+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for October 2010 Applicants

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fox82 said:
congratessQCsunshin for ur PPR ,,i want ask u ,,what was ur e-case statue before u get PPR????

thxx so much
I just got on to e-CAS now to see what it says, and it still says In-Process.

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
thx for replying QCSunshine,,, so e case is nt in order with the real action for ur application .. i was wonder about wondering it coz mine never said IN PROCESS it says application recived then said medical received

jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
loc213 said:
Thanks!

From PPR to getting it back, it took 3 weeks..

Got it back this past monday, drove down to the peace bridge and it took about 20min to complete!

I'll be monitoring this board less but you can still PM me if u have any questions..

Take care!
Hey thanks a lot loc. Sure i will be in touch with you and keep you updated with my process. You are trust me a very big moral support for me heheheheh ...

Enjoy your PR :D

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
jiyamano said:
Hi.

What do you mean by false alarms?
It's the eCAS Tracker. It sent me 2 emails claiming updates had been made to my eCAS. When I logged in, nothing had changed at all. It still just says they've been processing my application since December 6. It happens... unfortunately.

And as pathetic as this sounds, we can't even afford to start working on getting me another UAE police check until at least this Thursday. Things have been... rough lately. And if we started getting one from here, we're looking at over 2 months (possibly 3) before we'd even have another one in our hands to send them, unless I just flew overseas to get it faster (can't afford this either, it would all be credit card debt). That is the decision we're on the fence about right now.

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
London/St. Thomas for now...
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
I ordered my CAIPS the other day, but still wondering what is going on.

My file was sent to Detroit in January, 'for expediting' but there has not been much expediting since. I have a really good job on the line, and can't get it to start training before the dang thing comes.

My file should be fairly easy (or so I thought), Have 0 criminal stuff, and have served in a NATO country's military, where I held a securiy clearance. Have lived with my fiancee for 4 years now, and am on a work permit so should be a no-brainer, but no.

e-CAS pops up once or twice a eek, and as Rinnerz, nothing, no effing thing. This is soo incredibly frustrating and agonizing that there is no comparison.

it is now may, and that makes it 7 or so months, since the file was sent, so by no means a long time, but still ah-so agonizing!

Anyways, I guess I still have to be patient I guess. My buddy that applied Innland in April of last year, just got approved yesterday.

Cheers
Hal.

Edited to add; wish now that I applied through London, and not buffalo, but I guess this is one mistake I can't learn from, as I won't do this ever again!!

medellinguy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Everything in order I guess
AOR Received.
07-04-2011
File Transfer...
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Passport Req..
07-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
TheHal said:
I ordered my CAIPS the other day, but still wondering what is going on.

My file was sent to Detroit in January, 'for expediting' but there has not been much expediting since. I have a really good job on the line, and can't get it to start training before the dang thing comes.

My file should be fairly easy (or so I thought), Have 0 criminal stuff, and have served in a NATO country's military, where I held a securiy clearance. Have lived with my fiancee for 4 years now, and am on a work permit so should be a no-brainer, but no.

e-CAS pops up once or twice a eek, and as Rinnerz, nothing, no effing thing. This is soo incredibly frustrating and agonizing that there is no comparison.

it is now may, and that makes it 7 or so months, since the file was sent, so by no means a long time, but still ah-so agonizing!

Anyways, I guess I still have to be patient I guess. My buddy that applied Innland in April of last year, just got approved yesterday.

Cheers
Hal.

Edited to add; wish now that I applied through London, and not buffalo, but I guess this is one mistake I can't learn from, as I won't do this ever again!!
courage man, courage!!! my wife only received the AOR early April and then nothing.....Hopefully we will get news pretty soon, that would be awesome!!

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
hi medellinguy
still waiting and waiting and waiting
iam tryng to be brave
but is that going to last?
don't know but i have faith in god
medellinguy have faith in god bcze nthg can go this world without his greenlight

vt

Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/10/2010
Doc's Request.
June 24 2011
File Transfer...
23/11/2010 arrived at VO - 22/07/2011 In Process
Med's Done....
02/11/2010
Passport Req..
Aug 26 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 06 2011
It has been real quiet in this thread. Although most VO can take up to a year for PRs we all know that it can also take 6 to 8 months. So we are all hitting the 6 month mark now.

We will soon be seeing more PR's in the next 30 days!!!!

KEEP THE FAITH PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Good Luck to all!!!!!
VT

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
yes Vt ..u make my spirit better ,,,its 6 monthes now and no PR yet from cairo -egypt office as u say hope we hear better news soon for all october applicants..

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
OK so I guess I can start to stop panicing..

Got a letter requesting the RPRF... Letter was sent to sponsor from Mississauga, now the only problem is that I DID pay, a MONTH ago. Sooo, I sent ONE ORIGINAL to Mississauga CPC, and then emailed AND faxed the other end to Detroit.

How can I get in touch with them to explain that I already have paid the ammount???

I assume that next is the PPR and I REALLY could use this ASAP..

Cheers
H.

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
TheHal said:
OK so I guess I can start to stop panicing..

Got a letter requesting the RPRF... Letter was sent to sponsor from Mississauga, now the only problem is that I DID pay, a MONTH ago. Sooo, I sent ONE ORIGINAL to Mississauga CPC, and then emailed AND faxed the other end to Detroit.

How can I get in touch with them to explain that I already have paid the ammount???

I assume that next is the PPR and I REALLY could use this ASAP..

Cheers
H.
It can take awhile for the visa office to receive confirmation from Mississauga that you paid, AND attach it to your file. As for contacting them, I assume the only real options are: 1) case specific enquiry, 2) direct email, 3) fax. If you kept a copy of your RPRF payment receipt (I assume you did...), you could resend that to Detroit (email, fax, whatever). But really, they won't consider it received until they get official confirmation from Mississauga anyway. And they're not likely to even bother telling you directly that they've received anything.

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
Hehe,

Actually Detroid DID respond to that a month ago, but they need confirmation from Mississauga. What I found strange, was that Mississauga should have received the Original of the receipt a month ago, but THEY where the one sending the request...

I'll fax another tomorrow, and resend with the paperwork, just to make doubly sure, then I guess it is another 3 -4 week wait for PPR then another 3-4 week for the actual passport, which will will bring us into early July, hope that my new boss will be patient until then...

Cheers
H.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Hal not sure where you're living now, I recall you guys moved awhile back. How about a road trip to Buffalo/Detroit to take off the 3-4 weeks waiting for the passport? Not sure if you can do same day at Detroit but worth a shot so u can get working quicker.

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
kelKel said:
Not sure if you can do same day at Detroit but worth a shot so u can get working quicker.
According to an old post by another member, Detroit told them (via email) that they do offer same-day visa issuance, although they can't guarantee it: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t57488.0.html. Although as far as I know, they actually ended up mailing theirs in anyway.