Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
COMPUTER1680 said:
Yes
Eight digit Client ID of Sponsor only. Client ID is on the front of PR Card if the sponsor is PR. Otherwise u can check on the Internet by other different options available. Thanks
abedelia - Try it!! It works for me! Thanks for the info COMPUTER1680!

abedelia

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cherlyn--
That's great!!! Congrats!! It must be nice to know everything is on track. Nice for me to hear too that your application is fine even though it's not in eCAS--maybe mine is fine too!
I can't get anywhere on the phone system--my sponsor doesn't have a client ID yet that I know of (he's a citizen) :(

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
abedelia said:
Cherlyn--
That's great!!! Congrats!! It must be nice to know everything is on track. Nice for me to hear too that your application is fine even though it's not in eCAS--maybe mine is fine too!
I can't get anywhere on the phone system--my sponsor doesn't have a client ID yet that I know of (he's a citizen) :(

Try to find he must have that 8 digit client ID # somewhere included in his documents.
If he is citizen since born I don’t know what to say if not previous the citizenship he had a PR card and that is showing the client ID.

abedelia

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He's a citizen by descent. He never had a PR card but he had to apply for a citizenship card when he was younger. But we have all of the documents from that and there is no mention of a client ID. Is there a way to request this number from CIC? In any case, we didn't mention the number on the PR application materials.

lands

Jan 28, 2010
Hello Abedelia,

I am sorry if you already answered this question..if so you can ignore this post.
Did your sponsor use his receipt number to check on ecas? He can even call the CIC and provide them with the receipt number and they will be able to assist him.

I know most people are not having any luck with the call center, but I have called them a few times for questions regarding sponsorship and even application status, including stuff showing up on ecas and they have been very helpfull.

Good luck.

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
abedelia said:
He's a citizen by descent. He never had a PR card but he had to apply for a citizenship card when he was younger. But we have all of the documents from that and there is no mention of a client ID. Is there a way to request this number from CIC? In any case, we didn't mention the number on the PR application materials.

I would say that your husband should try to call CIC and ask them what is your Client ID. Or maybe you can use the # from his citizenship card (I don’t even know how many digits it has, but for sure has a number).

butterfly007

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
File Transfer...
29-04-2010
Passport Req..
11-11-2010
My application was approved on the 29th and I was able to log in to e-cas today. Got the sponsorship approval letter today aswell. :)

abedelia

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lands said:
Hello Abedelia,

I am sorry if you already answered this question..if so you can ignore this post.
Did your sponsor use his receipt number to check on ecas? He can even call the CIC and provide them with the receipt number and they will be able to assist him.

I know most people are not having any luck with the call center, but I have called them a few times for questions regarding sponsorship and even application status, including stuff showing up on ecas and they have been very helpfull.

Good luck.
Hi Cherlyn,
Thanks for your message. He can't log in with the receipt number. We called the call centre and they wouldn't check his information, they just said if you submitted your application before Feb 17, it hasn't been processed yet (this was last week). So that was discouraging. Maybe if we call back and get a different person, they would be willing to look up his number?

He has a file number from his citizenship processing, but we didn't include that number with our application. And we're not able to log in to eCAS with that either.

lands

Jan 28, 2010
When I called CIC to get a status update on my application, I did not mention anything about not seeing the information on ecas instead I asked to know the status of my application, the lady asked for identification(Client ID or receipt number etc) , followed it up with a few security questions and provided me with the information.

So maybe it is the way you ask the question.....??????

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
abedelia said:
Hi Cherlyn,
Thanks for your message. He can't log in with the receipt number. We called the call centre and they wouldn't check his information, they just said if you submitted your application before Feb 17, it hasn't been processed yet (this was last week). So that was discouraging. Maybe if we call back and get a different person, they would be willing to look up his number?

He has a file number from his citizenship processing, but we didn't include that number with our application. And we're not able to log in to eCAS with that either.
abedelia- I would explain them your situation ( I mean not having PR card ever) and where can you find your 8 digit # , the client ID #. And if they ask why you need tell them you want to listen the a.c.c. messages and you can’t without it.

adetia9

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
USA Outland - Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
AOR Received.
03-05-2010
File Transfer...
03-05-2010
Med's Done....
30-11-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2011
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
Hooray!! We got our letter today and my husband was approved as a sponsor and our application was forwarded to the Buffalo office. I was never able to log into ecas until I got the letter and could use the Client ID # provided in the letter.

My sponsorship entry lists, Decision Made (obviously approved since we got our letter).
the application for permanent residency lists unavailable. Will this change at some point once Buffalo receives it?

alisa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adetia9 said:
Hooray!! We got our letter today and my husband was approved as a sponsor and our application was forwarded to the Buffalo office. I was never able to log into ecas until I got the letter and could use the Client ID # provided in the letter.

My sponsorship entry lists, Decision Made (obviously approved since we got our letter).
the application for permanent residency lists unavailable. Will this change at some point once Buffalo receives it?
Congratulation!

You will get an email from them in about a month. Aabout a week after email from them, ecas status will be changed to "in process".

Zizo2010

Apr 18, 2010
Just got the updates through the automated system that the file was transfered to the visa office nearest to my relative. My question is why didn`t they mention Buffalo, just "your file was forwarded to the visa office closest to your relative". please advice. Thanks

Application sent 16th of March
Application rec 17th of March
Apprlication approved 30th of April
Application forwarded to Buffalo? 30th of April

mmv

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
11-5-2010
File Transfer...
31-05-2010
Med's Done....
5-3-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
5-6-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-6-2010
Congratulations. Thats great to hear. But its awful that they dont update Ecas. Even i cant login to Ecas

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
Zizo2010 said:
Just got the updates through the automated system that the file was transfered to the visa office nearest to my relative. My question is why didn`t they mention Buffalo, just "your file was forwarded to the visa office closest to your relative". please advice. Thanks

Application sent 16th of March
Application rec 17th of March
Apprlication approved 30th of April
Application forwarded to Buffalo? 30th of April
I have the same message at automated system. Doesn’t saying that the appl. was approved ( but I hope yes) just when they received the applic. & your file was forwarded to the visa office closest to your relative.

I really hope that in a few days we receive their letter by mail.