+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhaleem said:
There should be something that we can do about this. Its really unreasonable that they request the passport in advance and don't even look at the application for months. I wanted to go away with my husband, but because he didn't have his passport we were forced to stay within India. It seems efficiency is just taken out of this process! I just hope they get moving with the applications and stop making people wait for no good reason <sigh>.
Totally agree; it wreaks havoc with so many people who are residing outside India or who have to travel.

fayou

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 19, 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 7, 2013
Hi guys

Speaking of travel history, my spouse has a travel history of 4 years between Saudi Arabia to India. Actually she was born in Saudi and travel between India and Saudi until the age of 4 and never travelled after that. Should I include that on the Detail Foreign travel forum? Also will that increase the processing time?

Thanks

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashunandal said:
Hello everyone :-*
can you please add your travel history to your timeline just like me and kiwinijjar (thnx kiwi) (so we can calculate approximate waiting time based on recent DM)
thanks and best of luck :)
Done!

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went &quot;in process&quot; same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
fayou said:
Hi guys

Speaking of travel history, my spouse has a travel history of 4 years between Saudi Arabia to India. Actually she was born in Saudi and travel between India and Saudi until the age of 4 and never travelled after that. Should I include that on the Detail Foreign travel forum? Also will that increase the processing time?

Thanks
hi fayou
im not sure but i think they just count travel history after age of 18. you need to confirm with CIC and its not going to increase your processing time for sure :)
good luck :)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went &quot;in process&quot; same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
amira_mais said:
thnx :) i gave you +1 rating for that :-*
best of luck :)

fayou

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 19, 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 7, 2013
ashunandal said:
hi fayou
im not sure but i think they just count travel history after age of 18. you need to confirm with CIC and its not going to increase your processing time for sure :)
good luck :)
I will confirm with CIC

Thanks ashunandal :)

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Hey Congrats...I am travelling to INDIA next weekend and we will be back by the end of month here in Canada...I am all excited for our first maiden International Trip together...

CanadiansWife said:
Hey!!!!!! Did you guys miss me??? I have been away from this forum for the past 10 days because my husband came into town to visit me, and we finally went on our honeymoon- we went to Orlando, Florida. My husband is leaving tomorrow to go back to Canada :(

Before he came though, I was always thinking that- "wouldn't it be cool if I got my decision made while he is here to visit me?" How awesome would that be??? Panda and I were talking about it!

WELL, GUESS WHAT GUYS???????????????? Yesterday morning (May 7th) when I woke up next to my husband, I logged into CIC and it says "Decision Made" !!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I will assume that it is "approved" since I did not get any interview!

Let's see how long it takes for my passport to come from the office. How long does it usually take to get the passport back from the office to a New Delhi address?

And congrats SRINIVAS for the approval of your wife's visa, and everyone else who recently got their approval!

I will read back on this forum tomorrow, to see what I have missed

Borntowin

Aug 4, 2011
Jai Hind
Category........
Visa Office......
Capital Of India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 APR 2011
Doc's Request.
16 JUN 2011 &amp; 04 AUG 2011
AOR Received.
10 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
21 MAY 2011
Med's Request
01 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
15 FEB 2012
Interview........
15 MAY 2012 (SECURITY INTERVIEW)
Passport Req..
04 JUL 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 MAY 2012
LANDED..........
BY ALMIGHTY GRACE ; LANDED GTA SAFELY ON 18 MAY 2012 ! Recvd PR Card on 17 July.
CanadiansWife said:
Hey!!!!!! Did you guys miss me??? I have been away from this forum for the past 10 days because my husband came into town to visit me, and we finally went on our honeymoon- we went to Orlando, Florida. My husband is leaving tomorrow to go back to Canada :(

Before he came though, I was always thinking that- "wouldn't it be cool if I got my decision made while he is here to visit me?" How awesome would that be??? Panda and I were talking about it!

WELL, GUESS WHAT GUYS???????????????? Yesterday morning (May 7th) when I woke up next to my husband, I logged into CIC and it says "Decision Made" !!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I will assume that it is "approved" since I did not get any interview!

Let's see how long it takes for my passport to come from the office. How long does it usually take to get the passport back from the office to a New Delhi address?

And congrats SRINIVAS for the approval of your wife's visa, and everyone else who recently got their approval!

I will read back on this forum tomorrow, to see what I have missed
Congrates and wishing both of you prosperous future at Canada.

indian_spouse

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
16th march 2012
Med's Done....
8 Dec 2011
Passport Req..
27th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 June 2012( DM)
LANDED..........
12-14 July 2012
many congrats!! god bless :)

srinivas.vadapalli said:
Hey Congrats...I am travelling to INDIA next weekend and we will be back by the end of month here in Canada...I am all excited for our first maiden International Trip together...

abad.vs

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24, 2011
File Transfer...
June 30, 2011
Interview........
April 16, 2012
Passport Req..
August 28, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2012 :D :D
Hey,
Anyone know how much time it takes after Interview?? cause I have been told that i will get response in 2 weeks soon they receive Medical and PCC which they have received it 13 days back (9working Days)???

Please advice guys as this waiting and In process status kills!!!

zhaleem

Apr 30, 2012
Has anyone tried contacting their local MP (in Canada) to get more information about the application. I have heard mixed stories about contacting MP and have application delayed, just wondering if anyone has tried that avenue?

indian_spouse

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
16th march 2012
Med's Done....
8 Dec 2011
Passport Req..
27th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 June 2012( DM)
LANDED..........
12-14 July 2012
hi guys!

pls, pls advice!

remember, i mentioned my name reflecting twice on the ecas.
today i logged in thru client id...

now there, i see only one name... and strange thing.. under decision made for sponsorship approval, which we got on 16th march.. even on the ecas... it was mentioned.. that they sent letter on 16th march... and now it says..'We sent you a letter on May 2, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.' what cud this be??? i am worried?

abad.vs

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24, 2011
File Transfer...
June 30, 2011
Interview........
April 16, 2012
Passport Req..
August 28, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2012 :D :D
Yes, I tried contacting Local MP and he was very helpful.
Soon he has emailed to ND, very next day I have received an email from ND for an Interview. So it's always good to contact MP and discuss your storey with him..

That's what I think..

zhaleem said:
Has anyone tried contacting their local MP (in Canada) to get more information about the application. I have hearing mixed stories about contacting MP and have application delayed, just wondering if anyone has tried that avenue?

zhaleem

Apr 30, 2012
abad.vs said:
Yes, I tried contacting Local MP and he was very helpful.
Soon he has emailed to ND, very next day I have received an email from ND for an Interview. So it's always good to contact MP and discuss your storey with him..

That's what I think..
If you don't mind me asking, who was your MP?

aniadoor

Star Member
Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
File Transfer...
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
14-02-2012 (changed to 'In Process' on 16 April)
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
zhaleem said:
Has anyone tried contacting their local MP (in Canada) to get more information about the application. I have hearing mixed stories about contacting MP and have application delayed, just wondering if anyone has tried that avenue?
For some of them in the forum, MP was quite helpful. In my case I feel like once I contacted MP my status changed to 'In Process'. usually MPs will replay you back asking us to contact them after 6 months