+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
Cassandra_1982 said:
Good Morning.

I was just after some advice, my husbands PR is currently sitting in Ottawa, will no end date in sight. Now i have not long given birth to my beautiful daughter and the wait times me and my husband can cope with, we knew this visa could take a year. But the one thing i can't cope with is my mother and sisters back in Canada missing my daughter growing up and breaks my heart when i call back home ever week and hear how sad she is.

So me and my husband have came up with a plan and just want to throw some things at forum, so you guys and gals can give me sound advice without me thinking with my heart and head.

I am a Canadian by birth and my daughter will have dual nationality, my mum has offered to put me and my husband up at her house while our application finishes up. My husband would come over on a 6 month open return ticket and become a full time carer for our daughter while i go out and work in Canada. We have a fair bit of savings so we know we can survive the 6months. Now in our heads 6 months should be more then enough time for Ottawa to come back with an answer.

so a few questions any help or advice would be great

1) If we change our address with Ottawa will that be ok? or because my husband is only on a visitor 6 month deal would it red flag our application?

2) If we get called for an interview! (very much doubt this he is a British electrician and we have been together 4 years and married for 2 and have a little girl) can we do that in Ottawa?

3) If i am correct in saying this, and he does get his visa he would have to leave Canada and re enter, can he do this on a USA side. saves him flying all the way back to England and then back to Canada

worse case is the visa will be declined and we all have to move back to england. But i just believe we will have a much better time waiting over in Canada with my family, setting up roots, sorting my health card etc all now so when he gets his visa we can just start living.

Last comment is has anyone else done or thought about the plan we are considering and any past experience would be great

Thanks Cassandra
Hi Cassandra,

As canuck_in_uk has advised you, and me about 6 months ago! :) It's totally ok and pretty normal to wait out your PR in Canada as a Visitor with your sponsor. My situation was very similar to yours, Canadian by birth by living in the UK and married to a Brit with a little girl born just before we applied. We too came to Canada while we continued to wait, and stayed with my family. We had no problem crossing the border or changing our address - you just change your address online with them.

And yes, highly unlikely you would be called to interview. We flag poled at the US border crossing once we received our COPR in the mail, and again no problems at all. Good luck!

canada_nz

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-5-2015
Hello
Its been a while since I have updated my situation in the spreadsheet as we've been in limbo.
We went to DM April 22nd and received the COPR mid May. Unfortunately the COPR was not extended past July 3 (when the medical expired). So giving us 2.5 months to move. While I had notified CIC many times that we needed to give our employers 3 months notice here in London they seem to have overlooked this or ignored it.

- In Process on ECAS April 20th so we gave notice the next day - putting us able to leave the UK July 21st roughly
- We then brought the date forward by using up the rest of our holidays and booked flights July 11th
- Then we finally received the COPR which expired July 3 which we cannot do. Our employers have us under contract to work still.

We have been going back and forth with both London and Ottawa office. Both say to contact the other office and we can only submit case sepcific emails to both. The agents on the Ottawa side are useless. So frustrating. We are only off by a week but need the COPR extended. London issued the COPR but Ottawa is our processing office so I suspect it takes an Ottawa case officer to extend the COPR then London just basically reprints it with new photos.

I had ordered my notes in April and can see my correspondence to CIC mentioning this employment situation many times (amongst other items regarding our file). Its annoying they missed it. The agent on the phone says not to worry about it! lol! It expires in a month basically.

Anyone been in this situation?

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 16-06-2015, COPR arrived 25-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
canada_nz said:
Hello
Its been a while since I have updated my situation in the spreadsheet as we've been in limbo.
We went to DM April 22nd and received the COPR mid May. Unfortunately the COPR was not extended past July 3 (when the medical expired). So giving us 2.5 months to move. While I had notified CIC many times that we needed to give our employers 3 months notice here in London they seem to have overlooked this or ignored it.

- In Process on ECAS April 20th so we gave notice the next day - putting us able to leave the UK July 21st roughly
- We then brought the date forward by using up the rest of our holidays and booked flights July 11th
- Then we finally received the COPR which expired July 3 which we cannot do. Our employers have us under contract to work still.
You may have more luck with your employer... Have you tried asking them to reduce the notice period? It's not uncommon, particularly with the longer notice periods, and one extra week out of 3 months would seem reasonable.

Moun7

Apr 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 22, 2014
AOR Received.
Jul 22, 2014
File Transfer...
Jul 22, 2014
Med's Done....
Mar 27, 2014
Passport Req..
Jun 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 03, 2015
:D :D :D :D :D :DDECISION MADE - DAMN YEAAAAAAAA!! GO LONDON GO!! 8) 8) 8) :p :p :p

I checked this morning, and a decision has been made on my Stage 2. It has been just little over one year and this entire process was quite bitter but I learned a lot from everyone on this forum. For those who are still waiting I assure you there is a sweet victory ahead. A big big thank you to everyone!

I wanted to figure out next steps. What is the process now? We had hired lawyer for our application in Toronto. Does this mean they will contact lawyer office directly now? OR reach out to me at my London home address?

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Moun7 said:
:D :D :D :D :D :DDECISION MADE - DAMN YEAAAAAAAA!! GO LONDON GO!! 8) 8) 8) :p :p :p

I checked this morning, and a decision has been made on my Stage 2. It has been just little over one year and this entire process was quite bitter but I learned a lot from everyone on this forum. For those who are still waiting I assure you there is a sweet victory ahead. A big big thank you to everyone!

