+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010 (sent July 29)
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2010 (mailed out on 26-10-2010) recv Oct 28
1-2 weeks??? I emailed then yesterday morning, and got a reply today...not bad...btw- why don't u email, its been a while for you as well!

Based on what u have seen how long has it taken for ppl to hear back????

deep8885

Aug 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats minku :) lucky u got reply that fast :)

I emailed them Friday and still no reply y?? ;(

xyrus

Jun 24, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-08-2010, USA PCC - sent on Sept. 1st
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
18-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-04-2010
Passport Req..
08-07-2010 (Sent to Visa Office on 21-07-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2010 (Rec'd PP: 16-10-2010)
LANDED..........
22-10-2010
minku9 said:
1-2 weeks??? I emailed then yesterday morning, and got a reply today...not bad...btw- why don't u email, its been a while for you as well!

Minku9, check out the quote below. Passport was received 5 days after receiving "final review" reply from CHC! Hope its the same for u and dilneet! Good Luck guys! It also interesting to note in the quote below that eCAS still stated "In Process" after visa was issued!

bythebook said:
We just got our visa today so wanted to give everyone my time-line as I have spent the past 3 months counting forward and backwards from other peoples time-lines! ;D

April 1, 2010: Mississauga received Application
April 30, 2010: Decision Made
May 2, 2010: ECAS Activated For the First Time
May 21, 2010: New Delhi Started Processing
May 24, 2010: ECAS shows In-Process for PR
May 26, 2010: AOR and Passport Request by Letter
June 4, 2010: Passport Submitted
June 19, 2010: Received Pictures
June 30, 2010: Sent Case-Specific Inquiry Email
July 5, 2010: Received email stating that application was under final review
July 6, 2010: Visa Issued
July 10, 2010: Received Passport

As of July 10, 2010, My ECAS still reads In-Process. ::)

I mentioned the email that we sent because I find it interesting that our visa was issued the day after we got a response from them. Whether the email helped or not, I really don't know. I just figured it didn't hurt to try!

;D

xyrus

Jun 24, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
18-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-04-2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
22-10-2010
deep8885 said:
Congrats minku :) lucky u got reply that fast :)

I emailed them Friday and still no reply y?? ;(
U are ahead of all of us! We get more disappointed to see that people ahead of us are still waiting! Hope u get it next week! Honestly, we will be relieved too! Good Luck...

Rachel

Dec 18, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI(Dependent child )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-5-2010
AOR Received.
28-6-2010(Missisauga)
File Transfer...
22-6-2010
Med's Done....
30-3-2010
Passport Req..
30-7-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-8-2010 ( GOT IT ON 27-8-2010)
minku9 said:
Ok, so i broke down and emailed CHC ND and they replied back saying that my application is under "FINAL REVIEW"...i have pasted the email below for all...good luck to all!!!

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

We acknowledge that our office has received ONE original passport for this application.

Due to the high volume of correspondence received by this office, it generally takes several days following receipt to process passports and place them on file. The file is then directed to the attention of a processing team, where it may take several more days for a final review to take place to ensure all requirements have met for visa issuance.

This file is currently pending final review by the responsible processing team and a decision by the officer. As soon as the review has taken place, our office will contact the applicants in case any further documentation or information is required. If the officer is satisfied all requirements have been met, visas will be issued, following which we will return the passports to the applicant by registered mail. Kindly note that it can take several days for registered mail to reach its destination.

Please be advised that all statutory requirements must be met before we can issue visas. We therefore cannot provide you with a precise date by which this application will be finalized and the passports returned. Your continued patience is appreciated. We can assure you that we give the highest processing priority to cases which are ready for visa issuance for which passports have been submitted. Until we contact the applicant, either to request additional documents or information or to return the passports, we will not be able to respond to further enquiries.

We trust that this information will be of assistance
Its a great news after a couple of dull days over here...Its good that you emailed them and now u know at what stage you are and it also enlightens our spirits!
BTW, some get response to thier email fast whereas some dont....i think the cases which are under final review get sooner reply than those who are still in background checks! Any thoughts on this?

Maybe,I will also email them if i see no update on coming tuesday!

@Xyrus, do email them...i just wanna know at what stage ur file is in! :)

xyrus

Jun 24, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
18-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-04-2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
22-10-2010
Hah...just spoke to the boss, i.e., WIFE! she's still not keen on BUGGING them as she calls it! The horror of our previous app. is still haunting her so I do understand her fear! I keep updating her about u all and about the response u all r getting. Hence, after much persuasion, we set a deadline of 2 weeks more n then i'll shoot an email i.e., in the week of Sept. 5 to 11th! Rachel, hopefully, the coming week brings good news to all of us! Good Luck....

