+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for July 2011 applicants

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dakonej said:
Yeah, I wasn't aware that you could contact an MP from without Canada or if you could whether they'd assist with Immigration related questions. The same thing with contacting the CPC at Mississauga by phone, they specify that the Call Centre only serves applicants within Canada as some posters here already confirmed. I think the OP would like us to believe that his was a horrible case deserving some compassion when in reality I've seen other forum members (e.g. kourts in the June thread, British Bulldog in the May thread, and Aneyshar in this thread) going through great anxiety over their cases without getting much information from the CIC.

The OP ought to be considerate of other people's own issues and at least show some courtesy and provide simple information that does not in my view compromise anything with his application, such as the name of the VO. He's free to not give any information but then he should not expect others to comply either.
This was exactly my point as those people you named have not gotten any info especially Aneyshar not even approval yet which sucks since they have now moved on to August applicants

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
Kedeisha said:
Don't rely on eCas too much based on your timeline July 20 was when CPC-M received your application so maybe eCas is only showing the sponsorship part are you logging in with the sponsor's info or the sponsored person info I read logging with the sponsored person info gets you more info or was it the other way around either way eCas is not very reliable but the good news is your VO has your file and it can also be one of the speedy approval I saw a few got approved through your office in about 5 months so fingers cross for u
thank u very much for your reply. for my wife it shows her PR card renewal application in process and for me it says application received on 20th july... by the way we want to send more proof of relationship (as advised by some experts in the forum)to the VO so we need to know whether its received by the VO. thank u again Kedisha

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suva said:
thank u very much for your reply. for my wife it shows her PR card renewal application in process and for me it says application received on 20th july... by the way we want to send more proof of relationship (as advised by some experts in the forum)to the VO so we need to know whether its received by the VO. thank u again Kedisha
To send more proof just label the package with your file # also you may wanna write a letter so they know what it is for

M

magpie

Kedeisha said:
I just find you write A LOT of contradictions you said you are outside of Canada doing the sponsorship, yet you visit your MP which are only located in Canada you said you didn't send skype emails yet you wrote you did and you did not also mention the "supplementary package".

You initially came on this site saying you thought it was to share info yet when you are asked a very simple question as to which VO you respond its not relevant when the question is in fact relevant but to each his own

Again i stand by what I said which was people with speedy process gives others hope going through the same office but since you don't want to share no one can fault you for that
Read my entire post and not what you want to see. I wrote that I was in Canada for 2 month and then came to be with my wife. I did see my MP and I contact him regularly every week using a device that you do not understand called the Magic Jack. As for the VO if I wish to reveal it is my business. I don't care what VO you use only that if you ask a question I will answer if I can with my experience. I don't see you wish well wishes to one of our chat members as he or she is waiting now close to 100 day and still no answer. I do ot believe that my VO and your Vo does processing the same way so VO is not relevent. Each country's VO has to work with different rules according to the country they are working. I have seen on this forum Many people bragging about how quick their VO is and others who wait longer than normal times sit and read the braggards comments. This is distressing to others who wait from different countries where the processing is much slower. As for the processing in Canada read below and hopefully everyone will understand why the wait game with CIC-M. What have you done.

Dear Mr.

I am replying to your e-mail of September 1, 2011, addressed to the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, concerning spousal sponsorship application processing times. I apologize for the delay in responding.

Family reunification is a priority of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of spousal applications as quickly as possible. In addition to meeting the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character, the visa officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada

M

magpie

Dear Mr.

I am replying to your e-mail of September 1, 2011, addressed to the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, concerning spousal sponsorship application processing times. I apologize for the delay in responding.

Family reunification is a priority of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of spousal applications as quickly as possible. In addition to meeting the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character, the visa officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

I understand your frustration at what appear to be unwarranted delays in issuing a permanent resident visa to your wife and her child. The many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like. In addition, processing delays often occur when the information provided is incomplete, or documentation or processing fees are missing. In such situations, immigration officials must stop the processing until they receive the required information from the applicants.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to being granted permanent resident status within a reasonable waiting period after applying. Please be assured that we make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective manner.

For more information on processing times for spousal sponsorships, please visit the CIC Web site.

While I realize that this situation is distressing to you, I trust that the information provided is of assistance.

S. Charbonneau

Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for reply.

leroadrunner

Apr 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
AOR Received.
21-12-2011 In Process: 25-01-2012
File Transfer...
21-11-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2012
magpie said:
Dear Mr.

