+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
Daisies said:
You sent it to the FBI in West Virginia? Yes, I sent some application form including my fingerprints. Man, you just gave me so much hope!! I love you, or at least almost :D :D THANKS
Yes, West Virginia... it was back in April but hopefully the timings haven't increased too much. I think the 16-18 weeks time quoted on their website is worst case scenario... If you're worried though, it won't do much harm to give them a call ((304) 625-5590) in a few weeks to check the progress - explain your situation etc... might help :)

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
MDSB said:
Yes, West Virginia... it was back in April but hopefully the timings haven't increased too much. I think the 16-18 weeks time quoted on their website is worst case scenario... If you're worried though, it won't do much harm to give them a call ((304) 625-5590) in a few weeks to check the progress - explain your situation etc... might help :)
Thanks! I was looking for a phone number but couldn't find one! I am willing to fly there immediately if that would make the process any quicker. Will call them today. Thanks bunches.

Just called them and they said it now takes at least 9 weeks. :(

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
*mittens mopseys on in to the thread*
....takes a peep around...
does her attention seeking sulky face....
*sighs dramatically*

yes yes
i'm still waiting...

sad shuffle
exit stage left

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Daisies said:
Thanks! I was looking for a phone number but couldn't find one! I am willing to fly there immediately if that would make the process any quicker. Will call them today. Thanks bunches.

Just called them and they said it now takes at least 9 weeks. :(
Hey Daisies, that really sucks, I'm sorry to hear about the delays in your case. At least you have already taken steps. Fingers crossed things get resolved quickly!

As for going to Canada as a tourist, that will be absolutely fine. As alasken said, make sure you have a return ticket and you'll be ok. I waited out the entire process in canada. We applied in Dec, I then went back to England for Christmas and returned to canada in January without any problems. I didn't even mention my PR application - they didnt ask! They never asked to show my return ticket either, or ties to England, they just asked the purpose of my visit and how long I was staying. You'll get 6 months as a tourist most likely, and from what I've heard, its pretty easy to extend your stay. But I don't think it'll come to that.

My advice when going through immigration is don't offer up any information. Answer only the question asked. It worked for me. I came and went for almost 4 years without much trouble at all.

And please don't cry :(

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
TGR said:
I have to agree with everyone- Thanks Pinklady for all the helpful advice over the past few months!
Thank you :)

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
pinklady said:
My advice when going through immigration is don't offer up any information. Answer only the question asked. It worked for me. I came and went for almost 4 years without much trouble at all.

And please don't cry :(
Thanks! I have cried a bit and it made me feel better. Good way to release some stress! I am sure I will cry again though. :S

Your advice above is one piece of advice everyone should take to heart! This FBI woulda never happened had I not, being that I am stupid, mentioned my long trip to the US. If I had just kept my mouth shut the darn doc wouldn't have written it down. He wronged me though--and admitted to it--but he had already glued my photos to the forms so he couldn't start over, and I didn't have any extra photos with me, and didn't feel like sitting another THREE AND A HALF hours in his ugly waiting room! Yup, I had to wait that long, because in his mind it was more important to let the other patients go first, as they could have a reason to come again..whereas I only needed him to sign that medical thing. I can't begin to express how angry I am with him, and if my medicals run out and we have to start over, I will NOT go to the same doc. Ever.

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
mittens said:
*sighs dramatically*

yes yes
i'm still waiting...

sad shuffle
exit stage left
Send them a snail mail asking what's going on...you're more than a month ahead of me but haven't heard anything, and I have..bad news, but at least I heard from them.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Daisies said:
I can't begin to express how angry I am with him, and if my medicals run out and we have to start over, I will NOT go to the same doc. Ever.
Yeah that is bad luck. BUT.... I don't think you'll have to do your medicals. I definately think it'll all be over by June, even with this delay.
And at least you and your husband are together and will both be together in Canada too. Try not to stress it, easier said than done I know.

Just on a side note, should you come to canada and get the PPR, you can send your passport to London from Canada.

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
pinklady said:
Yeah that is bad luck. BUT.... I don't think you'll have to do your medicals. I definately think it'll all be over by June, even with this delay.
And at least you and your husband are together and will both be together in Canada too. Try not to stress it, easier said than done I know.

Just on a side note, should you come to canada and get the PPR, you can send your passport to London from Canada.
Yes you are right, at least we are together. He is just worried that maybe he will have to be away from our baby in case for some reason I cannot go as a tourist.

Is it safe to send passports in the mail over seas like that?? :eek: And: wouldnt London wonder what the heck I am doing in Canada, when applying outland???

Maid_Marian

Star Member
May 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
Daisies said:
Yes you are right, at least we are together. He is just worried that maybe he will have to be away from our baby in case for some reason I cannot go as a tourist.

