+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
adilsulaiman said:
Well i dont understand, we did a remedical in March how can this not be reflected on our file? Secondly the part which i find deterring is that our july file was put away! Other cases have stalled due background checks (security & criminal), in our cases these have not even been started. If i look at the spreadsheet, most of the backlog of July seems to be either in process or in DM. I dont know if Quebec is factoring into this somehow.

What i do know is that myself and another who ordered notes said are file was in room 305 ..It didn't say put away but i'm sure that's just another way of wording it. How long after the medical did you order your notes . I'm sure your aware that your notes are generated the day or so after you order them,but you don't get them for 30 days. Also it all depends on who is updating your file.Some officers are up to date on this process some don't bother much

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Ron321 said:
Hi guys. I have got my Ecase status as Decision Made last Thursday. But still haven't
got any Email or letter from Visa office. Can anyone tell me how do they contact you by Letter or an Email??? and how much time would it take?? Is it too early to contact VO for there post??

Thank you
Hi Ron. You are not on the spreadsheet. To fully answer your question we need to know which visa office has your application, when you applied, etc. If you would like to be added to the spreadsheet please provide the following:

-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!

adilsulaiman

Aug 9, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-14
Doc's Request.
Got original docs back - 08-July-15
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
01-July-14
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
July-14
Med's Request
2-Feb-15
Med's Done....
13-Mar-15
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
17-July-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-July-2015
LANDED..........
-
taffy7 said:
What i do know is that myself and another who ordered notes said are file was in room 305 ..It didn't say put away but i'm sure that's just another way of wording it. How long after the medical did you order your notes . I'm sure your aware that your notes are generated the day or so after you order them,but you don't get them for 30 days. Also it all depends on who is updating your file.Some officers are up to date on this process some don't bother much
My remedical was done in March. I ordered my notes in the beginning of may, yes i read that they were generated May 5th. This is why i intend to make another order today for notes so that i may see if any progress was made on the file come end of June.

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 16-06-2015, COPR arrived 25-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
taffy7 said:
Yeah, mine said "Put Away" and file in room 305. Don't read anything into it seems to be standard practice when you are in the queue.

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Ron321 said:
Hi guys. I have got my Ecase status as Decision Made last Thursday. But still haven't
got any Email or letter from Visa office. Can anyone tell me how do they contact you by Letter or an Email??? and how much time would it take?? Is it too early to contact VO for there post??

Thank you
Which stage? Sponsor Approval or the final decision? I don't see you in the spreadsheet.

If the later you can expect a letter in the post within a few weeks. Hang tight!

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ#Getting_the_final_Decision_Made_and_the_COPR_document

Jan 23, 2015
Good Morning.

I was just after some advice, my husbands PR is currently sitting in Ottawa, will no end date in sight. Now i have not long given birth to my beautiful daughter and the wait times me and my husband can cope with, we knew this visa could take a year. But the one thing i can't cope with is my mother and sisters back in Canada missing my daughter growing up and breaks my heart when i call back home ever week and hear how sad she is.

So me and my husband have came up with a plan and just want to throw some things at forum, so you guys and gals can give me sound advice without me thinking with my heart and head.

I am a Canadian by birth and my daughter will have dual nationality, my mum has offered to put me and my husband up at her house while our application finishes up. My husband would come over on a 6 month open return ticket and become a full time carer for our daughter while i go out and work in Canada. We have a fair bit of savings so we know we can survive the 6months. Now in our heads 6 months should be more then enough time for Ottawa to come back with an answer.

so a few questions any help or advice would be great

1) If we change our address with Ottawa will that be ok? or because my husband is only on a visitor 6 month deal would it red flag our application?

2) If we get called for an interview! (very much doubt this he is a British electrician and we have been together 4 years and married for 2 and have a little girl) can we do that in Ottawa?

3) If i am correct in saying this, and he does get his visa he would have to leave Canada and re enter, can he do this on a USA side. saves him flying all the way back to England and then back to Canada

worse case is the visa will be declined and we all have to move back to england. But i just believe we will have a much better time waiting over in Canada with my family, setting up roots, sorting my health card etc all now so when he gets his visa we can just start living.

