+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Hurlabrick said:
I'll hold off updating the spreadsheet until you get to the bottom of it then!
I've gone ahead and updated the line... usually if one changes it's beacuse there's reason to change it, it's always been the case that not necessarily everything updates at the same time. So if ECAS is showing DM, I'd put that date in the spreadsheet, which I've done. :) DO keep us updated as to when MyCIC changes and when you get COPR through! :)

JayneC

Dec 13, 2015
Thanks Snookololy.

I'm a bit worried about receiving the COPR as I changed my address and surname a few months ago, but despite sending 2 CSEs and an email, ecas still shows my old details. I think I'll send another email now marked urgent.

I'll keep you all updated on progress.

andrews65

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
11-10-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 28-07-2016
LANDED..........
14-02-2017
Is it too early to be added to the spreadsheet?
Mailed sponsor and immigrant applications to CPC Missassauga today. My Canadian wife is my sponsor and I'm a brit, we both live in the UK but my wife will start work in Canada in January.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
andrews65 said:
Is it too early to be added to the spreadsheet?
Mailed sponsor and immigrant applications to CPC Missassauga today. My Canadian wife is my sponsor and I'm a brit, we both live in the UK but my wife will start work in Canada in January.
Of course it's not too early! Added! :) Keep us updated!

andrews65

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
11-10-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 28-07-2016
LANDED..........
14-02-2017
Thanks! I have a question...
I've lived in the US so need an FBI police report. I applied for this in July but didn't want to delay my PR application so I included proof in the PR application that I'd completed and mailed the FBI application. Ironically, the FBI report has now arrived, nine hours after I mailed the PR application to CPCM.
So, should I send it to CPCM without first hearing from them?

Ch1982

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
Doc's Request.
none so far
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
File Transfer...
13-09-2016
Med's Done....
04-04-2016
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
copy requested 20-01-17
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
hopefully soon!
Hi folks, just logged in to check progress of my application. not sure if anything needs updating on the spread sheet. Below is the information i have about my permanent residency application.

We received xxxxx's application for permanent residence on August 5, 2016.
We started processing xxxxx's application on September 13, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

not sure if the fact that it says they started processing the application on september 13, 2016 means anything? can anyone shed any light?

Thanks

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Ch1982 said:
Hi folks, just logged in to check progress of my application. not sure if anything needs updating on the spread sheet. Below is the information i have about my permanent residency application.

not sure if the fact that it says they started processing the application on september 13, 2016 means anything? can anyone shed any light?

Thanks
Basically the equivalent of aor2. Best to use the mycic thing now as your ecas is unlikely to do anything interesting now until dm.

Ch1982

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
Doc's Request.
none so far
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
File Transfer...
13-09-2016
Med's Done....
04-04-2016
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
copy requested 20-01-17
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
hopefully soon!
Gary_87 said:
Basically the equivalent of aor2. Best to use the mycic thing now as your ecas is unlikely to do anything interesting now until dm.
Ok, thanks for the help. I can't get my application to link to mycic, i've searched on here on how to do it and tried all the various methods. I wondere if its because I've got a representative for my case?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Ch1982 said:

Thanks
Spreadsheet updated with new 'in process' date.

JayneC

Dec 13, 2015
Morning all!

I'm delighted to report that my ecas 'decision made' status was correct. :D ;D 8)

Mycic has now updated to show the background check is complete, and the final decision says 'this application has been approved'.

I've also received a reply to the urgent email I sent. It tells me that they had prepared my COPR in my maiden name, but are now going to do a new one in my married name and send it to my new address. I had already given them my new details in 2 CSEs and an email, but those had been missed, and it took an email marked urgent for it to be noticed!

Thank you very much everyone for your support during this process. Good luck to everyone who is waiting.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
JayneC said:
Morning all!

I'm delighted to report that my ecas 'decision made' status was correct. :D ;D 8)

Mycic has now updated to show the background check is complete, and the final decision says 'this application has been approved'.

I've also received a reply to the urgent email I sent. It tells me that they had prepared my COPR in my maiden name, but are now going to do a new one in my married name and send it to my new address. I had already given them my new details in 2 CSEs and an email, but those had been missed, and it took an email marked urgent for it to be noticed!