Is it safe to send passports in the mail over seas like that?? :eek: And: wouldnt London wonder what the heck I am doing in Canada, when applying outland???
Hey Daisies,

First off - cry all you like, girly! I'm only three months in and I've already bawled several times - it's a great stress release and sometimes it's important to give yourself a few moments to feel angry and sad about the situation you're in - you can't put a happy face on all the time, it's just not healthy.

I hear what you're saying about Outland applications but many people (inc myself) stay in Canada as a visitor while applying Outland, and immigration knows it! Applying Outland doesn't mean you have to physically be out of the country, rather it means that, when in Canada, you have to independently maintain your (usually visitor) status here. Extending your visitor status is easy: online application should be filled in about a month before your current visitor term expires. But, as Pinklady says, I'm confident that it won't come to that! ;) And, no, London apparently don't care where they send your passport to!

Huge hugs beautiful lady!! x

Maid_Marian

Star Member
May 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
alasken said:
I don't know as the only ecas update I got was 'medicals received'. I did not get an aor and my status never changed to 'in process' so I really don't know when they started working on it.

My case is very straightforward, but I put the application together myself so I was worried I had done a mistake. Also, some of my police certificates were outdated as per their requirements and my traffic history printout was from last year so I was really scared they would request new documents but it all worked out no problem :)

Thanks to everyone saying congrats!
Alasken, CONGRATULATIONS!! Very pleased for you!

Also, can I personally say THANK YOU for this post - I'm having no updates in ecas and was getting paranoid about it. Hearing that you got no AOR either really reassures me. Very glad that I'm not the only one whose ecas is not changing! Good luck for your landing! ;D

chrischris

Star Member
Mar 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
21-06-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
Don't worry Mittens, you are not alone! I think I'm going to send them an email to chase. I know they say progress requests may result in delay, but I seem already to be delayed so I don't feel like I've got much to lose in doing so.

Has anyone else sent a chase-up email and received either a response or evidence of it having delayed things? Does anyone know what the contact email address is in fact?

mittens said:
*sighs dramatically*

yes yes
i'm still waiting...

sad shuffle
exit stage left

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Maid_Marian said:
Hey Daisies,

First off - cry all you like, girly! I'm only three months in and I've already bawled several times - it's a great stress release and sometimes it's important to give yourself a few moments to feel angry and sad about the situation you're in - you can't put a happy face on all the time, it's just not healthy.

I hear what you're saying about Outland applications but many people (inc myself) stay in Canada as a visitor while applying Outland, and immigration knows it! Applying Outland doesn't mean you have to physically be out of the country, rather it means that, when in Canada, you have to independently maintain your (usually visitor) status here. Extending your visitor status is easy: online application should be filled in about a month before your current visitor term expires. But, as Pinklady says, I'm confident that it won't come to that! ;) And, no, London apparently don't care where they send your passport to!

Huge hugs beautiful lady!! x
Thanks and hugs back at ya! You people on here make me feel much better. In fact, I prefer writing on here than talking to my friends and family, as they do not understand and only come with "stupid" comments like "call the embassy"..UMM...yes very easy to call London, eh!
BTW: How do you apply for a tourist visa, and, do they not see that your passport number is already involved in another process? How long is a tourist visa valid? I believe as a Swedish citizen I can visit Canada for 90 days without a visa too... ?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Daisies said:
Thanks and hugs back at ya! You people on here make me feel much better. In fact, I prefer writing on here than talking to my friends and family, as they do not understand and only come with "stupid" comments like "call the embassy"..UMM...yes very easy to call London, eh!
BTW: How do you apply for a tourist visa, and, do they not see that your passport number is already involved in another process? How long is a tourist visa valid? I believe as a Swedish citizen I can visit Canada for 90 days without a visa too... ?
You don't apply for a tourist visa. You are visa exempt and so can visit canada for upto 6 months (usually - its upto the immigration officer) Then 1 month before the 6 months is up, you can apply, online or by mail to extend your stay as a visitor. Until you get a response, you are on implied status.
As Maid Marion said, outland/inland is just the visa office, not your physical position.
Once you go to Canada, update your address so a PPR letter would come here. And I sent my passport to London from cananda and had it sent back here no problem, and I didnt even update my address. Just used my parents address.
Things will work out for you, its just gonna take a little longer than expected :)

ShaunT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2011
MDSB said:
Think you are getting mixed up with the Appendix C for the medical.

The option c printout is the last notice of assessment for the most recent taxation year in Canada- the sponsor needs to provide this if available. If they don't have one then they need to explain why on a separate piece of paper. We didn't have one but provided the UK equivalent instead and wrote a paragraph or two explaining why. Our reason for not having one was because my partner (sponsor) had not worked in Canada for 6 years and therefore was not filing Taxes there. Was provided a P60 (end of year certificate) instead and some payslips.
Yes I should have read the thread properly. Infact I should have been sleeping :-\