I think the processing steps are:
>1 Initial Review (Check for relationship genuineness, completed app. forms, etc.)
>2 Background checks and medical checks
>3 Final Review (Not quite sure what this step entails)......

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
minku9 said:

Good to see that you got final review reply....I emailed them last time on 12 Aug, I got the reply that Background checks are going on..I had emailed them twice...Now I am not gonna email them and will wait for visa only....Dilneet got final review reply on 12 Aug and she is still waiting....you will get an estimate the day she receives her passport....

I wish all best of luck!!!

S4

Jul 20, 2010
Hello all,
I sent them an email on Tues and got an automated reply in a few mins.
And today I got another email with the same reply as the earlier post, that it is under review and they will despatch passports after all processed!!!
I guess they will soon get tired of the many e mails we all will send.
I sent in my passports in July 6th and they sent them back after 3 weeks saying they need fresh medicals.
and now it has all been sent and recd by them on the 12th Aug !!!

So I know we sound impatient but because we already had sent it to them in July and it was just a waste of time, they should have let us know earlier about expired medicals instead of asking for the passports.

Anyway , hoping we all get it real soon.......so agonising the wait!!!!

Has anyone got their passports back without a visa after the medicals and passports sent in for final step???
::)

B

boyee6576

do people get request for medicals and passport at the same time? We are waiting for the letter ot have a medical redo as its expired ( appealed case) They have not ask for his passport yet so I was kind of wondering what process point we are at now. Is is security checks? We send them updated forms and PCC. Do they have to have the medical to do the security? I dont know how it goes and cant seem to find anything out. Any ideas?

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010 (sent July 29)
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2010 (mailed out on 26-10-2010) recv Oct 28
@Dilneet - did u hear any good news, u got email response on 12, correct?? Good luck and kepp us posted! ;D :D

Aug 19, 2010
Hello Guys,

I have recently joined this forum and I am following this thread for quite a while. I am from Edmonton and sponsored my wife from Chandigarh, India. Here is my time lines:

Sent Application to Mississauga: 24th April, 2010
Medicals requested: 1st June, 2010
Medicals sent: 17th June, 2010
Sponsorship approved date: 24th June, 2010

Sent email to New Delhi on status of application and they said that they started processing the application on 16th July. My wife got passport request letter on 29th July, she sent passport and New Delhi CIC received it via courier on 2nd August.

I had sent them an email regarding the status on 17th Aug and this is what they have to say, can anybody tell me what is means. My wife has studied in Australia for 2 years as well, how much time on average do CIC take for background checks from the date passport is received by them?

"This is in response to your recent email inquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

This is in response to your request for an update on the status of your application. We do our best to make sure everyone who has applied to immigrate to or visit Canada is provided with effective and efficient service. We receive an enormous amount of correspondence daily. Although we would like to respond to all of it, we recognize that it takes resources away from processing applications, which leads to longer processing times. As a result, we do not provide detailed replies to applicants requesting a status update on their application.

Applicants can also check the Processing Times page on our website for information about how long it takes for applications in the same category to be finalized.

Please note that changes in the volume of new applications received and in the resources available to process them can lead to shorter or longer processing times. Some applications, owing to their complexity, take longer to process than others. Processing could be delayed by any of the following factors:

- An interview is required
- The applicant has not complied with a request for documents or information
We are awaiting the results of background checks or verifications
A medical examination and/or treatment is required

Applications are processed in the order in which they were received. If any action is required on your part, we will contact you using the contact information you have provided on your application.

If there has been a change of your marital status, family configuration, or address, you may update your application, but we request that you send a signed request by mail, fax, or scanned e-mail attachment (see our contact information below).

Please provide the following information in all correspondence with our office:

- the subject of your message
- applicant’s full name (SURNAME, Given names)
- date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
- country of citizenship
- file number [letter followed by a nine-digit number]
- telephone number, including area code,
- fax number, including area code,
- mailing address,
- email address (if you wish us to correspond with you by email)

If you are making an enquiry on behalf of a friend or relative, please note the Canadian Privacy Act prohibits the disclosure of personal information from our files without the written consent of the person concerned. Information may only be disclosed to a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident specifically named by that person, or to an authorized representative.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum to help us serve you better.

We trust that this information will be of assistance."

Let me know what you think guys/gals as your time lines are very similar to mine.