Thank you very much everyone for your support during this process. Good luck to everyone who is waiting.
Ahhh fantastic result, and even better that they sorted out the name/address thing as well!

Very pleased that you got your final answer! Let us know when COPR arrives. :)

Congratulations! Go have a drink or two or ten!

Charno

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/02/2016
Doc's Request.
27/09/2016
AOR Received.
15/03/2016
File Transfer...
SA: 31/03/2016 AOR2: 08/04/2016
Med's Done....
14/01/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 24/10/2016
JayneC said:
Morning all!

Congratulations! So happy for you! ;)

Charno

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/02/2016
Doc's Request.
27/09/2016
AOR Received.
15/03/2016
File Transfer...
SA: 31/03/2016 AOR2: 08/04/2016
Med's Done....
14/01/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 24/10/2016
I just had a look at MyCIC and there was a new message asking for document request. The context: I (the sponsor) am a Canadian citizen living in the UK with my (sponsored) partner. The letter is basically asking for any proof that shows my intention to move to Canada once he gets his PR. All our correspondence is in French (we're both French) but they're basically asking for:

- Proof that sponsor "lives in Canada" (checks, bank history, etc). If the sponsor intends to move to Canada, please provide detailed proof of his plan to return to Canada. I obviously don't live in Canada and as for the proof of my intent, I don't have anything "concrete" to provide. I mean, we started to sell our stuff and get ready to move, we've done a lot of research, we know where we would like to live, which bank we want, etc., but that's pretty much it, we didn't want to book anything without knowing when my boyfriend would get his PR. As for my job, I am a translator and work from home for various employers so no proof there either. Do you think a detailed account of my research would be enough? Emails/messages with friends where I talk about our intent to move to Canada? Screenshots? I noticed this has happened to many people on the spreadsheet, so I thought I would check!

- Passport photos I guess he'll have to send new ones, but they don't say how many?

Last question: the documents should be sent within 30 days and they say it should be sent to the following embassy address:

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Section des services d’immigration et des services médicaux
High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada
Canada House | La Maison du Canada
Trafalgar Square
London, UK SW1Y 5BJ

Is that correct? Should we also send an email/specific enquiry or no need?

Thank you in advance for your help! I'm both excited and nervous at that point!

PS: You can therefore update the spreadsheet to doc request (27/09), thank you! ;)

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Charno said:
- Proof that sponsor "lives in Canada" (checks, bank history, etc). If the sponsor intends to move to Canada, please provide detailed proof of his plan to return to Canada. I obviously don't live in Canada and as for the proof of my intent, I don't have anything "concrete" to provide. I mean, we started to sell our stuff and get ready to move, we've done a lot of research, we know where we would like to live, which bank we want, etc., but that's pretty much it, we didn't want to book anything without knowing when my boyfriend would get his PR. As for my job, I am a translator and work from home for various employers so no proof there either. Do you think a detailed account of my research would be enough? Emails/messages with friends where I talk about our intent to move to Canada? Screenshots? I noticed this has happened to many people on the spreadsheet, so I thought I would check!
Spreadsheet suitably updated. I can only say what 'proof' of my intent to return I provided, bearing in mind that I am behind you in the queue and there is no guarantee they will like what 'proof' I have supplied, but here is my list (I of course sent copies of each item):

1. Letters from my sister who lives in NY and my best friend who lives in Ottawa saying how long I have told them I intended to return to Canada and other personal stuff
2. Annual review from my UK financial adviser stating my intention to return to Canada in summer 2017 and how he was planning my asstes for this end date
3. Email exchanges with my Canadian financial adviser confirming that I had already entered into preliminary talks with him
4. Screen shot of my FOREX account with a couple of transfers to my Canadian bank account showing
5. Flight tickets and photos from our Canada recce trip saying where we have now decided to settle in Canada
6. List of all of my other historic trips to Canada
7. Screen shot of my profile on British Expats forum saying how I was using that for guidance
8. Copies of letters proving that I have opened a Canadian bank account and have a small amount of money already in it
9. Copy of my Canadian SIN number letter that I set myself up for on my recce trip
10. Copies of a relocation moving quote

Hopefully this will be enough - dunno what else I could do!