+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

Shirsho

Jan 23, 2012
nsr said:
Is it fair what they are doing? I'm Indian citizen, temporary resident of Canada(student) and 10 year US visitor visa holder. I got my AOR after 2 months since file get to buffalo. Don't know how long will take to just get in process phase.....
Actually, Kiri is right..Your timeline is not that bad...But I must say, Indian Citizens seem to be placed under microscope more than anyone...Atleast thats my experience so far...Why didn't u apply for New Delhi? Prolly that would have been more straight forward...

At the end of the day..its abt how good ur fate is...Its not in your hands...So just have patience...U are definitely in good shape so far..Start worrying if things remain same till mid-may...I would send an e-mail out to VO at that pt...Actually, if you are curious abt ur file, there is no harm in sending a query...Just make sure your e-mail is simple and plain with a lot of please and thank you..

Goodluck

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Does your husband still have the photocopy of the green form of the original medical done in Aug? If so, try to email+fax+upload via 'Case Specific Enquiry' to VO.

I don't have 'Medical Received' showing in my eCAS too. I called CIC call centre and the agent just told me to resend the copy of the form to VO which I did. Later on the VO requested other documents but not Medical, which I hope it means they've got my medical already (although no update on eCAS still). Some people said their GCMS notes say about medical or other document received, so I ordered GCMS at the same time I sent in my last batch of documents 3 weeks ago. Hopefully I will see something positive on the notes (should arrive in a week or so).

Shirsho said:
No. my husband's medicals don't expire till Aug...I think the DMP messed up..When I call my DMP's office, they say they have nothing to do with the test results anymore...They asked me to contact consulate for more info on further medicals...The receptionist just said, " I can't help u..Goodluck" and hung up....

We sent them a fax today...No response...I am nervous...and losing patience at this pt...

mmkk

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
january 7, 2011
Nomination.....
july 2010
Med's Request
july 24, 2011
Med's Done....
august 8, 2011
Passport Req..
november 4, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
december 31, 2011
DEAR ALL,

I NEED HELP. MY SON'S PASSPORT WAS DETACHED FROM THE COVER AND WE WERE ADVISED TO RESEND THE PASSPORT FOR VISA REPLACEMENT TO BUFFALO. I AM FROM THE PHILIPPINES. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THE VISA OFFICE TO REPLACE THE VISA? WE HAVE A SCHEDULED FLIGHT ON THE 19TH OF APRIL AND WE ARE AFRAID THAT WE MIGHT NEED TO HAVE IT RE-BOOKED. WE HAVE A REPRESENTATIVE BUT THEY CANNOT GUARANTEE THE PROCESSING TIME OF REPLACEMENT OF VISA SINCE THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THEY HANDLE SUCH CASE. I WILL TRULY APPRECIATE ANY HELP AND INFO YOU CAN SHARE.

THANKS AND GOD BLESS US ALL.

g-man

Star Member
May 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2012 (22-02-2012 Seattle)
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
12-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2012 (Canada Day!!)
mmkk said:
DEAR ALL,

I NEED HELP. MY SON'S PASSPORT WAS DETACHED FROM THE COVER AND WE WERE ADVISED TO RESEND THE PASSPORT FOR VISA REPLACEMENT TO BUFFALO. I AM FROM THE PHILIPPINES. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THE VISA OFFICE TO REPLACE THE VISA? WE HAVE A SCHEDULED FLIGHT ON THE 19TH OF APRIL AND WE ARE AFRAID THAT WE MIGHT NEED TO HAVE IT RE-BOOKED. WE HAVE A REPRESENTATIVE BUT THEY CANNOT GUARANTEE THE PROCESSING TIME OF REPLACEMENT OF VISA SINCE THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THEY HANDLE SUCH CASE. I WILL TRULY APPRECIATE ANY HELP AND INFO YOU CAN SHARE.

THANKS AND GOD BLESS US ALL.
I assume you mean the visa was detached from the passport? Nine days turnaround (less with weekends) is unfortunately not very long for a round-trip visa request. But good luck to you :)

mmkk

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
january 7, 2011
Nomination.....
july 2010
Med's Request
july 24, 2011
Med's Done....
august 8, 2011
Passport Req..
november 4, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
december 31, 2011
the passport was detached from the cover and needs to be replaced or renew. canada does not accept old passport with visa.you need to renew the passport , replace the visa and have it attached in the new passport. i thought at first that i can just show the old passport with the visa stamped together with the new passport. hopefully it can be done before our scheduled flight.

thanks.

