+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
I am also in process since April 2. Soooo happy.

I did notice some people have been in process since beginning of Feb so I am a little weary still. BUT YAY!

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
Becki567 said:

I did notice some people have been in process since beginning of Feb so I am a little weary still. BUT YAY!
We are all most there! I had a feeling April was going to be a good month for September applicants, hopefully we will have COPRs end of the month!

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
Becki567 said:

Looks like those in process since Feb had extra docs requested. Neither of us have so hopefully shouldn't take too long for DM/COPR

ACCanada

Apr 5, 2014
Hey there everybody,

I'm new to the boards as my partner and I are starting to look into this as we become more invested into our future together.

Can I get some general answers to a couple things:

How much does the process cost? Getting the medical, the examinations, the clearances, anything like that. I'm the Canadian citizen who will be residing in Canada.

Do these costs get paid through the sponsor or the applicant? I'm assuming we could help eachother out with the costs through money transfers correct?

We are both students, and we have a general idea of what we want to accomplish and what we need to do. More than likely we will both be working survival jobs throughout university to support ourselves. I have family that can take us in if need ever be. Does that sound like a decent enough plan to describe our plan to the CIC?

I am young and so is she, is this process as daunting as it can seem from the outside looking in?

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
Hello,

Before answering your questions, can I ask are you applying as common-law? if yes, have you lived together for 12months or more?

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
ACCanada said:
Hey,

No our plan is to apply as spousal sponsorship.
OK..below are some answers to your questions:

How much does the process cost? Getting the medical, the examinations, the clearances, anything like that. I'm the Canadian citizen who will be residing in Canada. I paid:
- £295 for the medical in London, UK this includes x-ray etc.
- £45 for my UK police certificate (standard service). You need a police cert. for every country the applicant has lived in for more than 6 months.
- i think it was CAD 1040 for the fees

Do these costs get paid through the sponsor or the applicant? I'm assuming we could help eachother out with the costs through money transfers correct? yes, you can help each other out

We are both students, and we have a general idea of what we want to accomplish and what we need to do. More than likely we will both be working survival jobs throughout university to support ourselves. I have family that can take us in if need ever be. Does that sound like a decent enough plan to describe our plan to the CIC? there is no financial requirement for spousal sponsorship, you just need to prove your marriage is genuine

I am young and so is she, is this process as daunting as it can seem from the outside looking in? just make use of the information on the CIC website and take your time putting your package together.

aj~

Star Member
Oct 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2013
AOR Received.
21/08/2013
File Transfer...
30/08/2013
Med's Done....
19/04/2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17/04/2014
LANDED..........
07/05/2014
Congrats to everyone on their progress! :)

I must confess to losing heart again with our application. This Friday will be a month "In Process" and also no sign of the GCMS notes which we ordered 31 days ago now. So still none the wiser as to when the background checks started or when they're going to be done.

Going to fire off an e-mail to them tomorrow if the notes have still not arrived.

ACCanada

Apr 5, 2014
apt2208 said:
OK..below are some answers to your questions:

How much does the process cost? Getting the medical, the examinations, the clearances, anything like that. I'm the Canadian citizen who will be residing in Canada. I paid:
- £295 for the medical in London, UK this includes x-ray etc.
- £45 for my UK police certificate (standard service). You need a police cert. for every country the applicant has lived in for more than 6 months.
- i think it was CAD 1040 for the fees

Do these costs get paid through the sponsor or the applicant? I'm assuming we could help eachother out with the costs through money transfers correct? yes, you can help each other out

We are both students, and we have a general idea of what we want to accomplish and what we need to do. More than likely we will both be working survival jobs throughout university to support ourselves. I have family that can take us in if need ever be. Does that sound like a decent enough plan to describe our plan to the CIC? there is no financial requirement for spousal sponsorship, you just need to prove your marriage is genuine

I am young and so is she, is this process as daunting as it can seem from the outside looking in? just make use of the information on the CIC website and take your time putting your package together.

Thank you so much for your answers.

I've been reading some of the application documents and on the document checklist it talks about proving a minimum income required, would this be a piece we skip because of spousal sponsorship? Specifically question 18 and 19.

Also, I've looked at the fees and gone through what it would be paying. I've checked off: Sponsorship application (75),family member who is spouse (550), and right of permanent resident fee (490). I see one that says principal applicant (475), am I meant to be paying that one as well? Sorry if this isn't the right area for this.

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
ACCanada said:
Thank you so much for your answers.

I've been reading some of the application documents and on the document checklist it talks about proving a minimum income required, would this be a piece we skip because of spousal sponsorship? Specifically question 18 and 19.
My understanding is there is no minimum income requirement for spousal sponsorship. You do need to provide all documents in the checklist. Perhaps someone else can comment on this part as this wasn't a problem for us so we didn't have any issues with providing this proof.

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
aj~ said:
Congrats to everyone on their progress! :)

I must confess to losing heart again with our application. This Friday will be a month "In Process" and also no sign of the GCMS notes which we ordered 31 days ago now. So still none the wiser as to when the background checks started or when they're going to be done.

Going to fire off an e-mail to them tomorrow if the notes have still not arrived.
Keep faith AJ, hopefully just another few weeks at the most for DM/COPR!

aj~

Star Member
Oct 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2013
AOR Received.
21/08/2013
File Transfer...
30/08/2013
Med's Done....
19/04/2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17/04/2014
LANDED..........
07/05/2014
apt2208 said:
My understanding is there is no minimum income requirement for spousal sponsorship. You do need to provide all documents in the checklist. Perhaps someone else can comment on this part as this wasn't a problem for us so we didn't have any issues with providing this proof.
That's my understanding too, we did not have to provide any proof of income. Although we did state in the application our plans for settling and how we would be supporting ourselves.

aj~

Star Member
Oct 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2013
AOR Received.
21/08/2013
File Transfer...
30/08/2013
Med's Done....
19/04/2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17/04/2014
LANDED..........
07/05/2014
apt2208 said:
Keep faith AJ, hopefully just another few weeks at the most for DM/COPR!
Thanks apt, got everything crossed. It's just a little deflating with each week that passes, although I should really look at is as one week closer to it being finished!

ACCanada

Apr 5, 2014
apt2208 said:
We do need to provide all the documents? So we would just simply attach our incomes for the past year but we wouldn't be subject to the requirements is my understanding?

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
aj~ said:
Thanks apt, got everything crossed. It's just a little deflating with each week that passes, although I should really look at is as one week closer to it being finished!
I know how you are feeling. I had been feeling the same until today when I saw my status changed to 'in process'. Finger crossed for you!