Family reunification is a priority of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of spousal applications as quickly as possible. In addition to meeting the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character, the visa officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada
Interesting, I also wrote to the Jason Kenney about spousal processing times increasing, lets see if I get the same canned answer. My email was sent...maybe 2 weeks ago, still no response, except the initial we-received-your-inquiry-blah-blah-blah!
:)

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
magpie said:
Read my entire post and not what you want to see. I wrote that I was in Canada for 2 month and then came to be with my wife. I did see my MP and I contact him regularly every week using a device that you do not understand called the Magic Jack. As for the VO if I wish to reveal it is my business. I don't care what VO you use only that if you ask a question I will answer if I can with my experience. I don't see you wish well wishes to one of our chat members as he or she is waiting now close to 100 day and still no answer. I do ot believe that my VO and your Vo does processing the same way so VO is not relevent. Each country's VO has to work with different rules according to the country they are working. I have seen on this forum Many people bragging about how quick their VO is and others who wait longer than normal times sit and read the braggards comments. This is distressing to others who wait from different countries where the processing is much slower. As for the processing in Canada read below and hopefully everyone will understand why the wait game with CIC-M. What have you done.

Dear Mr.

I am replying to your e-mail of September 1, 2011, addressed to the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, conce and rning spousal sponsorship application processing times. I apologize for the delay in responding.

Hmmmm so with a little digging around and being pretty bored working from home today I found 2 stories that look mighty similar and magpie showed up when the other person disappeared and you came in protecting someone you didn't know

ANYWAYS CASE SOLVED HE APPLIED THROUGH KIEV so if you are going through that office there is good news for you someone got approved in a record time good luck to all

magpie said:
Contacted my MP's office and was informed that they had been processing my file since August 11, 2011. My MP contact also informed me that she will call again next Tuesday after she contacts them again. She will also request the Acknowledgement Letter that should have been sent out at time of receipt of application but they do not seem to do it. I have also been directed to forward the above letter to the Honourable Don Davies who is the the NDP member who is the oposition to Mr. Kenney. I have just faxed such to his office so now waiting for response from his office.

I was also informed that they will send my file to the VO on September 11, 2011
dutchboy54 said:
Aneyshar, update the spreadsheet.... August 11, approved Sending to Kiev August 12... Thanks to my MP....

It helps to have a good Member of Parliament who you have a long history with.

Now I can be with my wife and wait with her.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leroadrunner said:
Interesting, I also wrote to the Jason Kenney about spousal processing times increasing, lets see if I get the same canned answer. My email was sent...maybe 2 weeks ago, still no response, except the initial we-received-your-inquiry-blah-blah-blah!
:)

hahaha hope you told them the 69 days wait is crazy and only acceptable if there is a decrease in the outland VO so it makes up :p

M

magpie

Kedeisha said:
Hmmmm so with a little digging around and being pretty bored working from home today I found 2 stories that look mighty similar and magpie showed up when the other person disappeared and you came in protecting someone you didn't know

ANYWAYS CASE SOLVED HE APPLIED THROUGH KIEV so if you are going through that office there is good news for you someone got approved in a record time good luck to all
your guessing and speculations cause damage to people. I hate to say that you are totaly incorrect in your assumtions and if you have not less anal to say then don't. Do I ask your underwear size or the size of your shoes. No one can construe that as a secret also. If you have nothing better to do then find some other place to do it and stop this svinktus crap on others.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
magpie said:
your guessing and speculations cause damage to people. I hate to say that you are totaly incorrect in your assumtions and if you have not less anal to say then don't. Do I ask your underwear size or the size of your shoes. No one can construe that as a secret also. If you have nothing better to do then find some other place to do it and stop this svinktus crap on others.
chill chill calm down

patate

Mar 12, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2011
Geeeeeeeez people... Relax! 8)

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Magpie, I'm only happy for you! Congratulations! I wish everyone a speedy process and unify with their significant others!

Shaun70

Jun 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/07/11
Med's Done....
12/05/11
LANDED..........
11/12/11
LOL, once again July forum turns into an episode of Survivor... ;)

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
Chill out folks, there's nothing to be angry about.

If magpie doesnt want to divulge any information about his application that's perfectly normal and acceptable. We all come here with a certain degree of trust that everybody plays by the "unspoken" rules of conducting ourselves with honesty. The fact that some posters decide to not disclose information is entirely up to them and it's a right that you either use or not.

I have many reasons to be angry and annoyed at the CIC system, yet I wait for my turn to receive information without disparaging other forum members. It's been over 90 days without receiving any information from CIC besides the ambiguous "expect a letter in the mail" of a couple weeks ago. Still, no letter.

I want to ask magpie, how can I use magicjack to call the CIC? I managed to get through the call center the first time, but when I tried a second time, a message said "this toll free number cannot be reached from your calling area". Maybe magicjack can help. At this point I have no other options except wait the "28 days" (yikes!!) the VO will take to respond my formal query.