+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
FK22 said:
hey all im gonna be out of the country for a little while and I need to know how much time you have to hand in your passport when thry send u the request...
Im hoping they will send a ppr soon but if im out of the country at that time...then what happens?? how many days do i have to come back and hand it in 15, 30, 45??? help :-[
We're visa exempt so no ppr.

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
bonitanita said:
We're visa exempt so no ppr.
thank u for helping out...
oh hmmm..im not visa exempt :( is there anyone who had to do ppr that could tell me how many days they were alotted to hand in their passport pleasssseee :(

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
FK22 said:
thank u for helping out...
oh hmmm..im not visa exempt :( is there anyone who had to do ppr that could tell me how many days they were alotted to hand in their passport pleasssseee :(
Hello FK22,

I think it depends a bit on nationalities etc, so it's difficult to say. The last case of non-visa exempt going through London was Yasiin, and the PPR came beginning of August, and the visa was received back beginning of september... but I am not sure how long the person was allotted to send the passport. I think if it happens to you, then your best option is to send a registered letter explaining your case - when you will be returning and when you can hand in your passport, together with the copy of the passport request, and they should be able to understand that - I don't think it will create a major problem. Just make sure that while you are away from home, somebody can open your mail and inform you about it. The worst thing you can do is not inform them - as long as you answer if you are asked for your passport, you should be fine.
Good luck,
Sweden

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
Sweden said:
Hello FK22,

I think it depends a bit on nationalities etc, so it's difficult to say. The last case of non-visa exempt going through London was Yasiin, and the PPR came beginning of August, and the visa was received back beginning of september... but I am not sure how long the person was allotted to send the passport. I think if it happens to you, then your best option is to send a registered letter explaining your case - when you will be returning and when you can hand in your passport, together with the copy of the passport request, and they should be able to understand that - I don't think it will create a major problem. Just make sure that while you are away from home, somebody can open your mail and inform you about it. The worst thing you can do is not inform them - as long as you answer if you are asked for your passport, you should be fine.
Good luck,
Sweden

Thank soooo much Sweden :)

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
Sweden said:
Landing in Vancouver on the 15th quite late - I'll let you know how it goes for sure!
Look forward to hearing how your landing goes!! I'm landing with my wife and kids on the 15th of November! Hope I have have my wife's COPR by then but will be looking forward to hearing how things go for you!! Good luck and wish you all the best Sweden!!

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
Hi,

So I am an Irish citizen and my wife is Canadian. We applied through the London office. Our file was received in Mississauga on April 20, 2012. My wife got notification that she had been approved on July 20th and that my application was being sent to London. I have been keeping an eye on E-Cas and all it says is that my application was received on April 20th, there has been no update since it went to London. I contacted someone that we know who works as an immigration officer, they were able to let me know that my application is just sitting in a queue in London and that it is basically a waiting game. I am in Toronto at the moment, but will be leaving again at the end of November, I'm hoping everthing will be through by then.

Re: E-cas being down; I am experiencing the same problems. I'm guessing that nothing will be done about this till Tuesday as this weekend is Thanksgiving weekend in Canada.

Hopefully for all of us things will speed up. I'm guessing London just went to sleep during the olympics!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
seamyb said:
Hi,

So I am an Irish citizen and my wife is Canadian. We applied through the London office. Our file was received in Mississauga on April 20, 2012. My wife got notification that she had been approved on July 20th and that my application was being sent to London. I have been keeping an eye on E-Cas and all it says is that my application was received on April 20th, there has been no update since it went to London. I contacted someone that we know who works as an immigration officer, they were able to let me know that my application is just sitting in a queue in London and that it is basically a waiting game. I am in Toronto at the moment, but will be leaving again at the end of November, I'm hoping everthing will be through by then.

Re: E-cas being down; I am experiencing the same problems. I'm guessing that nothing will be done about this till Tuesday as this weekend is Thanksgiving weekend in Canada.

