauga 07-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
Kingsby said:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Montreal here I come.

Kingbsy
Congratulations Kingsby! What is your medical expiry date out of interest? Mine will be expiring early August so not sure whether to send an email similar to yours.

Really happy to see another October LVO applicant get DM!

Kingsby

Apr 27, 2016
Philippa said:
Congratulations Kingsby! What is your medical expiry date out of interest? Mine will be expiring early August so not sure whether to send an email similar to yours.

Really happy to see another October LVO applicant get DM!
Phillippa - My medicals expires in about a week, If I were you I would drop them a polite email in a couple of weeks time saying something like:

"I would not normally email unless there was something urgent, however my Medical result submitted with my Application are going to expire in a few weeks.

Please can someone advise what needs to be done regarding this and what we can do going forward."

gotocanada2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
SchnookoLoly said:
To everyone asking for timelines: Look at the spreadsheet linked in my signature. Thanks.

gotocanada - the email is in the FAQ linked in my signature. I'm pretty sure the one you have posted is correct, though. Email them first. Don't blindly send the original, especially if they haven't asked for it. Email them first, mark the subejct as URGENT, and if you don't hear back in a week then get your MP involved. I would be VERY wary of sending originals as you may not get it back, that's why they ask for copies.

flx - refers to files that were transferred from islamabad to London, or where the app "shoudl have" gone to Islamabad in the first place, mostly for PK applicants. (e.g., if the PA is PK and living in London, then it would be left as "standard" because it probably would have gone to London based on residency. HOwever if the PA is PK and living in PK then it would be counted as "from Islamabad" because the app normally would have gone to PK but instead was transferred to London.) The stats are split based on the location of the PA.
Thanks Schnookololy, my husband wasn't happy abt the whole issue.. He has sent the original to them cos our letter stated anyone can go to the judiciary registrar to pay for a copy, so he thinks if they can pull out my country's law then who are we to argue with them... Lol... So he's has posted it via dhl which should arrive today. In 5 days I'd ask if it's been received. I tweeted ciclondon and they said I shld also email London-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca , we didn't know that before. Anyways, long and short is, now we know we can get another certificate from my country, so we're not worried if they don't return this one. Thanks a lot for taking your time to answer my questions.

zwicker89

Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
26-10-2015
Hi there,

I need to change my address with CIC. We are currently living in the UK, and I am temporarily moving to another UK address, and my partner (sponsor) is moving to BC until my application has been approved and I also move there. Should we change the address on the application to the BC address? If so, is sending a letter to the London office the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Ben

SM205

Star Member
May 20, 2016
zwicker89 said:
Hi there,

I need to change my address with CIC. We are currently living in the UK, and I am temporarily moving to another UK address, and my partner (sponsor) is moving to BC until my application has been approved and I also move there. Should we change the address on the application to the BC address? If so, is sending a letter to the London office the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Ben
zwicker85- If PA application is being processed at LVO then any change of address either PA or sponsor, you have to inform LVO,
Regards