+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for July 2011 applicants

M

magpie

Shamsia from what I read he has left the site. I think it appears more serious than is spoken. I do not think that it is proper to take our frustrations out on others. He must be feeling the same as the rest of us.

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
I think keep going over it will only add fuel to the fire magpie so lets just move on now, yes we said our peace thats all part of the forum, it cant always be happy happy, we are all here to support eachother good or bad and have our say when things upset us.

I am not going to apologise for having an opinion, Im sure if I had done something that dutchboy totally did not agree with he would have let me know about it as well, without knowing him personelly no-one can say he wouldnt have.

So with all due respect to this thread please lets drop it now, we are all allowed our opinions and the pent up frustrations of being away from our other halves is really bad. Things, sometimes can and will get out of hand, its a forum it happens. But to clarily and then I will say no more on this, Dutchboy did lead us to believe something entirley differnet to what he said was the real reason so he did get some peoples backs up, when he first posted he had got his sponsership, we all were so pleased and our hopes were got up.

So I am not going to speak anymore on this subject and I suggest magpie you let it lie as well as we are all trying to. thanks :)

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
sidkrose said:
Anyone else having a hard time trying to explain this process to people who know nothing about it?

I have had to explain to so many friends and family members, why it takes so long, all the paper work we had to do, and they still don't really get it.

I hate being apart from my partner after we lived together for so long. And the different time zones situation is killing me :( We were never a long distance couple and now that's what we are. It's just hard.

Sorry I'm being so whiny, haha. Sometimes I just want to complain about this whole process, and like I said before, no one understands! :p
My nieghbour came round today as he was going on holiday for 2 weeks to France, he asked me if I was still here before he came back could I put his bins out lol I tried to explain it wasnt that easy and yes I certainly would still be here, ;D

katrinapalacio

Jul 29, 2011
aneyshar i would like to ask if how long it will takes the processing of visa i applied at manila visa office on july 12, 2011 and the pr card it also be paid so when they delivered our visa together with the passport and other documents? visa is my last step.

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
katrinapalacio said:
aneyshar i would like to ask if how long it will takes the processing of visa i applied at manila visa office on july 12, 2011 and the pr card it also be paid so when they delivered our visa together with the passport and other documents? visa is my last step.
You just gave me a scare! We went bonkers when a July applicant got his 'sponsorship approval', and to know that a person applied in July AND got the visa!! I would have stabbed myself. Or jumped off a building. Or better still, stabbed myself while jumping off a buiding!!! :p ;D

Well to answer your question...you should be better off asking it over at the Manila office thread. Here it is: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spouse-family-class-timeline-manila-visa-office-philippines-t40680.0.html

All the very best :)

M

magpie

Shamsia

I believe it was the sponsorship approval and not visa. Just correcting you

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
magpie said:
Shamsia

I believe it was the sponsorship approval and not visa. Just correcting you
And correcting you right back, if you read the last posts of this person, she must have applied a few months ago and gotten her PPR in July & since then she's waiting for her visa. She must have confused the July thread as consisting of people waiting for the visa since July, or something like that...you get the drift :)

And I was just being my silly self back there by 'imagining' that she applied AND got the visa in July... ;D :p

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
magpie said:
Shamsia I stand corrected... my appologies

Awww, no apologies required :)

dakonej

May 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katrinapalacio said:
@ katrinapalacio,

According to your previous posts in numerous threads throughout this forum, it appears that you were requested your passport on July 6 along with other documents and you submitted these on July 12th.

You should allow between 6 to 8 weeks for your passport to be returned with your visa and COPR. As an example, the average passport return period for April applicants from Manila was 72 days.

sidkrose

Apr 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2011
AOR Received.
24-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-12-2011
I'm just wondering if anyone else who is apart from their SO writes letters or cards to them by snail mail? I think writing love letters is such a lost art, no one does it anymore. A couple weeks ago, I found these really pretty peacock notecards at pier1 imports on sale, and I've written my partner letters a couple times. He loves the surprise. It seems like getting personal mail is such a treat now, haha.

Does anyone else do this?

Anna_sol

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Canada, Vaughan
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
File Transfer...
27-09-2011
Med's Done....
23-06-2011
Passport Req..
11-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2012
im not romantic.....

but your ideas are really cool!!! ;)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
sidkrose said:
I'm just wondering if anyone else who is apart from their SO writes letters or cards to them by snail mail? I think writing love letters is such a lost art, no one does it anymore. A couple weeks ago, I found these really pretty peacock notecards at pier1 imports on sale, and I've written my partner letters a couple times. He loves the surprise. It seems like getting personal mail is such a treat now, haha.

Does anyone else do this?
I do it. Bought special stationery and everything, trekked down to the PO for stamps, the whole bit. I love when my husband calls me up and says, guess what came in the mail today?! I think it makes a nice change from the fact that snail mail is pretty much only for bills and government communication nowadays. I also like to buy cards for special occasions, e-cards are great, but they expire, LOL.

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
Im just sending today my OH some new pictures of us all and some new pics of his granddaughter who he is yet to meet, in the parcel is some english chocolate (I converted him from canadian) and a get well card cause all this stress has caused him to have problems with his gallbladder so he is having surgery soon, :'( and a love letter and a lock of my hair and a small bottle of my perfume as he said he misses smelling it.
He doesnt know Im sending them so it will be a suprise for him. :)

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
MandyUK said:
Im just sending today my OH some new pictures of us all and some new pics of his granddaughter who he is yet to meet, in the parcel is some english chocolate (I converted him from canadian) and a get well card cause all this stress has caused him to have problems with his gallbladder so he is having surgery soon, :'( and a love letter and a lock of my hair and a small bottle of my perfume as he said he misses smelling it.
He doesnt know Im sending them so it will be a suprise for him. :)
That' sooo cute!! Especially the lock of hair! I hope he gets better soon! The surprise should do wonders to his spirit :)

The perfume reminds me, before my hubby went back, I asked him to leave back his bottle of cologne. Every time I smell it, it reminds me of the first time we hugged *daydreams* :D