Jenny parsely

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
bloodyguitars said:
Yep! Few months ago before applying for PR, we called CIC call center and the agent said not to worry application would be done in 5 months. And today, its exactly 5 months from when my application was received(26th Oct)! :D!
Hi bloodyguitars,

Which number did you call to know about the application processing time? Is it safe to call buffalo office to know about the application stauts?

I called buffalo office today on this number (716) 858-9501 but it says that they don't respond to phone calls. Is there any other number to call and know what is the status of my file.

Is it safe to email them to know the status?

Please advise

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
Sent a case specific enquiry to LA. Medicals expire tomorrow, UPS tracking still not active 4 weeks after they got the passports. Why is it taking them so long? I had a complicated application and they managed to approve it with lightning speed, but then it comes time to finish it and they drag their feet. Ugh.

bloodyguitars

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Jenny parsely said:
Hi bloodyguitars,

Which number did you call to know about the application processing time? Is it safe to call buffalo office to know about the application stauts?

I called buffalo office today on this number (716) 858-9501 but it says that they don't respond to phone calls. Is there any other number to call and know what is the status of my file.

Is it safe to email them to know the status?

Please advise
My spouse called CIC call center when she was in canada. Unfortunately that number is only reachable within Canada. I never called buffallo or never sent an email for an enquiry. I gue only way to contact them is through email and its safe. I dont have the
number but we found it on cic website. Again,you cannt reach that number from Usa.
If you are inside states your only option is to use a case specific enquiry. Goodluck.

bloodyguitars

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
awor said:
Sent a case specific enquiry to LA. Medicals expire tomorrow, UPS tracking still not active 4 weeks after they got the passports. Why is it taking them so long? I had a complicated application and they managed to approve it with lightning speed, but then it comes time to finish it and they drag their feet. Ugh.
Did you let them know through email/fax about expiry of your medicals?

Gizmo13

Apr 10, 2012
I'm just wondering if someone can answer a question for me as I have heard conflicting arguments, so am a little unclear! (My apologies as the answer may be somewhere on one of these pages!)

My boyfriend is a U.K. citizen, he will be living with me here in Canada, and we are wanting to apply out land through buffalo.

I understand if you are granted temporary status for at least 1 year are able to use a Canadian address as your residential address, so my question is when it comes to these region specific forms, would he use the West Europe form, or the United States form if wanting to apply through Buffalo?!

Thank you kindly!

caledonia

Mar 12, 2012
Im an Irish citizen living in Canada with my Canadian husband. When I applied I used the west europe forms, I think it is where you are a citizen rather than a resident. I hope this helps!

EagerFever

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-11
AOR Received.
23-02-12
File Transfer...
24-01-12
Med's Done....
23-10-11
Passport Req..
Fingers Crossed
VISA ISSUED...
Fingers Crossed. Toes Crossed.
LANDED..........
Body Crossed in Anticipation :)
Dear All,

I would greatly appreciate some advice on the following timelines / case:

As a brief b/g my timelines are as follows:
- Application was received on Nov 23, 2011
- We received a correspondence of Sponsorship approval on Jan 24 in which they also indicated file was xferred to Buffalo.
- Feb 23 my husband received a correspondence that his file is in Buffalo.
- April 10 my husband received a letter stating:
We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.
Additional documents required: No additional documents are required at this time.
Medical information: We have received the results of your medical examination.

My Qs:
- Is this (latest corresponence) an AOR or In Process (E-Cas still shows application received under his name)
- What happens after?
- When do you think they may send a PPR?
- What happens after a PPR comes in?
- Do they ever reject at a stage when they send a PPR?
- How much time would he have to wrap up?

I would greatly appreciate your advice and support on this.

Warm Regards,
EagerFever

Rouge

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ---> NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Passport Req..
19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
awor said:
Sorry to hear that awor. That is a long time!

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
bloodyguitars said:
Did you let them know through email/fax about expiry of your medicals?
I emailed them on the 1st and asked, no response. So I tried the case specific enquiry today. I am hoping they've extended the medicals, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to get a response back saying I need to redo them now. I hate this whole process.

Gizmo13

Apr 10, 2012
caledonia said:
Im an Irish citizen living in Canada with my Canadian husband. When I applied I used the west europe forms, I think it is where you are a citizen rather than a resident. I hope this helps!
And I just want to confirm by doing so - can one can still apply through the Buffalo office? I just want to make sure if we use the West Europe forms, that if we got called for an interview we wouldn't have to travel back to the U.K. because that could be troublesome!
Thanks for your reply! :)