+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Sweden said:
Ok - I went through the thread to check for information posted here since 7th of November, and added the following information / users:
blueboom
srehal
louisen
s2gordon DM 07/11

Could not see anybody else posting in the thread...
So now it should be up to date, and hopefully will not be messed up again! :)

However, I have not updated the information on common-law/married etc, I created the column and whoever wants to put the information for themselves can do it.

Sweden

awwwwwwwww you are the sweetest! :)
You put so much effort into it, that was really nice of you.

If you don't mind could you please add me onto the spreadsheet?
I have not tried adding myself yet cause I am not too good with excel and I just feel I might mess it up for others.
but if you can add me that would be really appreciated :)

My timeline:
Application filed: May 23, 2012
Sponsor approval: July 17, 2012
and I am non visa exempt

Thanks a bunch! :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
chopsticks said:
awwwwwwwww you are the sweetest! :)
You put so much effort into it, that was really nice of you.

If you don't mind could you please add me onto the spreadsheet?
I have not tried adding myself yet cause I am not too good with excel and I just feel I might mess it up for others.
but if you can add me that would be really appreciated :)

My timeline:
Application filed: May 23, 2012
Sponsor approval: July 17, 2012
and I am non visa exempt

Thanks a bunch! :)
Sure no problem - you're in now (row 51). Once it's created, it's rather easy to add information, so feel free to add things in once you go in process, decision made etc - the link is in my signature, as well as a few others in the thread.
Good luck ) i hope you hear from London soon!
Sweden

Forester2000

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5th 2012
AOR Received.
July 24th 2012
File Transfer...
July 24th 2012
Med's Done....
May 12th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 8th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 17th 2013
Thanks for sorting that out...do we have recent backups incase someone vandalises the ss? Might be an idea. Thanks again Sweden.

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
Forester2000 said:
Thanks for sorting that out...do we have recent backups incase someone vandalises the ss? Might be an idea. Thanks again Sweden.
I download an excel version of it once a day.

I probably will stop after I get my residency though, soooo busy with the new baby and everything!

Feels like I'm waiting forever for this residency to come through :(

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Has nobody had any news/changes on Ecas today? If not, that's quite depressing. I noticed also the average days from sponsorship to decision made is creeping up to :(

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Forester2000 said:
Well - if you are opening it with google-drive, there is an option to restore previous versions - which is what I did... I went back a few days to make sure that the spreadsheet was clean, and restored it. You can see it under File/See revision history ( just for future reference!).

Good luck all,
Sweden

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
scottishmaple said:
Has nobody had any news/changes on Ecas today? If not, that's quite depressing. I noticed also the average days from sponsorship to decision made is creeping up to :(
Tuesday seems to be the big day, I know things happen other days but Tuesday is the biggie. Yeah that average day is creeping up quite a bit and still loads of people who are well in excess of those stated times (126 for me and there are those waiting 3 or 4 weeks longer than me). I just hope there is a huge movement this week, these times are becoming ridiculous. It is starting to look like London is really struggling to get June and July completed.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
R151NG5UN said:
Tuesday seems to be the big day, I know things happen other days but Tuesday is the biggie. Yeah that average day is creeping up quite a bit and still loads of people who are well in excess of those stated times (126 for me and there are those waiting 3 or 4 weeks longer than me). I just hope there is a huge movement this week, these times are becoming ridiculous. It is starting to look like London is really struggling to get June and July completed.
Totally agree, my sponsorship was really quick and I think this gave me a false sense of hope, cause even though London did state 8 months (due to be updated this month) I was hoping to be done around Jan/Feb...but from other people's timelines (including yours) it doesn't look promising. The time scale of the application is not what is bothering me, it is the not being able to plan anything. Even Christmas is stressful....I felt really guilty trying to nudge my daughter to think about asking santa for gifts that she can take with her in a suitcase, because to fork out money on toys that will cost more to ship is not worth it, also we can't buy any electricals for her this Christmas....I'm just so frustrated. I am a planner and a do'er and I can't do either.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
scottishmaple said:
Totally agree, my sponsorship was really quick and I think this gave me a false sense of hope, cause even though London did state 8 months (due to be updated this month) I was hoping to be done around Jan/Feb...but from other people's timelines (including yours) it doesn't look promising. The time scale of the application is not what is bothering me, it is the not being able to plan anything. Even Christmas is stressful....I felt really guilty trying to nudge my daughter to think about asking santa for gifts that she can take with her in a suitcase, because to fork out money on toys that will cost more to ship is not worth it, also we can't buy any electricals for her this Christmas....I'm just so frustrated. I am a planner and a do'er and I can't do either.
I can see what has happened the HUGE delays experienced in March, April, May have caused so many applications to be approved at the same time and now these months are being processed the delays are starting at the VO's. I thought for sure 100% that I would be done by end of October and move by end of November. Now if I am extremely lucky I might get COPR by end of November. It certainly does not look promising for anybody waiting but I think once May applicants have been finalised hopefully the VO's will get much quicker just like Mississauga did once May was finished with. London is due to update it's processing time this month (but it is usually 1 month delayed until it is printed for view). Expect them to increase as well :'(

