Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Frenchrock,
I filed my application on March 10 and I can't log into eCAS. Can you tell me exactly how you logged in? I have tried with a receipt number that is in the format RXXXXXXXXX (R followed by 9 numbers) combined with my sponsor's surname and birth information. Is this how you were able to log in? Also, are you applying to Quebec by any chance? I get the feeling that perhaps the timing is different, even for this initial process...

Thanks
ab

frenchrock

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Massena, New York, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04-06-2010
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
waived
Med's Done....
26-04-2009 (expired/waived)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2010
LANDED..........
pending
abedelia said:
Frenchrock,
I filed my application on March 10 and I can't log into eCAS. Can you tell me exactly how you logged in? I have tried with a receipt number that is in the format RXXXXXXXXX (R followed by 9 numbers) combined with my sponsor's surname and birth information. Is this how you were able to log in? Also, are you applying to Quebec by any chance? I get the feeling that perhaps the timing is different, even for this initial process...

Thanks
ab
abedelia,

I logged in using the RXXXXXXXXX Receipt Number. I tried with my spouse's married surname and birthday and it finally worked. My wife moved from Quebec to Ontario, so she's based in Ottawa now. Haven't spoken to anyone about their experiences from Quebec, so I couldn't comment on that with any validity. But it sounds like they're sorting them to some degree, and some piles are being worked quicker than other piles. That's my best guess.

March 10th...wow. Wish I could explain it...we stressed enough while waiting for ours, so I can only imagine what you're feeling. :(

can_80_n

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Quebec, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-09-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2010
For Quebec apps, it seems to definitely be taking longer. Take a look at Dralon and Arcuva. Those guys are going through Quebec, applied on Feb 17th and only were able to log onto ecas last weekend so I wouldn't stress too much yet if you've applied through Quebec and your application was received after Feb 17th.

Mine was received on March 3rd and still nothing (going through Quebec). But based on Dralon and Arcuva, I should be able to logon within the next 2 weeks *fingers crossed*.

Good luck to all!

abedelia

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can_80_n and frenchrock, this is very comforting.
I've just been frustrated wondering if I'm not putting in the right information, they don't have my application, etc....
It sounds like it truly may just be a matter of waiting a couple more weeks. I can live with that!
I'll post when something happens, for sure!!!
Thanks!!
ab

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
can_80_n said:
For Quebec apps, it seems to definitely be taking longer. Take a look at Dralon and Arcuva. Those guys are going through Quebec, applied on Feb 17th and only were able to log onto ecas last weekend so I wouldn't stress too much yet if you've applied through Quebec and your application was received after Feb 17th.

Mine was received on March 3rd and still nothing (going through Quebec). But based on Dralon and Arcuva, I should be able to logon within the next 2 weeks *fingers crossed*.

Good luck to all!

I have for recite # C followed by 9 digits. Hmmmmmmmm

samrupl

Mar 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
calgary_flames said:
Our Ecas changed to "In Process" on April 15 and they sent letter to my wife in India on April 16. They only send one letter to sponsor (sponsorship approval letter) and all other communications goes to PR applicant.
thanks a lot again for the information, my status hasnt changed yet, its still coming not available :'(
hows everything at your end?

accusia

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/3/2010
AOR Received.
29/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/04/2010
Med's Done....
27/2/2010
Passport Req..
18/5/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/6/2010
hey guys
my husband ( sponsor) got the approval letter yesterday on 29/4/10 at calgary it took 9 days to reach us . it says that u have been approved for sponsoring ................on 21/4/2010 and the file has been send to new delhi visa office on 21/4/2010.
and it was also mentioned that

" WHILE THE APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE HAS FOUND TO MEET MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR COMPLETENESS UNDER THE IMMIGRATION ACT, THE VISA OFFICE MAY, WHERE NECESSARY , REQUEST ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION FROM YOUR REALTIVE."

this thing on that letter is really bothering me , what should i expect now , is this a normal pattern of every letter they sent? are they going to ask me for some more documents or proofs coz i know that we have not given enough photographs of both of us . i have only attached the pics of wedding and engagement few mails and telephone bills . but i think they will ask us for the post wedding pics too which actually we dont have . my husband went back to canada just after 15 days of our wedding and at that time i didnt know that we should collect and take pics of both of us together.

i m really getting worried now ........... please suggest what am i suppose to do

samrupl

Mar 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
accusia said:
hey guys
my husband ( sponsor) got the approval letter yesterday on 29/4/10 at calgary it took 9 days to reach us . it says that u have been approved for sponsoring ................on 21/4/2010 and the file has been send to new delhi visa office on 21/4/2010.
and it was also mentioned that

" WHILE THE APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE HAS FOUND TO MEET MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR COMPLETENESS UNDER THE IMMIGRATION ACT, THE VISA OFFICE MAY, WHERE NECESSARY , REQUEST ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION FROM YOUR REALTIVE."

this thing on that letter is really bothering me , what should i expect now , is this a normal pattern of every letter they sent? are they going to ask me for some more documents or proofs coz i know that we have not given enough photographs of both of us . i have only attached the pics of wedding and engagement few mails and telephone bills . but i think they will ask us for the post wedding pics too which actually we dont have . my husband went back to canada just after 15 days of our wedding and at that time i didnt know that we should collect and take pics of both of us together.

i m really getting worried now ........... please suggest what am i suppose to do
You are not suppose to do anything. just relax; its standard. everyone gets the same thing written on the letter. btw congrats ;)

accusia

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/3/2010
AOR Received.
29/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/04/2010
Med's Done....
27/2/2010
Passport Req..
18/5/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/6/2010
thanks samrupl

i really wish everything will be fine............. thanks a lot dear and good luck

samrupl

Mar 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
accusia said:
thanks samrupl

i really wish everything will be fine............. thanks a lot dear and good luck
good luck to u too my dear ;). everything goona be fine its just matter of time. :)

ucalgary

Apr 8, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2010
File Transfer...
15-04-2010
Passport Req..
27-04-2010
I got the same thing written in our letter, accusia; I believe everyone gets the same template. So don't worry, it should be fine. :)

zohreh.ty

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

yesterday I received a letter from my local visa office (Damascus) with my file number on it. Is it usual? I never heard it from others and I thought they just email when they need the passport or any additional document..
anyone else has the same letter??

thanks..

Ali_427

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I just checked the website and it is alive and it said decision made and letter was mailed on the 28th of April, that means the paper weren't missing anything right and it will be forwarded to my home country now ?

Also they they had one of numbers in Postal Code wrong, how do I get that fixed ?

Thanks
Ali

alisa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zohreh.ty said:
Hi guys,

yesterday I received a letter from my local visa office (Damascus) with my file number on it. Is it usual? I never heard it from others and I thought they just email when they need the passport or any additional document..
anyone else has the same letter??

thanks..
I got the same letter from Buffalo office. It is usual.