+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

sugalk

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Yes, I think so.
my medical going to end september.
I hope I can get something before that.
godisFin said:
This is just awful!!!! :(
Maybe this is why they gave so many DM's this week. They knew what was coming!!!!

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/07/26/pol-foreign-service-workers-arbitration.html

Made it to the front of CBC, maybe this will help get the word out and get this resolved once and for all.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Eowyn said:
*hugs* I'm so sorry scottishmaple. This is absolute crap.
Thanks Eowyn. Times like these I could use a hug, especially from my hubby.

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
Eowyn said:
I don't think we are that lucky. DM means nothing unless we are holding a COPR :( I think we are all in trouble
This is a hunch, but it's quite possible that the person/persons responsible for sending out the COPR's will not be a senior member of staff or a PAFSO member. Also, manager's at the London HC are not striking so will be doing some of the work too.

Therefore those who got DM's this week might have squeezed through. I guess we'll find out soon enough if the COPR's arrive. Keep us, ahem, posted...!

I feel for us all. This really sucks.

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
scottishmaple said:
Thanks Eowyn. Times like these I could use a hug, especially from my hubby.
Just keep your eyes on the 8th of August. It's not long now.

markstimson said:
This is a hunch, but it's quite possible that the person/persons responsible for sending out the COPR's will not be a senior member of staff or a PAFSO member. Also, manager's at the London HC are not striking so will be doing some of the work too.

Therefore those who got DM's this week might have squeezed through. I guess we'll find out soon enough if the COPR's arrive. Keep us, ahem, posted...!

I feel for us all. This really sucks.
I do hope you are right. Thanks for the positive encouragement. It gives me hope.

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
scottishmaple said:
ohhh you have done your dates in Canadian... ;D I will change it on the spreadsheet

and the obvious that we haven't even reached August 7th yet....lol
Yeah sorry bud, haha! I've been living in Canada for almost 3 years now and, in the end, I developed an "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" attitude. Haha.

I've changed my dates to the British way now, to avoid confusion, thanks :)

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
ghunter said:
Sometimes I am so thankful for the support on this forum, I feel like when I talk to other people about this they have no idea!!
Completely agree! No one knows what we are going through, unless you're involved in this process.

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
I *think* - and please don't hold me to this, because I don't know for sure - but I think they may mail the COPR's on the same day ECAS changes to Decision Made. I guess we'll find out soon.

I was so excited for everyone who got their DM's this week. Coming off of those this is just like a slap in the face, or a kick in the groin. My heart genuinely goes out to all the families affected. I don't want to turn this supportive thread into a political argument, like some of the other threads on here, but I'm not especially sympathetic to PAFSO. I am sympathetic to those couples I know on here who are in genuinely difficult financial straits on account of the immigration process.

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
There are still people working in London so it's not a complete shut down. It'll just slow things down a bit more.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Eabie said:
I *think* - and please don't hold me to this, because I don't know for sure - but I think they may mail the COPR's on the same day ECAS changes to Decision Made. I guess we'll find out soon.
that was true for me, and a few others for sure. My COPR was issued 5th November but my ecas turned DM on the day they mailed the COPR - 8th November, so hopefully it's still the case and the DM of this week won't be affected.

Feeling really sorry for those waiting to hear back
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
philipsweden said:
So I got slightly good news yesterday from London with this email:

Dear Mr Hafstad,

Please be advised that we are now ready to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence, as you may be aware the validity of your COPR is determined by your medical validity. Your medical is due to expire on August 31st 2013, please advise us if you would be able to land in Canada before this date? If you are unable to, you will be required to complete a repeat chest x-ray (see attached letter) so that we are able to extend your medical for a further year.

Please advise us how you wish to proceed?

Currently I am in Canada with my fiancee but going back to Sweden for a month on August 6th. If I manage to get the COPR before August 6th I do not need to extend my medical since I can land before August 31st. However I do not think I will manage to get my COPR before August 6th based on other people's experience.
No idea why they ask me to do another chest x-ray as I know others have had their medical extended without going back to a PP, and why only the x-ray?? The medical is more than that!!
To the email above they attached a letter that I should bring to my PP, they ask to go to the PP where I did my original medical at but if I could not go to this PP I could choose any PP in my area, does this mean I can go to a PP here in Canada and do the chest x-ray?
I did my original medical in China last year where I was living at that time and the letter attached to the email above was from the Medical Unit at the Canadian Embassy in Beijing however I am using London as my visa office. Does this mean that the PP should send my chest x-ray results to the Canadian Embassy in Beijing or London?

I will try to change my plane ticket so I can get back before August 31st but I know it will cost a small fortune. If I cannot change my plane ticket I will have to do the chest x-ray.

If the COPR arrives with the mail here do I need to sign for it or can anyone in the house do it?

Thanks a lot for your help on this!
sometimes they will ask for a partial re-med, which seems to be your case. it might have to do with the amount of traveling you have done (if you've been to countries where TB is predominant, then they will ask for an X-ray before extending the meds, to be sure that everything is OK as TB can stay latent for a while), so it's probably linked to the fact that you lived in China recently. The rest of your medicals is probably fine and they don't need to do it again, but they will ask for a chest X-ray if you've been living out of the "western world", just to rule out any possible contagious disease.

6th August seems really short, especially with the strike etc. - but you can tell London about it, maybe they can figure out something. Maybe offer to send a pre-paid DHL or something like this - it will cost you less than re-meds or changing your plane ticket.
You can go to any PP as long as it's on CIC list, it doesn't matter. So yes - you can do it in Canada, and the results should go to London as they have your file.

For the COPR: I didn't have to sign for mine, it went to my in-laws, but I think people had different experience with that...I think that as long as there is somebody living at the same address to sign for it, it should be fine.

By the way : Grattis!! you're almost done.
Good luck,
Sweden (eller Sverige!)

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
sugalk said:
how u know!
Not every worker in immigration is a PAFSO member.

sugalk

Star Member
May 17, 2012
hi friends
I got passport with visa today morning.
thanks everyone for good suggestation, advice, and feedback in this forum.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
sugalk said:
hi friends
I got passport with visa today morning.
thanks everyone for good suggestation, advice, and feedback in this forum.
Congratulations!