Cheers,
Edmonton_Sardar

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
edmonton_sardar said:
Hello Guys,

I have recently joined this forum and I am following this thread for quite a while. I am from Edmonton and sponsored my wife from Chandigarh, India. Here is my time lines:

Sent Application to Mississauga: 24th April, 2010
Medicals requested: 1st June, 2010
Medicals sent: 17th June, 2010
Sponsorship approved date: 24th June, 2010

Sent email to New Delhi on status of application and they said that they started processing the application on 16th July. My wife got passport request letter on 29th July, she sent passport and New Delhi CIC received it via courier on 2nd August.

I had sent them an email regarding the status on 17th Aug and this is what they have to say, can anybody tell me what is means. My wife has studied in Australia for 2 years as well, how much time on average do CIC take for background checks from the date passport is received by them?

"This is in response to your recent email inquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

This is in response to your request for an update on the status of your application. We do our best to make sure everyone who has applied to immigrate to or visit Canada is provided with effective and efficient service. We receive an enormous amount of correspondence daily. Although we would like to respond to all of it, we recognize that it takes resources away from processing applications, which leads to longer processing times. As a result, we do not provide detailed replies to applicants requesting a status update on their application.

Applicants can also check the Processing Times page on our website for information about how long it takes for applications in the same category to be finalized.

Please note that changes in the volume of new applications received and in the resources available to process them can lead to shorter or longer processing times. Some applications, owing to their complexity, take longer to process than others. Processing could be delayed by any of the following factors:

- An interview is required
- The applicant has not complied with a request for documents or information
We are awaiting the results of background checks or verifications
A medical examination and/or treatment is required

Applications are processed in the order in which they were received. If any action is required on your part, we will contact you using the contact information you have provided on your application.

If there has been a change of your marital status, family configuration, or address, you may update your application, but we request that you send a signed request by mail, fax, or scanned e-mail attachment (see our contact information below).

Please provide the following information in all correspondence with our office:

- the subject of your message
- applicant's full name (SURNAME, Given names)
- date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
- country of citizenship
- file number [letter followed by a nine-digit number]
- telephone number, including area code,
- fax number, including area code,
- mailing address,
- email address (if you wish us to correspond with you by email)

If you are making an enquiry on behalf of a friend or relative, please note the Canadian Privacy Act prohibits the disclosure of personal information from our files without the written consent of the person concerned. Information may only be disclosed to a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident specifically named by that person, or to an authorized representative.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum to help us serve you better.

We trust that this information will be of assistance."

Let me know what you think guys/gals as your time lines are very similar to mine.

Cheers,
Edmonton_Sardar
CIC will reply to Applicant only, If you haven't send email from Wife's id then you can send email from her id and ask the status.

I can see that its similar email which we get that background checks are required blah blah...

I submitted mt passport on 14 July & send them email on 12th Aug. They replied that B checks r going on.. for full content check previous pages of this thread...

Wish you early visa Stamping....

Rachel

Dec 18, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-5-2010
AOR Received.
28-6-2010(Missisauga)
File Transfer...
22-6-2010
Med's Done....
30-3-2010
Passport Req..
30-7-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Hi all,

I heard that Delhi is having heavy downpour right now and many areas are flooded...ND residants just tell us howz d situation there?
Will this slow down ND CHC processing our files? Will they hold a bit for the rains to get mild so that our PPs and other correspondance that they
send doesnt get lost in rains? Any inputs?

Rocky636

Jan 7, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th May 2010
Doc's Request.
23-August-2010 Asked RPRF & Pics return back
AOR Received.
23-June-10
File Transfer...
18-June-2010
Med's Done....
24-March-2010
Interview........
11-August-2010
Passport Req..
8-July-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-December-2010
LANDED..........
21-January-2011
Hi Rachel,
No No don't be worry about any slowdown
New Delhi is safe it's just some outer area of new Delhi and the 80% area in danger just slum area who live in slum next to river.
other wise no any issue plus Canada embassy far away from yumna river lol :)

Rachel

Dec 18, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-5-2010
AOR Received.
28-6-2010(Missisauga)
File Transfer...
22-6-2010
Med's Done....
30-3-2010
Passport Req..
30-7-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Rocky636 said:
Hi Rachel,
No No don't be worry about any slowdown
New Delhi is safe it's just some outer area of new Delhi and the 80% area in danger just slum area who live in slum next to river.
other wise no any issue plus Canada embassy far away from yumna river lol :)
Oh great!! thanks for sharing about the situation there...wish u gud luck...
@All,
Best of luck for 2moro guys...hopefully many might c an update on Ecas 2moro... :)