Hopefully for all of us things will speed up. I'm guessing London just went to sleep during the olympics!!
Welcome to the thread - and yes, nothing else to do than waiting, but you can see from the spreadsheet ( in my signature) London is getting pretty close to us - your timeline is very similar to mine... so hopefully by november you will be done indeed...

Ecas was down this week end but now it's working again for me - but I don't imagine that there will be any updates during the week end - but at least they got it to work again, so it's ready for good news for tomorrow! :)

Good luck with waiting - if you have a straightforward case you should be done quite soon! feel free to add yourself to the spreadsheet (it's open to all) if you are not already in.

Cheers, and happy thanksgiving,
Sweden

mattyr83

Jul 5, 2012
Hello all, I just got an email on Friday, October 5th from the London VO requesting more info. Our ECAS has not updated to "in process" but I guess it must have been in process sometime last week. So any early July transfers could also be in process at this point. We sent the documents they were asking for straight away, but because of the long weekend they won't get it until Thursday...Hopefully it doesn't take them too long to pick up our file again.... does anyone know if this will put our approval really far behind now?

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Herjeet said:
Look forward to hearing how your landing goes!! I'm landing with my wife and kids on the 15th of November! Hope I have have my wife's COPR by then but will be looking forward to hearing how things go for you!! Good luck and wish you all the best Sweden!!
We are the same..waiting for my wife's COPR as well but we land in Calgary with or without it on Nov.28th. The shipping company is coming next week to pack up our stuff..everything left goes eBay, Gumtree or charity shop..and I finish up my job on Oct.25..time sure is flying by now! Let's hope that London gets its finger out this week and sends us all some good news!!! ;D

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
mattyr83 said:
Hello all, I just got an email on Friday, October 5th from the London VO requesting more info. Our ECAS has not updated to "in process" but I guess it must have been in process sometime last week. So any early July transfers could also be in process at this point. We sent the documents they were asking for straight away, but because of the long weekend they won't get it until Thursday...Hopefully it doesn't take them too long to pick up our file again.... does anyone know if this will put our approval really far behind now?
Hey,

I would not imagine it would have a huge delay, a delay yes but nothing significant. They will match up your additional documents with your file and revisit the application in a specific time. I would assume within a week or so of getting the additional documents delivered. Congrats to you though, at least you know they have your file and they are looking at it. It seems London generally has movement on files more or less 90 days after they receive your file. Fingers crossed and it does indeed look like the VO is starting to process the July files.

Anxiously waiting myself, become the biggest E-CASoholic in this last week. I need to do some stuff to occupy my time and not check E-CAS by the hour lol.

I am sure you will be smiling very very soon. Good luck :D

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Jason Kenney is in London this week as part of tackling labour shortages in Canada. Maybe he can hurry London VO along a little bit lol. Here is the link with a few more details :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/offshorefinance/9583522/Canada-woos-unemployed-British-graduates.html

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
Come on London.... I'm tired of waiting!

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
Sweden said:
Welcome to the thread - and yes, nothing else to do than waiting, but you can see from the spreadsheet ( in my signature) London is getting pretty close to us - your timeline is very similar to mine... so hopefully by november you will be done indeed...

Ecas was down this week end but now it's working again for me - but I don't imagine that there will be any updates during the week end - but at least they got it to work again, so it's ready for good news for tomorrow! :)

Good luck with waiting - if you have a straightforward case you should be done quite soon! feel free to add yourself to the spreadsheet (it's open to all) if you are not already in.

Cheers, and happy thanksgiving,
Sweden
I noticed that Ecas was back up but I received no update. Based on some other posts in the thread it looks like things are moving along.

Happy Thanksgiving. Getting ready for the turkey!!

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
Could not wait until we got home to find out what the decision is. Her dad was instructed to open the post and find out. She is now a perminant resident of Canada. At the moment we don't have a date for landing. We have decided to travel and go the long way around stopping off ariubd the far east and Oz first.

Ill still be keeping an eye out on here to see how you all get on and give my advice/experiences if anyone needs it.

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
oh and for the spread sheet. the letter was there waiting for us before we even saw decision made. ;-)