+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Those figures are for "Spouses & Partners". They are treated the same, except that the burden of proof for CL is usually higher. There should be little difference in the timing, assuming that the CL is well established and easily demonstrated.

Desi PK

Nov 15, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2012
Doc's Request.
May 2013
File Transfer...
November 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
8 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
25th June 2013
Hello All,

Do some one know how much London VO take to issue visa if they an applicant to send passport on their priority address?
How to contact you London VO in an urgent matter? if they are not replying emails.
What it a good way to email them by webform or by email?

Kindly reply!!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
What sort of visa and for whom?

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
zardoz said:
Those figures are for "Spouses & Partners". They are treated the same, except that the burden of proof for CL is usually higher. There should be little difference in the timing, assuming that the CL is well established and easily demonstrated.
Ok cool and yes it is. Whereas I think we would've had to include additional info as to why we would be applying under spouse so CL was the easiest route.

Desi PK

Nov 15, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2012
Doc's Request.
May 2013
File Transfer...
November 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
8 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
25th June 2013
Desi PK said:
Hello All,

Do some one know how much London VO take to issue visa if they an applicant to send passport on their priority address?
How to contact you London VO in an urgent matter? if they are not replying emails.
What it a good way to email them by webform or by email?

Kindly reply!!
Sweden and DGT, your expertise required on above mentioned questions! I applied in family class.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
markstimson said:
My app has been in London for almost 3 months already per my timeline on the left.

Why the *censored word* would they even bother offering PNP if it takes 24 months. Why does everything involving the public sector here go grindingly slow and be besieged by backlogs.

So PNP doesn't provide any form of implied status then? If it takes 24 months, I'm wondering why anyone on an IEC visa waiting for a spousal sponsorship would take that route if not.
PNP doesn't provide implied status but it does provide the opportunity to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit. On an IEC, even if you apply for spousal sponsorship inland and submit an OWP app, you are not allowed to continue working after the IEC expires. So there is usually that gap of at least a few months (or possibly longer if applying outland) where you cannot work. With a PNP app submitted, you can get a BOWP if your work permit is due to expire within 4 months, so you can continue to work. It does take a lot longer but for someone on an IEC who has an great job and doesn't want to risk losing it by having to stop working for a few months, PNP can be the better option over spousal sponsorship. They still get to stay in Canada with their partner and they get to continue working through the whole PNP process.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Hi guys.

Some interesting posts re: Strike on this Twitter.

https://twitter.com/MichelleZilio

A few tweets done, it's mentioned that the head of PAFSO is planning for job actions as far ahead as September.

Looks like we're all screwed. I don't know what the hell to do, short of just going bankrupt.

jamespianoo

Jan 10, 2013
If i want to keep working in Canada after I apply for PR (my work permit will expire about a month after i send my application) is it faster to apply inland or via London?

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
jamespianoo said:
If i want to keep working in Canada after I apply for PR (my work permit will expire about a month after i send my application) is it faster to apply inland or via London?
Normally, I would suggest Outland but with the strike and all who knows?

Inland could see you get a Work Permit within 6-8 months.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
DGT said:
Hi guys.

Some interesting posts re: Strike on this Twitter.

https://twitter.com/MichelleZilio

A few tweets done, it's mentioned that the head of PAFSO is planning for job actions as far ahead as September.

Looks like we're all screwed. I don't know what the hell to do, short of just going bankrupt.
Thanks for the heads up. Following her, she about the only person giving any information

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
Thanks for the heads up. Following her, she about the only person giving any information
Indeed. Seeing what's happening at other offices with those ridiculous pile-ups, we can only assume that London is now swamped beyond all repair.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
jamespianoo said:
But keep in mind that if you apply inland, you won't be able to leave the country for 14 months. Something to take into consideration.

Desi PK said:
Sweden and DGT, your expertise required on above mentioned questions! I applied in family class.
Not sure what is the best, but you can try the webform, it will get to them. Whether they decide to answer, that's everyone's guess.
For how long it takes - it depends. I would say 3 to 4 weeks used to be the norm, but there is a strike going on in some VOs, and London is affected, so nobody can tell you for sure.

Good luck,
Sweden

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jamespianoo said:
You don't say what type of work permit you have. Depending on which it is, if you apply inland and submit the OWP app along with the PR app, you can continue working under Implied Status. But yeah, stuck in Canada for the entire 14 month process

philipsweden

Aug 6, 2012
Warning: Rant post

I just wonder if anyone have any speculations in what the VO is doing once they open an application.

