+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
mec14 said:
Hello all - I'm very happy to report DECISION MADE this morning. Finally! A week shy of 15 months it's been a long wait.

Here's hoping for a speedy COPR delivery so I don't go crazy waiting for that.

It looks like my medical was extended automatically. I had no correspondence from London the whole way through (aside from responses to my enquiries).
WOW!!!!! Oh my goodness, I am so genuinely happy for you mec14, that is the best news. Many many congratulations.

I got my email notification that you had posted and I always hope when I see that, you would be posting about Decision made.

Enjoy the feeling and I hope the COPR appears in the mail super quick.

PT x

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
mec14 said:
Hello all - I'm very happy to report DECISION MADE this morning. Finally! A week shy of 15 months it's been a long wait.

It looks like my medical was extended automatically. I had no correspondence from London the whole way through (aside from responses to my enquiries).

Congrats!

Sibby

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
IMM 5406 27 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
25 Sept 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM - 31 October 2015 - COPR arrived 16 December 2015
LANDED..........
18 December 2015!!!
mec14 said:

Truly pleased for you Mec. Brillant news. Keeping fingers crossed for you Taffy7 and Andrew Brit.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
My turn right after Taffy and Andrew!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Mec made us all smile today. knowing that they have actually looked at a file has brighten our day :D :D :D
Yesterday i wanted to give up, today i have my hopes re installed . I did speak to hubbie today though about coming to stay here and wait ..He was right , it doesn't make sense to give up our car, job and our home there until we know. :(

ErinH

Jun 13, 2015
taffy7 said:
Mec made us all smile today. knowing that they have actually looked at a file has brighten our day :D :D :D
Yesterday i wanted to give up, today i have my hopes re installed . I did speak to hubbie today though about coming to stay here and wait ..He was right , it doesn't make sense to give up our car, job and our home there until we know. :(
I totally agree Taffy7. I have read a number of your posts and while we have not waited nearly as long as you, my hubby too is the practical one! I have my fingers crossed you will hear soon, and it is nice to hear that at least some applications are in fact being looked at!

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
So we contacted our MP last week and we just received a reply. Complete and utter waste of time. Basically stated that our file has had a preliminary review (our app is nearly a year old) and they quoted the usual 28 months timescale. So it's basically what I said when they changed the processing times to 28 months, London is just using that as a fallback for taking forever to process apps. So annoyed right now, we are being penalised because of the Islamabad backlog and have no recourse now at all. Before the timescale was changed from 11 to 28 months they might have actually done something after a year when your MP contacted them, now Its just bla, bla 28 months.

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
Scotmoose said:
So we contacted our MP last week and we just received a reply. Complete and utter waste of time. Basically stated that our file has had a preliminary review (our app is nearly a year old) and they quoted the usual 28 months timescale. So it's basically what I said when they changed the processing times to 28 months, London is just using that as a fallback for taking forever to process apps. So annoyed right now, we are being penalised because of the Islamabad backlog and have no recourse now at all. Before the timescale was changed from 11 to 28 months they might have actually done something after a year when your MP contacted them, now Its just bla, bla 28 months.
I don't even know what to say to this. Its absolutely awful. You and the others waiting longer than you ought to be (Taffy comes to mind). The system doesn't make any sense at all.

Are most applications being filtered through London now, with less going to Mississauga and Ottawa? I'd he half tempted to pull and resubmit hoping to get one of the other VO. (clearly not the most sound idea, and I am not at all serious) but I could see myself thinking that way out of desperation.

:(

Sorry scottmoose, I really hope it pulls through soon for yourself and your family.

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 16-06-2015, COPR arrived 25-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Scotmoose said:
Do you know if that update was from Ottawa or London?

At the time of my MP request I received two updates... the first was from the Ottawa CIC office and basically just a rehashing of what I'd already seen in my notes. However my MPs office then followed up with a separate query direct to London and I received a better response.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
kettle said:
I don't even know what to say to this. Its absolutely awful. You and the others waiting longer than you ought to be (Taffy comes to mind). The system doesn't make any sense at all.

