+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

hambzik

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
Aug 21st
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
19 Oct
VISA ISSUED...
wait is over, 12-12-2011
LANDED..........
in Vancouver on 27th Dec. 2011
shamsia said:
It's not really southern. It's just a different take on our bhel puri and palak pakodi. Make the palak pakodi as usual, dipped in besan, but the key is to make it super crunchy, so add a bit of cornflour to a thinner-than-usual-besan batter. Then, top the pakodis up with Imli ki chutney, whipped yoghurt, sev, onions and coriander. Yummmmyy!! ;D
hmmm... It sounds yummy of course. I want to taste it. I will taste it soon, I will try to make it myself.
By the way, My uncle's family is in Guntur, however, I never been there... lol. ya I been to Hyderabad and Bangluru long time ago. I like Hyderabad... its very nice.

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
hambzik said:
hmmm... It sounds yummy of course. I want to taste it. I will taste it soon, I will try to make it myself.
By the way, My uncle's family is in Guntur, however, I never been there... lol. ya I been to Hyderabad and Bangluru long time ago. I like Hyderabad... its very nice.
Hehehe. Yes, it's a nice city. I wish I could visit the whole of India before I leave here. Have only been to Kodaikanal so far. Atleast, the Taj I would wish! :)

hambzik

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
Aug 21st
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
19 Oct
VISA ISSUED...
wait is over, 12-12-2011
LANDED..........
shamsia said:
Hehehe. Yes, it's a nice city. I wish I could visit the whole of India before I leave here. Have only been to Kodaikanal so far. Atleast, the Taj I would wish! :)
Yes its nice to travel in India. I have seen most of North, west and some parts of south India upto Bangluru. However, now you should demand from your Hubby to take you to a new place every time you visit india. It will be fun to go to Taj with your Hubby.

Cheers!

hambzik

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
Aug 21st
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
19 Oct
VISA ISSUED...
wait is over, 12-12-2011
LANDED..........
@ maple, you went for your sweet afternoon nap? lol... Lucky Girl.... most of people here cant even sleep during night and you can enjoy your sleep in day too.... lol...

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
shamsia said:
It's not really southern. It's just a different take on our bhel puri and palak pakodi. Make the palak pakodi as usual, dipped in besan, but the key is to make it super crunchy, so add a bit of cornflour to a thinner-than-usual-besan batter. Then, top the pakodis up with Imli ki chutney, whipped yoghurt, sev, onions and coriander. Yummmmyy!! ;D
sounds yummy. Send some over.

amvk

May 13, 2011
How long does it takes after passport request

here is my time line

applied - Aug 2011 - cpc mississauga
sponsorship approved & file transfer to new delhi - nov 10 ,2011
wife got passport request - dec 1, 2011 & passport sent

how long dies it normally takes after this, medicals done and landing fees paid already

thanks

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
OMG, I was just away for 2 hours and I come back to so much info!! ok, so one by one:

@ Kuku:

Thanks for the clarification, I hope that's the way it'll go since I don't want the "double" medicals to be a reason for confusion for humare ND wale Bhais and Bhenjis! LOL ;)

@ shamsia:

So who needs a workout today?? :p

@ Hambzik:

Hotch is the boss, and we don't mind calling you that ;)

I did not sleep, no lunch today since it's the last week before the students go on a 2 week break so I was running around, meetings, party at school..and then I had to go to the mall to buy a dress for our work X'mas party tomorrow evening, so no nap time today! :(

eb1

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
amvk said:
How long does it takes after passport request

here is my time line

applied - Aug 2011 - cpc mississauga
sponsorship approved & file transfer to new delhi - nov 10 ,2011
wife got passport request - dec 1, 2011 & passport sent

how long dies it normally takes after this, medicals done and landing fees paid already

thanks
it is supposed to take 6months from the time file reached ND, to answer your question..ND is very unpredictable but may be some seniors can help you out..personally I think even god can't predict this time..not jk!!

rozine

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 July-2011
File Transfer...
8 Sep- 2011
Passport Req..
14 Oct- 2011
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan - 2012
eb1 said:
it is supposed to take 6months from the time file reached ND, to answer your question..ND is very unpredictable but may be some seniors can help you out..personally I think even god can't predict this time..not jk!!
the last line is so true :mad:

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
The timeline to the completion of the process is confusing since there are two contradictory statements, courtesy of CIC and CHC-India.

Kindly find below both statements

CIC statement found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

"Processing Times: Family Sponsorship"

This information is updated weekly (step 1) and quarterly (step 2) and shows the time it takes to process an application after we receive a complete application package.

There are two steps in processing family sponsorship applications. In order to know the total approximate time it may take for your application to be processed, ADD the time in step 1 to the time in step 2 (the two steps are consecutive).

And then, this is what CHC-India's statement is, http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/family_class-regroupement_familial.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Sponsored Spouses, Partners, and Children

Processing times for these applications are calculated from the date on which the application is accepted by Case Processing Centre - Mississauga

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
What it says on chc India was true last year but they haven't updated the site for almost 2 years. And even if you say this to an MP they will counter
with the statement from the chc India site processing time will vary base on complexity of individual cases.

mapledreams said:
The timeline to the completion of the process is confusing since there are two contradictory statements, courtesy of CIC and CHC-India.

Kindly find below both statements

CIC statement found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

"Processing Times: Family Sponsorship"

This information is updated weekly (step 1) and quarterly (step 2) and shows the time it takes to process an application after we receive a complete application package.

There are two steps in processing family sponsorship applications. In order to know the total approximate time it may take for your application to be processed, ADD the time in step 1 to the time in step 2 (the two steps are consecutive).

And then, this is what CHC-India's statement is, http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/family_class-regroupement_familial.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Sponsored Spouses, Partners, and Children

Processing times for these applications are calculated from the date on which the application is accepted by Case Processing Centre - Mississauga

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ singhson

Exactly!

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
How about giving a call to chc ND and ask them..

I would like to live with misbelief and would like to count 6 months from CPC M received the application.

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
bureaucracy and politicians are all the same regardless of the country

Question for you guys, I bought my tickets to go down to India to bring my wife back, but I want to surprise her. So is there a bus I can take from Delhi airport to mohali? It will be awesome to see the surprise look on her face, I told her I'm arriving on 26 but I'll be there a day early.

mapledreams said:
@ singhson

Exactly!

gwalyat

Aug 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8APRIL 2011
File Transfer...
19MAY 2011 (REC BY ND)
Interview........
6SEP 2011
Passport Req..
7JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE 11JULY 2012 PP REC...........: 14JULY2012
LANDED..........
20JULY 2012
EASIEST IS IF U BOOK A TAXI FOR THT FRM AIRPORT TO UR HOME, IF U LIKE BUS YES THERE R BUSES BUT NOT DIRECTLY FRM AIRPORT U HAVE TO GO TO MAIN BUS STOP OF DELHI (BUSSTAND)
singhson said:
bureaucracy and politicians are all the same regardless of the country

Question for you guys, I bought my tickets to go down to India to bring my wife back, but I want to surprise her. So is there a bus I can take from Delhi airport to mohali? It will be awesome to see the surprise look on her face, I told her I'm arriving on 26 but I'll be there a day early.