+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

Panda

Dec 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
24-01-2011
File Transfer...
18-01-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Passport Req..
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2011
LANDED..........
Very Soon...
@ Stuck

In the spouse application kit there is no need to send any negatives along, Just send the 6 photos of the sponsored spouse that would do it, they already ask for more pictures than required ( i.e six ) they need to put pictures on the Confirmation of Landing papers and they also retain few on the file with them.

I hope it helps

Panda

sahi_09

Star Member
Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-11-2010
Passport Req..
24-12-2010
fprince said:
i applied Nov 22, i don't even have a PPR..these f u c kin retards and the way they process files as if they are handing out candies for haloween...here ill get u one and u can that...pathetic..
if i don get my ppr by friday i will go mad, cos i think i have waited enough for a cheap d f u ckin letter !
Hey Fprince..

keep cool yaar,
as i have mentioned in my previous posts, some VO instantly asks for ur PP and then they go on processing ur file.
And some VO first make decision then they will ask for ur PP.
and ofcourse later one are better one.

I wish, when you get ur PPR , and then within 2-3 weeks u will get ur PP back.
So i Suggest wait little more. :)

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
sahi_09 said:
Hey Fprince..

keep cool yaar,
as i have mentioned in my previous posts, some VO instantly asks for ur PP and then they go on processing ur file.
And some VO first make decision then they will ask for ur PP.
and ofcourse later one are better one.

I wish, when you get ur PPR , and then within 2-3 weeks u will get ur PP back.
So i Suggest wait little more. :)
Will do my friend, thanks..you do understand where i am comming from..
thanks for motivating me :)

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
Stuck said:
Hi Guys...

I am in process to collect documents to apply sponsorship for my spouse... I have a question related to Photos submission. In Appendix A "Document Checklist-Immigrant" they have asked for Six (6) recent photos for each family member. Now my question is:

Do we also need to provide the Original Negative for the Photos?

I am not sure if I read in one of their document or I am mixing up this process with other...

Thanks in advance...
Yes my friend, you are mixing the process of Medical exams and Immigrations photos !

The NEGATIVE in CD Format or usual is only for the DMP and only if asked by your DMP.
When i applied for my wife, my DMP in Chennai asked for the negative to be in CD format ( everyone does this in studios in india now, they give u the origional pic in a CD )

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999E.asp
pharagraph - Additional photograph requirements

Persons living in the countries listed below must also provide a negative and two photos (See Photo Specifications section within this document) for themselves and each family member: Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam.

" This is only for your medical exam, immigration is only 6 photos WITHOUT any negative "..if you have already done your medicals don worry............
hope it helps ( again, it could be different in every state in india when i called my DMP them they said the CD was a must..BUT some say pics are ok no need for any negative.. )

F

lama21

Jan 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
22-03-2011
File Transfer...
09-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-01-2011
Passport Req..
30-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2011
LANDED..........
01-06-2011
Yea it actually depends on DMP's in ur state/city, like for my hubby he didn't submitted any negatives, he did mention about that to DMP's about the negative thingy, and they said its not required. Ask ur DMP's and check.
Stuck said:
Hi Guys...

I am in process to collect documents to apply sponsorship for my spouse... I have a question related to Photos submission. In Appendix A "Document Checklist-Immigrant" they have asked for Six (6) recent photos for each family member. Now my question is:

Do we also need to provide the Original Negative for the Photos?

I am not sure if I read in one of their document or I am mixing up this process with other...

Thanks in advance...

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr. David Manicom (Immigration Program Manager (New Delhi), Area Director (South Asia), Department of Citizenship and Immigration):
Thank you, Mr. Chairman. I want to thank the committee for inviting me to speak.

My name is David Manicom, and I am Program Manager of the New Delhi visa office, and Area Director for South Asia. I would like to provide a short overview emphasizing topics which I understand are of most interest to the committee.

New Delhi is Canada's largest visa office, with over 150 staff. We are responsible for delivery of the immigration program in India, Nepal and Bhutan. A satellite office in Chandigarh processes temporary residence applications, primarily from the states of Punjab and Haryana. We operate a network of visa application centres in nine major Indian cities and in Nepal, to facilitate the handling of temporary resident applications. Over 90% of applicants choose to use these centres. On an average business day, we render decisions on over 500 applications —more than one per minute.