Obviously some applications are so straight forward that when they open the application and go through it applicants are pretty much approved straight away.
Now if the applicant, like myself, have lived in different countries and might have a more complicated background does a whole CIA/CSI/FBI/whatever Canada got kicks into place? I mean how much background checks can a VO actually do with the resources they got? Do they actually call governments in different countries asking about an applicants background or is it pure facebook/linkedin stalking we are talking about?

Take myself as an example, application was received 15 Oct 2012, sponsor approved 15 Nov 2012 and then transferred. London VO started "process" me on April 15th 2013, I assume they opened my file earlier than that since many other who applied around my time had their files at least opened or approved. Now almost 2 months later I m still in process and they have not requested any extra information from me.
I emailed them last week to ask if they need any other information and just in general ask what the hell is going on and the answer I got was:

"Please be advised that we are currently awaiting the results of routine background checks, unfortunately we are unable to predict exactly how long this will take. However we assure you that we will be in contact as soon as these results are received."

I am only speculating that since they have no idea how long these background checks will take as stated in the email reply the London VO have requested information about me from a third party, maybe an old employer or the Chinese government who knows and they have no idea when this third party will reply with information. What do I know I am just speculating.
Of course I have provided them with police checks from where I have lived and one would imagine that as long as you are not a criminal in a country where you have lived what other information do they need to get?

This is just a stupid rant post but I am sure more people than me have speculated that what the hell the VO is actually doing, if someone knew for sure I am sure someone would post about it so feel free to speculate. I am just extremely curious to hear what my background checks are and why they are taking so long.
I do know about the strikes but at least there must be someone there doing something since I got a reply on my email.

Discussions and speculation much appreciated!

Have a great day!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
philipsweden said:
Warning: Rant post

I just wonder if anyone have any speculations in what the VO is doing once they open an application.

Obviously some applications are so straight forward that when they open the application and go through it applicants are pretty much approved straight away.
Now if the applicant, like myself, have lived in different countries and might have a more complicated background does a whole CIA/CSI/FBI/whatever Canada got kicks into place? I mean how much background checks can a VO actually do with the resources they got? Do they actually call governments in different countries asking about an applicants background or is it pure facebook/linkedin stalking we are talking about?

Take myself as an example, application was received 15 Oct 2012, sponsor approved 15 Nov 2012 and then transferred. London VO started "process" me on April 15th 2013, I assume they opened my file earlier than that since many other who applied around my time had their files at least opened or approved. Now almost 2 months later I m still in process and they have not requested any extra information from me.
I emailed them last week to ask if they need any other information and just in general ask what the hell is going on and the answer I got was:

"Please be advised that we are currently awaiting the results of routine background checks, unfortunately we are unable to predict exactly how long this will take. However we assure you that we will be in contact as soon as these results are received."

I am only speculating that since they have no idea how long these background checks will take as stated in the email reply the London VO have requested information about me from a third party, maybe an old employer or the Chinese government who knows and they have no idea when this third party will reply with information. What do I know I am just speculating.
Of course I have provided them with police checks from where I have lived and one would imagine that as long as you are not a criminal in a country where you have lived what other information do they need to get?

This is just a stupid rant post but I am sure more people than me have speculated that what the hell the VO is actually doing, if someone knew for sure I am sure someone would post about it so feel free to speculate. I am just extremely curious to hear what my background checks are and why they are taking so long.
I do know about the strikes but at least there must be someone there doing something since I got a reply on my email.

Discussions and speculation much appreciated!

Have a great day!
Hi Philip!

My understanding of the background check process is that the VOs' have extensive resources available for background checks, but they rely on the efficiency of others. Every applicant is checked out by the CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service), as well as regular criminal databases and records. If there are a lot of countries, it essentially means that many more people and departments are required in assessing the background. Depending on how effective record keeping can be in a country, this can take a while.

From what I know about the CSIS, it's quite an inefficient body and isn't highly regarded in the intelligence community. And of course, as CIC has been known to misplace and misfile things, we can also assume that these people performing background checks also do this stuff!

It sure seems like it's been a long time for your background checks, and hopefully your email has prompted a VO to chase it up. I applied 4 days after you, and my background check was completed almost immediately (and i've lived on 4 continents over the course of my life!).

I think you have legitimate cause for a rant!