I wanted to figure out next steps. What is the process now? We had hired lawyer for our application in Toronto. Does this mean they will contact lawyer office directly now? OR reach out to me at my London home address?
Congrats!!!! I'm jealous ;)

I believe the paperwork will be sent to your laywer in the post. It may take a few weeks to arrive.

canada_nz

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-5-2015
mec14 said:
You may have more luck with your employer... Have you tried asking them to reduce the notice period? It's not uncommon, particularly with the longer notice periods, and one extra week out of 3 months would seem reasonable.
We have negotiated as much as we can with our employers unfortunately. In the final weeks there is a chance they will just let us go earlier than planned but we can't bank on that and had to book flights according to what was arranged at the outset.

Worst case scenario we have to book a ticket last minute to Canada to activate the COPR before it expires.

I wish you could get a hold of London visa office by phone! or speak to someone in Ottawa other than the useless agents! Between the two of them they are flipping this back and forth and wasting time while the COPR expires

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
Moun7 said:

Congratulations!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
canada_nz said:
We have negotiated as much as we can with our employers unfortunately. In the final weeks there is a chance they will just let us go earlier than planned but we can't bank on that and had to book flights according to what was arranged at the outset.

Worst case scenario we have to book a ticket last minute to Canada to activate the COPR before it expires.

I wish you could get a hold of London visa office by phone! or speak to someone in Ottawa other than the useless agents! Between the two of them they are flipping this back and forth and wasting time while the COPR expires
You can ask your MP to intervene. They can get answers a lot faster.

If the MP has no luck, then you guys will just have to bite the bullet and have the applicant take a super quick round trip to land.

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
mec14 said:
Congrats!!!! I'm jealous ;)

I believe the paperwork will be sent to your laywer in the post. It may take a few weeks to arrive.
Your time will come Mec14..... we're all keeping our fingers crossed for you

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Playing catch-up. Here we go.

JMOBhatti said:
LVO update the status as "application in process" and few days later, they also update "medical received".

What to expect further and when?

Thanks
I don't see you on the spreadsheet. Do you want to be added? It's a great way to say thanks for the advice and answers you get on here, plus it helps keep our spreadsheet more accurate.

canada_nz said:
Hello

We have been going back and forth with both London and Ottawa office. Both say to contact the other office and we can only submit case sepcific emails to both. The agents on the Ottawa side are useless. So frustrating. We are only off by a week but need the COPR extended. London issued the COPR but Ottawa is our processing office so I suspect it takes an Ottawa case officer to extend the COPR then London just basically reprints it with new photos.

I had ordered my notes in April and can see my correspondence to CIC mentioning this employment situation many times (amongst other items regarding our file). Its annoying they missed it. The agent on the phone says not to worry about it! lol! It expires in a month basically.

Anyone been in this situation?
canada_nz said:

The thing is that you don't have to MOVE before COPR expires, you just have to show up in Canada. You can leave on the next flight out. I would suggest that you stop faffing with trying to get COPR extended as it's highly unlikely that you will be extended, and you instead just get your husband to book an overnight trip there and back to activate the COPR. With your medical expiring on 3 July and with COPR being issued in May, CIC will see that as plenty of time for you to book a flight, particularly as you would have known beforehand that it was extremely likely that your COPR would only be valid until 3 July - it's no secret that COPR is only valid for one year from medicals.

So I'd suggest you just get a flight booked, get COPR activated, then come back tot he UK to sort out your affairs. Your husband can travel on his own to activate COPR, you don't have to be with him.

Sorry to sound harsh, but you don't want to mess around with it, just get something booked and get it out of the way, save yourself the stress.

Moun7 said:

Congrats!

I'm not sure if COPR goes to you or your lawyer, I'd think the lawyer and then he will forward it to you, but it may arrive on your doorstep as well. You can see from the spreadsheet that COPR can arrive anywhere from a week to two months after you get DM, so just keep an eye on things. Give your lawyer a heads-up that your ECAS has changed to DM.

You can start making your plans to get to Canada now - the expiry date on your COPR will be important to note. Your original medicals had already expired, did you have any correspondence with CIC discussing extended medical dates? Be prepared for a quick turnaround, just in case they haven't given you much time to activate COPR. As with the above poster, remember you don't have to MOVE before the COPR expiry, you just have to activate.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
So last week I sent a case specific inquiry to LVO to change my address from a Canadian one to a British one.

Today ECAS was updated to show my current mailing address as the UK address. However my current home address is still down as my Canadian address.

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
andrew-brit said:
So last week I sent a case specific inquiry to LVO to change my address from a Canadian one to a British one.

Today ECAS was updated to show my current mailing address as the UK address. However my current home address is still down as my Canadian address.
My address was also updated on ECAS today. They've done it the same as yours, updated the mailing address but left the current home address as it was.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Scotmoose said:
My address was also updated on ECAS today. They've done it the same as yours, updated the mailing address but left the current home address as it was.
Just out of curiosity did you move to the UK or Canada?

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
andrew-brit said:
Just out of curiosity did you move to the UK or Canada?
I moved within Canada back in March and ECAS never updated, however GCMS notes show the correct address.

Good old ECAS - can't trust it.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
mec14 said:
I moved within Canada back in March and ECAS never updated, however GCMS notes show the correct address.

Good old ECAS - can't trust it.
Haha, this x1000. That's why I usually say that if ECAS updates to reflect something then you can assume the update is accurate... but lack of an update doesn't mean that's nothing's happening, it just means something hasn't flowed all the way through to ECAS. Super frustrating!