While I understand temporary resident programs are not of most direct interest to the committee at this time, I do want to spend a moment on this topic, as it is important to understand the overall operation in Delhi, and how resources are managed.

As has been the case for China, India has barely been affected by the world economic crisis, and its economic growth has continued at a rapid pace. Thus, our visitor, study permit and work permit programs have grown very rapidly in the past decade, roughly tripling in size. This pattern continued in 2010 with an increase of about 20% over 2009 volumes. New Delhi assessed over 93,000 temporary resident applications last year, and will receive over 1,000 passports on peak days.

The program is highly seasonal. Intake in spring is more than triple that in January. We cross-train officers and inject resources from the immigrant units in order to remain current on all temporary resident business lines at all times. Doing so reduces the non-value added work generated by delays, and over time preserves the maximum amount of resources for immigrant processing. It does mean, however, that our unit, which processes skilled workers and investors, will have 13 or so officers in the winter, but only six in the summer.

[English]

Delhi does high-volume processing in a high-potential value-added but high-risk environment, where fraud is endemic. To deal with that situation, we have developed several innovative programs where we work closely with stakeholders to manage risk and facilitate low-risk travellers.

For example, our business express program, in cooperation with about 55 large and reliable firms doing regular business in Canada, provides simplified documentation, 24- to 48-hour processing, and an approval rate of over 98%. We think that's important to help Canada meet its objective of dramatically increasing trade with India as India evolves into an economic global power. By streaming these applications separately, we also realize internal efficiencies, conserving our resources for in-depth review of higher-risk cases.

Our student partners program, inaugurated in New Delhi in 2009, and now with 40 participating community colleges, has succeeded in significantly improving approval rates, quadrupling application volumes and permits issued, while managing risk through stricter documentation and feedback information on actual attendance by the schools.

In each of our temporary resident business lines, processing times are falling and are faster than the global norm. For example, 88% of all visitor visa applications are finalized within one week, and over a third of them within two days.

With regard to permanent residents, India has been Canada's second-largest source of permanent residents in recent years. New Delhi issued over 25,000 permanent resident visas last year. New Delhi has by far Canada's largest family class program and also, unfortunately, the largest inventory of economic category applications.

New Delhi issues about 20% of the global family class visas each year. In our priority category, spouses and dependent children, we finalize 80% of cases within six months and the median is four months.

In the parents and grandparents category, output is managed globally. We process sufficient cases each year to meet the objective assigned to the office. Current processing time at the office is 30 months. This does not include sponsorship time at CPC Mississauga.

The primary challenge in the sponsored spouses program is determining whether or not marriages are genuine. Marriages of convenience are common. However, the large majority of marriages are genuine, with about 85% being approved. The majority of cases do not require interviews. However, we provide extensive training to our officers on local law and custom, and if questions about marriages of convenience arise, officers do lengthy interviews to attempt to ensure there is a genuine relationship. We schedule interviews shortly after receiving the applications so that even cases requiring an interview are not significantly delayed.

With regard to sponsored parents and grandparents, the primary difficulty relates to the misrepresentation of dependent children. Many families in our caseload provide fraudulent documentation showing children are still full-time students, or add unrelated children to their files. As applicants are generally elderly, these cases are also frequently delayed by complex medical conditions.

New Delhi has the largest inventory of skilled worker cases submitted prior to the ministerial instructions. Significant progress was made in 2008-09 in reducing the pre-2008 inventory from over 140,000 persons to about 99,000 today, a decrease of over 30%. The processing time for these cases continues to lengthen, and was at 82 months in 2010. For all but a few months of that time, the cases are not in active process, but consume resources through managing correspondence. Owing to the number of new cases submitted under ministerial instructions, we processed few old inventory cases in 2010.

Indian nationals are the highest-volume applicants under the current ministerial instructions. At the present time, we are devoting all available resources to the quick processing of new cases received pursuant to Bill C-50. In 2010 we finalized 80% of all these cases within 10 months. Given the volume of intake under the first set of ministerial instructions, we will not be able to further reduce the inventory of older cases this year.

New Delhi issued over 11,900 skilled worker visas in 2010, an increase from about 8,300 in 2009.

