Interview........
07-12-2011
Passport Req..
07-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
I would like some clarifcation on a few acronyms floating around: PPR, COPR and AOR all stand for..._______________?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!
jstnmlr said:
OMFG, It's going to be an amazing Christmas! I picked up my phone because my wife sent me a text. I looked at my email as I normally due ready delete all the junk and BAM!

PPR! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I feel a bit of guilt for those of you who were due long before me... but we have no control so all I can say is I know how rough things can be being separated and I can't imagine having to wait as long as some. CIC needs to get their act together.

For those that love the details... It was an email
Subject: F0000****** MIL***, **** **** [mxf/pb] (file#, Full name, some code)
From: BFALOIMPA-AP @ international.gc.ca (I believe someone posted this email the other day.
Body:Dear Applicant:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in a position to request your passports for visa issuance.

Please submit your passport(s) within the next 30 days. The issuance of your visa(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested. Please note, though your passport(s) is/are due at our office within the next 30 days, you must check your documents upon receipt. There will be a validity date indicated, and the landing must take place on or before that date. The visas cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after landing, please consult the website regarding residency requirements in order to ensure that you retain your status in Canada.

We require two (2) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.

FOLLOW THE LINKS BELOW FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE:

Passport requirements
Photographs, height and eye colour
Instructions for passport submission
Important notice for family members

Immigration Section/Section de l'immigration
Consulate General of Canada
Consulat général du Canada
Buffalo, New York

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI USA -> Sechelt, BC CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
jstnmlr said:
OMFG, It's going to be an amazing Christmas! I picked up my phone because my wife sent me a text. I looked at my email as I normally due ready delete all the junk and BAM!

Hearty Congrats from a June applicant!

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011, 15-12-2011 (transferred to LA)
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
Congratulations all!!! I applied in August... does that mean it will take them another six months before I hear?

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Congrats jstnmlr!

Now if only Buffalo would dust off those older files and send those PPRs we could all have a merry Holiday season...

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
cantor2537 said:
Congratulations all!!! I applied in August... does that mean it will take them another six months before I hear?
Take a look at ddobro2's spreadsheet, and you'll see that the average time from app to landing is a bit less than 6 months.

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jstnmlr said:

I feel a bit of guilt for those of you who were due long before me... but we have no control so all I can say is I know how rough things can be being separated and I can't imagine having to wait as long as some. CIC needs to get their act together.

For those that love the details... It was an email
Subject: F0000****** MIL***, **** **** [mxf/pb] (file#, Full name, some code)
From: BFALOIMPA-AP @ international.gc.ca (I believe someone posted this email the other day.
Body:Dear Applicant:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in a position to request your passports for visa issuance.

Please submit your passport(s) within the next 30 days. The issuance of your visa(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested. Please note, though your passport(s) is/are due at our office within the next 30 days, you must check your documents upon receipt. There will be a validity date indicated, and the landing must take place on or before that date. The visas cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after landing, please consult the website regarding residency requirements in order to ensure that you retain your status in Canada.

We require two (2) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.

FOLLOW THE LINKS BELOW FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE:

Passport requirements
Photographs, height and eye colour
Instructions for passport submission
Important notice for family members

Immigration Section/Section de l'immigration
Consulate General of Canada
Consulat général du Canada
Buffalo, New York
Congratulations.

jacobsdennis

Oct 21, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011
File Transfer...
07-03-2011
Interview........
07-12-2011
Passport Req..
07-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
ddobro2 said:
http://immipedia.ca/Acronyms
Thanks very much, as always!!!

StateOfConfusion

Star Member
Nov 13, 2011
Pennsylvania - USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
AOR Received.
20-01-2012 (CPC-M/Sponsor)/14-2-2012 (Buffalo)
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
05-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR - 10-4-2012
LANDED..........
24-5-2012
So...we sent our application via Purolator, and it should have been delivered today, but the status on it says "address correction via Mississauga, ON depot" instead of delivered. We mailed to the following address:

Sponsorship : Spousal
Case Processing Centre ─ Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, Ontario
L5A 4N6

Is that wrong? I am jumpier than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011, 15-12-2011 (transferred to LA)
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
StateOfConfusion said:
So...we sent our application via Purolator, and it should have been delivered today, but the status on it says "address correction via Mississauga, ON depot" instead of delivered. We mailed to the following address:

Sponsorship : Spousal
Case Processing Centre ─ Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, Ontario
L5A 4N6

Is that wrong? I am jumpier than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
Purolator is a courier? I believe you should've sent it to this address:

2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

The address you sent it to is only for Canada Post.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Oh my gosh, have you guys seen this yet? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob348.asp

I just spotted another thread about it. If I read it correctly, that means those of us from visa exempt nations (they specifically list the U.S.) will no longer have to send their passport for a visa before landing! As of Dec. 1, 2011 they will only receive their COPR and can then proceed directly to the border to land!

I know I've been moaning and groaning about not having gotten my PPR yet, but I honestly would not mind waiting a couple of more weeks if that means I don't have to go through the hastle of sending my passport to get a visa put in it. I would so much rather take my COPR and CSQ, drive to the border and land right away! Of course, now with my luck I'll get PPR a couple of days before this goes into effect. ;)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, very interesting, and a sure sign of how they are struggling to deal with their backlog, if you ask me. So anybody who gets a notification from Buffalo that they're processing is complete starting December 1, let us know how the new landing process goes. Thanks for this - was it linked from the main page of CIC or what?

AmericaninQuebec said:
Oh my gosh, have you guys seen this yet? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob348.asp

I just spotted another thread about it. If I read it correctly, that means those of us from visa exempt nations (they specifically list the U.S.) will no longer have to send their passport for a visa before landing! As of Dec. 1, 2011 they will only receive their COPR and can then proceed directly to the border to land!

I know I've been moaning and groaning about not having gotten my PPR yet, but I honestly would not mind waiting a couple of more weeks if that means I don't have to go through the hastle of sending my passport to get a visa put in it. I would so much rather take my COPR and CSQ, drive to the border and land right away! Of course, now with my luck I'll get PPR a couple of days before this goes into effect. ;)

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
AmericaninQuebec said:

...those of us from visa exempt nations (they specifically list the U.S.) will no longer have to send their passport for a visa before landing! As of Dec. 1, 2011 they will only receive their COPR and can then proceed directly to the border to land!...
I was so looking forward to a good old fashioned visa stamp! But I'll survive without.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's actually not a stamp but a counterfoil, so a big sticker, in your passport.
yooper said:
I was so looking forward to a good old fashioned visa stamp! But I'll survive without.