Not planning is the worst and especially when you are separated from your spouse and both of you are in other countries. I can't wait any longer for the COPR, I am starting to finalise everything without it, which is daunting but I cant afford to hang around another 4 weeks after getting my COPR, this process has been a total nightmare and. So frustrated.

I hear you about nudging your daughter to getting non electrical gifts she can carry in a suitcase lol. I have so much stuff to ship but without this COPR it is a real issue in-fact now I have set my mind to finalising everything, this is probably my biggest issue.

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Sweden said:
Sure no problem - you're in now (row 51). Once it's created, it's rather easy to add information, so feel free to add things in once you go in process, decision made etc - the link is in my signature, as well as a few others in the thread.
Good luck ) i hope you hear from London soon!
Sweden
Thank you so much! :)
Yeah I can update it now, I was just unsure how to create it.

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Hello everyone,
Today my husband received an email from CIC (Monday November 12)

They asked him to do 2 things:

1) Provide original police certificates from all the countries he has lived in

2)Right of Permanent Residence Fee

Please advise your sponsor to pay this fee in Canada ($490 Cdn). This payment cannot be accepted in the UK. It must be paid in Canada in accordance with the instructions in the sponsorship kit. The receipt should be sent to CPC-Mississauga.

We can provide the police certificates no problem, the issue is with the fee. Before I sent my application I paid $550 and I have the receipt with me. Was there another fee I was supposed to pay? I am not sure what I am missing here.
Please if anyone has any experience with this help me out, will really appreciate it :)

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
chopsticks said:
Hello everyone,
Today my husband received an email from CIC (Monday November 12)

They asked him to do 2 things:

1) Provide original police certificates from all the countries he has lived in

2)Right of Permanent Residence Fee

Please advise your sponsor to pay this fee in Canada ($490 Cdn). This payment cannot be accepted in the UK. It must be paid in Canada in accordance with the instructions in the sponsorship kit. The receipt should be sent to CPC-Mississauga.

We can provide the police certificates no problem, the issue is with the fee. Before I sent my application I paid $550 and I have the receipt with me. Was there another fee I was supposed to pay? I am not sure what I am missing here.
Please if anyone has any experience with this help me out, will really appreciate it :)
The total payable should be $1040, so yes the additional $490 is required

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Hey Chopsticks,

The fees are broken down like this:

1- Sponsorship application (per application)$75

2- Principal applicant$475

3- For the acquisition of permanent resident status$490

Hope that helps.

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Thank you so much Canooknic and R151NG5UN for clearing the problem with me :)
I know where I went wrong now
I will get that done ASAP!

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Hi,
since the London office asked my husband to provide original police reports from all the countries he has lived in does that mean he has to get updated/ current ones now? Or can he send the ones we had from before, but this time send originals rather than photocopies.
I am asking this because he will have to get them from Pakistan, Finland, and Belgium.
It is difficult to get police reports from a country you are not currently living in.
So is there some sort of a expire date on the police reports?