+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

S

SaugaBoss

wmaitner said:
Well, Buffalo has my second FBI letter now. Signed off by H.CARLAND on Sep 2, 2010 9:42 AM. Now Buffalo, get off your collective arses and give me my damn visa!
im mailing mine out today as well with stickers on letter and envelope :) they didnt request it but i rather not wait

and @cherlyn i do not think it speeds it up but saves a little bit of time by them not having to send a letter and request for a RPRF

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
I noticed, and I hope that she doesn't mind I'm posting this, that Canuckgirl, was not on the spreadsheet. She has posted on this thread before I believe. I have chatted on another thread with her and received news that another April applicant has landed!! Congrats :)

I believe she applied 4/15 and received a PPR 8/05 and landed just a few days ago!! There is still hope my fellow March and Aprils! ;)

Let's all hope that after the long weekend here in the states, that B'lo will actually keep up the speed and process these applications :D

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
Sponsor's and my financial information has been mailed today. Now.... more waiting! :p

I'm taking bets on how long it takes to hear back. Anyone?

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
Why would they ask for financial information in the case of spousal sponsorship? I thought that wasn't required?

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
Good question, brightredscream! Tell me the answer when you find out :p

I was very surprised to receive such a request, too. No clue. But I sent what they wanted anyway. Hope this is the last step.

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
That's scary! It's something that worries me, because since my divorce, my financial situation isn't the greatest, and I'm worried that we could get rejected based on that...

Good luck!

feefee87

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/06/2010
File Transfer...
13/07/2010
Med's Done....
13/05/2010
Saugaboss,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to post the spreadsheet on google :)

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
kerianne said:
Let's all hope that after the long weekend here in the states, that B'lo will actually keep up the speed and process these applications :D
I do not like the long weekends ....................just because...................one more day ..............................

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
Think of it this way though, it gives you one more day to find something that you will miss and to enjoy it and admire it. I am using the time I have left to spend as much of it with my closest friends and family that won't be able to visit and just reminding myself that I am one day closer. and in the end, it will be that much more enjoyable once landing with a visa in hand :)

Hope that helped you to cheer up ::)

Hopefully not much longer for you, because I think we all know how much this process bites. :(

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
So I still haven't gotten an AOR in the mail. I've been in process since August 18th. I changed my address via email a bit more than a week before that... so I'm not sure what the problem is. Should I email them again? I don't want to keep emailing them and bothering them though!

I just worry because I no longer live at my old residential address. I never listed that as a mailing address, I listed my parents as my mailing address on my application, but it seems like Buffalo doesn't know what they are doing anyway...

S

SaugaBoss

sbwv09 said:
So I still haven't gotten an AOR in the mail. I've been in process since August 18th. I changed my address via email a bit more than a week before that... so I'm not sure what the problem is. Should I email them again? I don't want to keep emailing them and bothering them though!

I just worry because I no longer live at my old residential address. I never listed that as a mailing address, I listed my parents as my mailing address on my application, but it seems like Buffalo doesn't know what they are doing anyway...

r u going to buffalo or going to mail in your passport? What if you get lucky and get a PPR soon... then if you are mailing it in you need your stickers for sure..!!! so your passport wont get lost.

so its up to you. did they say one will come in the mail?

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
27-07-2010 (to Detroit 15/09/10)
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2010 (arrived 01-11-2010)
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
I want to let you guys know that I finally received an AOR in the mail! :) It was dated for Aug. 30, 2010. I have not seen my status on E-cas changed to "in process" yet.

With those bar-coded stickers, I can finally send the FBI certificate! Yay!

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Yeah, I would go to Buffalo in person but I would like an AOR in the mail... I really just don't know what's going on. Maybe I'll try to email them in a week or so if I still get nothing.

beantown

Mar 30, 2010
We crossed the finish line: Yesterday my husband got up at 4am and drove from east of Toronto to Buffalo, to be there before the office opened at 7:30am. After a short wait he had his paperwork in hand and crossed the border - Landed - a few hours later. He was home by early afternoon. All in all, it was relatively painless! His official Perm Res card will arrive in the mail soon; until then he has a piece of paper evidence his status. He went and applied for a SIN straight away (someone is anxious to rejoin the land of the gainfully employed!)

One crazy story that I must relay - the guy in line at the Buffalo consulate in front of my husband had his approved permanent residency paperwork that you need to have before you do your Landing, and was asking for a copy of his application file. The paperwork is only valid for a year or some number of months, during which time you need to enter Canada and formally Land and get your PR visa. Otheriwse it expires. Well for some unfathomable reason, this guy had been hanging onto his paperwork and hadn't landed for so long that his approval expired!!!! Who does that??! Who applies for PR, gets approved, and then doesn't enter the country? WTF? It made me think of all the heartbroken folks on this forum separated from their partners, who are still waiting in process, and this guy takes up valuable bureaucrat time to process an Application that he doesn't even follow through on. Grr. Well, the good thing (not for him) is that apparently he was told that he had to start the whole process all over again!! They said they didn't have a copy of his file for him to resubmit, so he is back at square one.

best of luck to everyone,
Beantown

SimpleMan

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
beantown said:
We crossed the finish line: Yesterday my husband got up at 4am and drove from east of Toronto to Buffalo, to be there before the office opened at 7:30am. After a short wait he had his paperwork in hand and crossed the border - Landed - a few hours later. He was home by early afternoon. All in all, it was relatively painless! His official Perm Res card will arrive in the mail soon; until then he has a piece of paper evidence his status. He went and applied for a SIN straight away (someone is anxious to rejoin the land of the gainfully employed!)

One crazy story that I must relay - the guy in line at the Buffalo consulate in front of my husband had his approved permanent residency paperwork that you need to have before you do your Landing, and was asking for a copy of his application file. The paperwork is only valid for a year or some number of months, during which time you need to enter Canada and formally Land and get your PR visa. Otheriwse it expires. Well for some unfathomable reason, this guy had been hanging onto his paperwork and hadn't landed for so long that his approval expired!!!! Who does that??! Who applies for PR, gets approved, and then doesn't enter the country? WTF? It made me think of all the heartbroken folks on this forum separated from their partners, who are still waiting in process, and this guy takes up valuable bureaucrat time to process an Application that he doesn't even follow through on. Grr. Well, the good thing (not for him) is that apparently he was told that he had to start the whole process all over again!! They said they didn't have a copy of his file for him to resubmit, so he is back at square one.

best of luck to everyone,
Beantown

Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on this good news.