Last comment is has anyone else done or thought about the plan we are considering and any past experience would be great

Thanks Cassandra

d_j_heckford

Feb 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt Decision Made: 26-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
mec14 said:
Yeah, mine said "Put Away" and file in room 305. Don't read anything into it seems to be standard practice when you are in the queue.
Why with your timeline would your file be put away, have they had to ask additional stuff from you in past? I don't like the looks of that ???

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
d_j_heckford said:
Why with your timeline would your file be put away, have they had to ask additional stuff from you in past? I don't like the looks of that ???
I disagree, like Mec mentioned, this happens to everyone it seems. They do an initial review, then put your file away for later. I wouldn't worry unnecessarily about it! Trying to read into things only leads to madness and more stress. It makes me feel better to be honest, that my notes, seem to be in line with everyone else.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Cassandra_1982 said:
1) If we change our address with Ottawa will that be ok? or because my husband is only on a visitor 6 month deal would it red flag our application?

2) If we get called for an interview! (very much doubt this he is a British electrician and we have been together 4 years and married for 2 and have a little girl) can we do that in Ottawa?

3) If i am correct in saying this, and he does get his visa he would have to leave Canada and re enter, can he do this on a USA side. saves him flying all the way back to England and then back to Canada

Last comment is has anyone else done or thought about the plan we are considering and any past experience would be great
1. Changing the address will have zero effect on the PR app. Your husband can be anywhere in the world while an outland app processes, including Canada.

2. You have pretty much no chance of being called for an interview, so I wouldn't even worry about that.

3. Yes, he can land as a PR at the Canada-US border. This is called flagpoling.

MANY people have done this, including my British partner and I; it is a very common scenario. Your husband would be entering as a visitor for now; he is not moving to or coming to live in Canada. He is coming to visit with his family while his PR app processes. He should not have more than the standard few bags. He should carry proof of the PR app (sponsor approval is good) and proof of finances. A fully refundable ticket back is also a good precaution.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
katathfx said:
No such luck lol I certainly can relate to how you're feeling, but I NEED to see your application get DM first cause then I know it shouldn't be much longer for us .... So hurry up already hehehe

I would love for you both to visit! OMG that would be something... just a warning the combination of food, drink, common experience and conversation of CIC will most definitely stoke my potty mouth. 8)

Sounds like a great night of fun... 3 Brits in one room lol

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
princesstigger said:
I disagree, like Mec mentioned, this happens to everyone it seems. They do an initial review, then put your file away for later. I wouldn't worry unnecessarily about it! Trying to read into things only leads to madness and more stress. It makes me feel better to be honest, that my notes, seem to be in line with everyone else.
Yeah. Agree. Clearly they have a backlog and the just put away files for a while until it comes time to process. There were no issues with my file, nothing to follow up so no information requests. I was just unlucky with my timing. Note my file is now in process since 1st May, so they get there eventually you just have to wait it out.

Yes it's very frustrating, everyone will agree with you there, but nothing you can do to speed it up.

d_j_heckford

Feb 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
mec14 said:
Yeah. Agree. Clearly they have a backlog and the just put away files for a while until it comes time to process. There were no issues with my file, nothing to follow up so no information requests. I was just unlucky with my timing. Note my file is now in process since 1st May, so they get there eventually you just have to wait it out.

Yes it's very frustrating, everyone will agree with you there, but nothing you can do to speed it up.
Unlucky indeed :( Hope you get yours taken care of soon

JMOBhatti

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
HKG/LDN
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
No
Med's Done....
Alhamd o lillah
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Alhamd o lillah
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamd o lillah
LANDED..........
Alhamd o lillah
LVO update the status as "application in process" and few days later, they also update "medical received".

What to expect further and when?

Thanks

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
JMOBhatti said:
LVO update the status as "application in process" and few days later, they also update "medical received".

What to expect further and when?

Thanks

At one time when an application went into process it wasn't much longer before DM was received.Saying that things have changed and in process means a visa officer is looking at your file. As for time frame you are better off looking on the London spreadsheet to see time estimates.

d_j_heckford

Feb 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
Basically what ^^ says, and the last bit you mention, what to do next? Absolute nothing... put your feet up and relax and wait if they ask or request anything or get DM :)