(0915)

I would also like to note that New Delhi is quickly becoming one of the major source countries for provincial nominee programs. This program was quite small in India until recently, but tripled in size between 2008 and 2010.

Finally, I understand that the committee has a particular interest in the federal investor program. This program was very small in New Delhi in the past, with few applications prior to 2007. Intake has increased significantly in the past two years. Given our very large skilled worker inventory, and the largest global family class program, we are not able yet to give a high priority to this new caseload. In 2010 we processed 80% of cases within 28 months, somewhat faster than the global average. We approved only about half of the cases in 2010.

We believe this recent increase is primarily due to the priority afforded to the investor applicants over other business immigration categories. The applicants are mainly small farmers with landholdings of 10 acres or so. This profile of individual previously applied in the self-employed category, but as our processing in that category is much slower, they are shifting into the investor category. Due to the rising cost of land on the margins of major Indian cities, these small farmers, mainly in the Punjab, can now meet minimum net worth requirements, and normally have at least five farmhands to meet the minimum employee requirements.

The percentage of investor program applicants who are major business persons of high net worth is very small.

(0920)

[Translation]

This is a quick tour d'horizon of just some of our programs. We are working hard to advance Canada's interests in India. I would be happy to answer any questions the committee might have.

Thank you, Mr. Chairman.

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are putting imigrant resources to other visas from time to time to meet their timelines and targets which delays Family class.

Unfortunate.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
The primary challenge in the sponsored spouses program is determining whether or not marriages are genuine. Marriages of convenience are common. However, the large majority of marriages are genuine, with about 85% being approved. The majority of cases do not require interviews. However, we provide extensive training to our officers on local law and custom, and if questions about marriages of convenience arise, officers do lengthy interviews to attempt to ensure there is a genuine relationship. We schedule interviews shortly after receiving the applications so that even cases requiring an interview are not significantly delayed.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
It has been exactly 100 days since i applied...
No PPR today :-(
Waiting and hoping some miracle will happen by friday...

Shreenath

Mar 2, 2011
Hi guys,

I am Shreenath. Got my AOR for stage 2 from ND CHC on Jul. 22, 2010. No news from them nor change in the status on their website, says "Recd docs by visa office". Have any of you received medicals who have applied for stage 2 in this time period?

Regards,
Shreenath

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
Shreenath said:
Hi guys,

I am Shreenath. Got my AOR for stage 2 from ND CHC on Jul. 22, 2010. No news from them nor change in the status on their website, says "Recd docs by visa office". Have any of you received medicals who have applied for stage 2 in this time period?

Regards,
Shreenath
What CAT is this? is this for spouse or for parents/children etc?
Your wait time is way too much if you are sponsoring your wife.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
@ nylalisa

Did your husband get a letter yet? Do they even send a letter for interview or do they list all the details on Ecas?

kenny4

Feb 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-2010
File Transfer...
01-11-2010
Med's Done....
10-08-2010
Passport Req..
02-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
My wife got a call from the CHC in New Delhi today requesting her to send her passport. She confirmed that the number calling was the CHC (91-11-41782000). She has already mailed her passport to the CHC with a cover letter. However, I have never heard of anyone getting a call instead of a letter. Just a little concerned about the legitimacy of the call.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
kenny4 said:
My wife got a call from the CHC in New Delhi today requesting her to send her passport. She confirmed that the number calling was the CHC (91-11-41782000). She has already mailed her passport to the CHC with a cover letter. However, I have never heard of anyone getting a call instead of a letter. Just a little concerned about the legitimacy of the call.
ND does all crazy things, but congrats man.
Did they verify anything or did they just ask her to send the PP.
I am wondering how can they request a passport without a file number as usually they issue the file number in the PPR unless your wife already has a file number through a letter..can you share more details, cos if this is a new trend cos of postal delays i can prepare my wife to watch out for a phone call.

sahi_09

Star Member
Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-11-2010
Passport Req..
24-12-2010
kenny4 said:
She got call from right number.
She should have told him/her that you sent them passport already, giving them tracking details showing that its delivered at CHC on what date.

This is normal , coz they receive huge numbers of mails daily, and it take several days (10 - 15 days) to reach VO desk.

No Need to worry now, the VO who called you now knows that you had sent it already, now he will find out her PP from mail section.

Best of Luck Guys,

take care