+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for November 2010 applications

S

serenifly

I paid next day UPS for mine, and tracked the heck out of it ! haha my boss actually let me use his account, cuz he wants to hire my husband as soon as he's legal ! lol is helping out wherever he can ...

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
serenifly said:
I paid next day UPS for mine, and tracked the heck out of it ! haha my boss actually let me use his account, cuz he wants to hire my husband as soon as he's legal ! lol is helping out wherever he can ...
Hey serenifly,

Just curious, he's not willing to get a LMO for the position, so your husband can get a work permit and work/be with you?

S

serenifly

What is LMO ? He is here on a visitor visa, has been for a few years , chasing the summers, here for 8 months, and back to New Zelaand for their summer. under that VISA he cannot work or go to school. So he just visits lol, keeps extending it but I think we've reached our last extension :(

Last year my boss tried to help him out, getting him a working visa, so he could work for him, but the government kept sending him a bunch of other immigrants on work visas that didn't have work ... it became too big of a pain in the butt for boss man.

Then we had to decide if we'd live here or in Kiwiland, but my parents made it VERY clear that I couldn't leave them. So he sold his race car, and his apartment in NewZealand and we were able to buy a condo in BC and have a nice wedding, and enough so he might not have to work til the Visa comes through, who knows. If it all goes to pooh, then we'll fly to New Zealand lol

[edit]
I should note that when we were submitting our application, We thought the 41 days was for Inland, then we submitted it and we noticed that inland was 9-18 months FML! - so now I might have to get a second job (already have a great job mon-fri) to make sure he can stay here under my wages

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
An LMO is a Labour Market Opinion. It sounds like your boss already tried that route. In a nutshell, a Canadian employer has to receive permission from the Canadian government (hence, the Labour Market), in order to hire someone from outside the country. It sounds like they tried that approach, and the government said to hire other foreigners instead. That's too bad. That doesn't give me much hope in getting an LMO job for myself, while waiting on outland.

S

serenifly

Thanks for info Pharoh

Are you in Canada now? but waiting on outland results? OUtland wait doesn't seem that long ... My boss has tried for a while to help out my husband, but he's a busy busy man so he kinda just gave up figured he paid me enough to support him lol. But there is something waiting for him when it's all finalized. I think the cost was pretty high for that LMO wasn't it?

Don't sweat it, what kind of feild are you looking into for work? Maybe my husbands was so popular there was just so many people already here with that experience?

My hubby is a fabricator - though he speciliazes in motorsports fabrication they lumped him under Mechanic though

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Hey serinifly.

Unfortunately no, I'm not in Canada. My spouse and I (of two weeks) are separated with about 2000 miles between us. It sucks, but we've been doing the long-distance thing for over a year now, since we first met, so meh.

I'm open to waiting out the outland process with her, without having a job in place (despite a car loan, school loan, etc), however, I'm so afraid I'll be denied entry at the border (either I tell them I don't have a job - which I'd have to leave in order to stay with her), or they give me a visitor record that demands I leave within a couple of weeks of my coming up there. I've yet to work up the courage to figure out a definite plan. The last time I flew up, I was detained for a half hour in an interrogation room (see my thread 'Traumatizing Experience' from a while back - it explains). That scared the hell out of me, and now I'm nervous to return to Canada - period.

As for my profession, I'm an IT Professional... or IT Analyst... or Computer Support Technician... I don't know what my official title is, and I've been with my company for years. I work at a help desk, for a company of about 200, and walk around the building fixing computer stuff, taking phone calls, etc. I've got certifications, experience, and a degree, but there's plenty of Canadian IT people, so getting a job before my PR may be difficult.

S

serenifly

Geez I'll have to look up that thread, When crossing the border I wouldnt say anything about 'visiting my wife' haha You're there on a holiday! kapish! lol. Didn't think it was that hard to get into Canada.

It's a very high in demand profession, IT. And once you get approved I'm sure you won't have a problem, and what's 41 days compared to 1 year :) And you could still fly in and have a 'vacation' and see your wife and stay the aloted time?

My friend in New Mexico married a nice chap from Vernon BC. She was a stay at home mom her whole life, and he owned a coin laundry mat, they didn't have any issues :) And it didn't take that long hun :)

for me and my husband, cuz he's here now with me, and we did inland cuz techincally he lives with me, but in hindsight I should have just sent him on a plane and got him to do the ouland visa! haha

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
I'm not sure about the 41 days... it's averaging about 30 days for approval by Mississauga, followed by 3-4 months (on average) in Buffalo. My spouse and I have no children, and everything is really simple, so at best, I'm guessing I won't get PR till March-ish?

I'd love to say I'm up on holiday, however, if they look at my passport, they'll see 8-ish stamps (once a month, basically) from when I've been to Canada, all through the same airport. That sort of blows the random vacation excuse out of the water...

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
ah good for u Pharoh! good luck with stuff

S

serenifly

Pharoh said:
I'm not sure about the 41 days... it's averaging about 30 days for approval by Mississauga, followed by 3-4 months (on average) in Buffalo. My spouse and I have no children, and everything is really simple, so at best, I'm guessing I won't get PR till March-ish?

I'd love to say I'm up on holiday, however, if they look at my passport, they'll see 8-ish stamps (once a month, basically) from when I've been to Canada, all through the same airport. That sort of blows the random vacation excuse out of the water...
haha I guess so eh :) :-X

Well I wish you luck and don't let my story about my husbands LOW or whatever it was deter you from trying!

blues

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
my application was finally delievered today 17th November. I guess since i sent it on a Sunday, they didnt mail it out until the next day? in any case now the waiting begins.

someone who's keeping track please add me to the list.

App filed: Nov 14, 2010
App received: Nov 17, 2010

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Congrats, blues! I believe you and I should be hearing something from Mississauga in the next 30 days or so...

Welcome to the wait!

vvargas

Sep 22, 2010
Dominican Republic
Category........
Visa Office......
Dominican Republic - Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-01-2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Hi All!!!!

I sent my application yesterday, it was a HUGE relief to finally get it out!!!!!! Now I'm just waiting to get confirmation that it has been received and the long wait begins :( :(....

I'm excited and nervous all at the same time!!!

Good luck to you all, and I will update my status once I know what's going on.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Welcome aboard, vvargas! I hope your application makes it safely! Did you use courier with tracking?

vvargas

Sep 22, 2010
Dominican Republic
Category........
Visa Office......
Dominican Republic - Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-01-2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Yes I did!!! sent it DHL :) Hopefully they should receive it by latest Friday !!!!