+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

DeLI014

Oct 3, 2014
MoH1979 said:
Hello All,

I'm happy to announce that I got the email this morning that my wife's visa is ready !!! We are so happy and thankful that it is all over . It went in process this morning and boom got the email a few hours later :)

God bless this forum and I'll be eagerly waiting for good news from Lamour , gonja , mekus , lisa and best of luck to NkT in her appeal . Thank you all for your help and encouragement . Special hello to Ghanaboy !

Moh
Yay!! Congratulations Brov!! The journey is drawing closer to the end day by day! :) :) :) :)

DeLI014

Oct 3, 2014
Opester said:
Hubby lands this weekend. Just happy that we are all getting good news. The wait was quite tedious and stressful.
Congratulations Opester!! Finally! Cant wait to be in your shoes! Hope Hubby is settling in nicely! ;D

DeLI014

Oct 3, 2014
ItzMimi said:
Having a terrible cold feet. Advice needed from those who have already settled in Canada... To cut my long story short. My husband is canadian and based here in Nigeria, we ve a son who has also gotten his canadian citizenship and pp here due to the fact that his father is canadian... Now my husband wants us (my son and I) to relocate to Canada for now without him. While he will still be working in Nigeria to support us then join us later... Please, here are a few questions I will like to ask, 1, what is life like in Canada. 2, I have read that its tough getting a proper job. I won't have a problem with starting off with menial jobs, but how do one survive with the little money one gets paid from menial jobs, especially with the fact that canada isn't very cheap to leave in. 3, where are the best Cities/Suburbs to settle. 4, what are the price range of a good 2bed accomodation in a suburb?. 5, what are the prices of creches?. 6, how do you guys survive in the hatch winter?... Please help me with answers so I can make up my mind as to what to do... I need to take that bold step but I'm so scared... Congrats to all those who have successfully gotten their visas, especially Ghanaboy. I followed your story from day one, and was very excited when everything turned out well for u. Thanks in advance for your replies.
Hello ItzMimi, I havnt read the rest of the thread, just incase my comment would sound redundant. Moving is challenging no doubts and all the questions you have are valid. It's a major life changing decision and natural to develop cold feet. One thing I would suggest, cause it worked for my family when we were moving years ago, is to land softly. Come visiting with your hubby to come get a first hand impression of what it looks like;visiting just means an initial short period. If on the other hand, you would like to land ones and for all and not go back, it's best if your husband comes along with you for a duration of time, So you can get the support you would need to settle and make decisions. The first few weeks and month matters and you need all the support to can get to properly get grounded. I.e locate and build a new network of friends/ social support- people find this social network mainly from places like church, there you are linked to people who would give you moral support and information on where to get things, health card, Welcome to Canada- New comer agencies, Professional guidance e.t.c You may not even need to start with a menial job if you get the right support and right information from the Word Go! You wont have to go in circles for years because you didn't get the right information when you first landed. So all in all, please if your hubby would not be settling in Canada with you, It would be great if he can be in Canada with you for at least the first few weeks/ months when you need the most support. Then he can return onces you are settled or beginning to settle down.

DeLI014

Oct 3, 2014
itsmytime said:
Hello everybody, I just got a a mail from accra requesting for my passport, my visa is ready, am soooo happy. Tank God d wait is over. I pray every other person waiting receive good news soon.
A big congratulation to you and your spouse!! And Amen to your prayers too! ;D

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
DeLI014 said:
Yay!! Congratulations Brov!! The journey is drawing closer to the end day by day! :) :) :) :)
Thank you, best of luck to you too. Did you get your passport back from Accra? how long did it take?

DeLI014

Oct 3, 2014
MoH1979 said:
Thank you, best of luck to you too. Did you get your passport back from Accra? how long did it take?
You are welcome! Still waiting on get the passport back. We eventually submitted on the 23 of March, We eventually used VFS, Though DHL is faster. Cos my husband needs to attend an event first week in May before he travels, so we figured we can as well wait. The good news is his status changed from application in process March 5. To Decision made today! April 14. So that means anytime form now his passport would be back in Lagos VFS office. Wont be travelling till first week of May, so that works for us.

itsmytime

Dec 6, 2014
Accra is requesting for updated family information 1mm8 form, advising CIC of any change in my marital status or family and all family members must be listed on the form.
There has been no changes in my marital status or family members.
My question is should I fill this form and attach with my passport when sending it to accra or since no changes this does not apply to me.
Pls I need urgent response, am sending my passport to accra tomorrow
Tanx.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
itsmytime said:
Accra is requesting for updated family information 1mm8 form, advising CIC of any change in my marital status or family and all family members must be listed on the form.
My question is should I fill this form and attach with my passport when sending it to accra or since no changes this does not apply to me.
Tanx.
It's a required form that needs to be completed by everyone during PPR, irrespective of whether there is a change in the family or not. Do as you are told; I don't think you want delay the issuance of your visa by not providing this info. Congrats!
*Mandie*

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
itsmytime said:
Tanx.
Yes itsmytime. Mandie is correct. I remember this same info was asked from older members of this thread. They filled it out, entering same information as the initial form that was submitted and sent it irrespective of the fact that there were no changes in situation.
All the best.

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
itsmytime said:
Tanx.
After filing the form write a letter explaining that there has not being any changes whatsoever in ur family information and atrache to it
All the best

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
itsmytime said:
Tanx.
Don't forget the 2 pictures as well. Those will be used for your PR card.

And yes fill the form and say nothing changed.

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
DeLI014 said:
You are welcome! Still waiting on get the passport back. We eventually submitted on the 23 of March, We eventually used VFS, Though DHL is faster. Cos my husband needs to attend an event first week in May before he travels, so we figured we can as well wait. The good news is his status changed from application in process March 5. To Decision made today! April 14. So that means anytime form now his passport would be back in Lagos VFS office. Wont be travelling till first week of May, so that works for us.
Ok Great. I used DHL and they received it last Thursday (Accra VO). My wife is in Accra so I hope it won't be long until she gets it back.

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
MoH1979 said:
Ok Great. I used DHL and they received it last Thursday (Accra VO). My wife is in Accra so I hope it won't be long until she gets it back.
If ur wife is In accra then expect it the next day when u receive that ur passport is ready for pick up.she only have to delegate dhl same day and by morning 10 they will pick it and she will go get it.lol this is sweet and lovely when u done with cic

Sainteben

Nov 12, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
AOR Received.
14-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
10-09-2015
Med's Done....
16-09-2015
Interview........
Hopefully None
Passport Req..
24-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-16
When is the likely time for November applicants to get MR and do AVO ask for POF again?