Are most applications being filtered through London now, with less going to Mississauga and Ottawa? I'd he half tempted to pull and resubmit hoping to get one of the other VO. (clearly not the most sound idea, and I am not at all serious) but I could see myself thinking that way out of desperation.

:(

Sorry scottmoose, I really hope it pulls through soon for yourself and your family.

Oh i have thought of all different ways to get my husband here. Looked at skilled worker and even thought of going Inland . Then thought of getting a job for him through a company.

Brit-in-Alberta

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2014
So I've been reading the comments of those who are venting about being close to a year and over. I'm submitting our outland app this week (was supposed to be a few weeks ago but got delayed again) and I'm really thinking of applying inland instead. I would love to not have to wait 2+ years to have pr but My visa runs out in July and the thought of being on a visitor visa for possibly more than a year is scary.

We had planned on me be being out of work for 12 months as the worse case scenario but now I fear it could possibly be even longer... that's quite the strain on a relationship.

Seniors- I would like your honest option with everything how it is right now. Inland or Outland? Do apps even seem to still be staying in Mississauga? I haven't heard of one for a few weeks. In theory they would be allowed to take as long as 28 months which scares me. If it's likely to be 15 months or so then I might as well go inland. I've seen a few people that are way over a year.

The point of going outland was to have it done in the usual 8-10 months. Outland was always a safe bet and now I'm not so sure that it us. If the process takes over a year then I will likely have to go back to the uk untill it's finished and the thought of that makes me feel Ill. A person can only really go so long without working before it really gets to you. If I go inland I could have a work visa in 6 months or less. However, In that time missisaga might suddenly start taking more apps or london might speed up. It's such a gamble.

Sorry for the long post. I'm really anxious about making this choicd. From the start the decision was outland was always the best option. So to now have to consider inland is really frustrating.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
I still honestly think outland is the best option . I feel we just got the bad end of the stick and really hope others will have a faster processing time.

The choice of my husband not being able to leave Canada would be a bigger burden on us. If any thing ever happened to his dad and he couldn't leave would be awful. It really could happen . Both my parents were alive when i started this process and within this year both have passed.

I haven't seen any going to Mississauga so i'm thinking they have cleared the back log in London. As for us venting its because we were under the impression that it would take 6-8 months which it was when we applied. If i had thought it would take 11 months from SA i would have been prepared a bit better emotionally .

You really have to be comfortable with your decision and i would still recommend Outland.We are not a young couple so i find making choices to give up our homes in the UK or Canada and our careers with out solid commitment from CIc we just can't do it.So we just have to wait.

I am very very thankful for the wonderful friends and the support i have received from this group ,i couldn't have gotten through this process without all of you . :-*

Brit-in-Alberta

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2014
Thank you for your anewer. I'm just panicking. Not being able to work is okay for a year... although it's going to be stressful but we having savings to do it. The thought of probably not having alberta health for that time too is a little worrying. When we decided to go outland the processing times were 8 months max.

The not being able to leave canada if we go inland is the only major thing bothering me. Is that 100% fact?

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 16-06-2015, COPR arrived 25-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Brit-in-Alberta said:
Thank you for your anewer. I'm just panicking. Not being able to work is okay for a year... although it's going to be stressful but we having savings to do it. The thought of probably not having alberta health for that time too is a little worrying. When we decided to go outland the processing times were 8 months max.

The not being able to leave canada if we go inland is the only major thing bothering me. Is that 100% fact?
It's not fact. You are allowed to leave Canada for short trips as long as you are still resident here. But it is a risk... If ever you are denied entry when coming back to Canada then your application will be cancelled. It may be a small risk with a British passport, but up to you whether you are comfortable with this. I wouldn't be because you never know. I have seen other posters doing with without issue.

My vote would still be with Outland, and hope that processing times improve once the backlog is cleared.

Brit-in-Alberta

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2014
Is anyone on the thread living in Alberta and manages to get put on their partners health card whilst on a visitor visa?