+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Aperture

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Passport Req..
None! Direct to COPR.
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2012
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
chrischris said:
I have pointed out that it is possible that I may mention it when I get it and I'm unlikely to keep it under my hat.
Yeah, it's the sort of thing that's difficult to not jump and cheer about. ;) I hope you get it soon!

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
i've sent 2 case specifics now, have got the automated replies that they received them and nothing further...

how do i order caips notes?? please
will also try and get mp involved tomorrow
chrischris and pinklady thanks for the alternative e-mail addy i shall send that one an urgent e-mail too...
like chrischris says what have we to lose?
our 60 days could well be ticking away

*dramatic sigh*

and lol chrischris...yeah you MIGHT happen to mention it in passing heh

Y

yameen

FREE AND MOST HELPFULL ADVICE
Those of you who are In the process of applying DO NOT PUT AN EMAIL ADDRESS for correspondence. Say i have no computer no internet so just send everthing to home address or CALL. Trust it from someone who is suffering from wrong email issue.

Anyways my husband will send te police certificate and copy of the email and explain that we just got it last week and hopefully they accept and overlook the fact that we passed the time limit and dont reject the application. Though i doubt they wud accept it as their fault.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uk2canada10 said:
Outland means applying from outside of London? Or does it mean applying from London to Canada?
Outland means London process ur application for permanent residency where inland means it is processed in Alberta Canada

Y

yameen

By the way processing times for london on the website is now down to 7 months wohooo updated 27 october.

JenB

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Whistler!
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 17th 2011
Passport Req..
October 27th 2011
MonicaD from the July thread also got ppr November 1st, if you wanted to add it to the spreadsheet ;D

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canooknic said:
I had the same issue when I sent my package (it's seems a lifetime ago that I did!) Royal Mail told me the best way to send it and it turned out that it was only tracked until it left England!! Not useful.
Keep an eye on what date is being processed and try Ecas once the 24th is being done, it sucks but it will hopefully save you from getting as stressed out as I did!!
Hope you get an update soon :)
Hi Louise86 and Canooknic,

Yeah I was told its not tracked outside of England, so I thought Id try the Canada Post website yesterday - I just figured they wouldnt track incoming international mail which is why I never tried before, but actually they do track it! I put in my barcode from Royal Mail and says successfully delivered in missasisiguguaguaaa on the 24th!

yay! :)

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
AnnaMcG said:
Hi Louise86 and Canooknic,

Yeah I was told its not tracked outside of England, so I thought Id try the Canada Post website yesterday - I just figured they wouldnt track incoming international mail which is why I never tried before, but actually they do track it! I put in my barcode from Royal Mail and says successfully delivered in missasisiguguaguaaa on the 24th!

yay! :)
Excellent news AnnaMcG! :)

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
yameen said:
FREE AND MOST HELPFULL ADVICE
Those of you who are In the process of applying DO NOT PUT AN EMAIL ADDRESS for correspondence. Say i have no computer no internet so just send everthing to home address or CALL. Trust it from someone who is suffering from wrong email issue.

Anyways my husband will send te police certificate and copy of the email and explain that we just got it last week and hopefully they accept and overlook the fact that we passed the time limit and dont reject the application. Though i doubt they wud accept it as their fault.
I would actually disagree with this. I've been very happy my correspondence has beent through e-mail as it allows me to get updates instantly instead of waiting 6-10 days for the information to come through snail-mail. Them sending the info to the wrong e-mail address can not be a common occurrence, so I think you must have been extremely unlucky. So I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck, but I think that most of the time it is ideal to choose e-mail correspondence.

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
Also, I have good news! Just received this email from London:

"Dear xxxxxx,

Please be advised that your visa has been inserted and your passport was sent from our office today.

Yours sincerely,

ACD"

Weeeeeeee!! No more worrying about Canada Post!

Jeri27

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
pinklady said:
Hi Jeri, I have now added you to the spreadsheet. Can you tell me when the letter was dated?
Thanks!

Hi!
I have now added you to the spreadsheet, will you let me know when Mississauga receive the application?
Thank you!
Yes. It was Oct 26, 2011.

Alltogethernow

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2011
File Transfer...
02-11-2011
Med's Done....
24-07-2011
Yippee - lots of good news on here. I have more to add :)

Stage 1 approved - November 2nd :) WAHOO - update me on the spreadsheet pleeeeeeeeeeeease :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
uk2canada10 said:
Outland means applying from outside of London? Or does it mean applying from London to Canada?
Outland means the Visa office processing your file is outside of Canada. You can be in the UK, or in Canada or wherever to choose this option.

Inland means your file is processed within Canada at the Vegreville office. You can only choose this option if you are staying in a canada as a visitor or with a work permit, whatever. You have to be in canada.

People from visa exempt countries usually apply outland, whether they're in Canada or not.

Oct 21, 2011
alasken said:
I would actually disagree with this. I've been very happy my correspondence has beent through e-mail as it allows me to get updates instantly instead of waiting 6-10 days for the information to come through snail-mail. Them sending the info to the wrong e-mail address can not be a common occurrence, so I think you must have been extremely unlucky. So I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck, but I think that most of the time it is ideal to choose e-mail correspondence.
I agree with alasken. I haven't had any issues with email correspondence so far!