+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread Closed

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Married where ? If you were married in India its not same like marrying in Canada. You lied in your application that you are single so you misrepresented which is the ground for losing the PR or even Citizenship. If you get married here in Canada and fill taxes together you will be OK.
That doesn't make sense. If you're claiming that getting married in India is "not same like marrying in Canada", you're basically saying that he did NOT lie (which he did). Otherwise, why is he so worried/concerned now?

Still suggest he talk with a qualified lawyer, instead of expecting those of us here to answer the questions.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Still suggest he talk with a qualified lawyer, instead of expecting those of us here to answer the questions.
I agree. This question is not something that many of us went through and listening to any advise here might not be the best choice in the long run.

Reactions: Ponga

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there is no such document. As the time of landing my spouse was already in canada. because my spouse got PR earlier to mine and i just didn't informed IRCC, about my marriage to avoid delays caused by processing of documents by IRCC.
Exactly. You lied.

Were you married to your spouse before they became a PR?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Idk. This is way outside of my knowledge. They can let it slide (most likely will) or they can go after you, strip you of your PR and deport you (less likely).
They treat marriage misrep quite seriously because that is a big door way for fraud. Someone marrying multiple partners to sponsor someone else. Its best handled by a lawyer.

D

Deleted member 1083629

because my spouse got PR earlier to mine and i just didn't informed IRCC, about my marriage to avoid delays caused by processing of documents by IRCC.
Yes but the issue is that you should have told me that. It's in your RFV letter. You didn't tell them that you got married, you landed as a single applicant when you were married, etc...

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Nope, my spouse got PR while she was single
So while you were getting PR you omitted her name from application, right? I will say she will not face misrep in her application and since you never added her to your application, she will not face misrep there too. Ask a lawyer for a proper answer.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Nope, my spouse got PR as single
If she was in fact single at that time, your spouse didn't make a mistake. She got PR, she met you, she married you while YOUR PR process was in the process, right? If that's the case, she is fine. You are the one who made a mistake

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
@rohetgoel
Also why are you making an id from which it is so easy to make out your name? Do one thing : Go talk to a lawyer. Don't dig the hole deeper for yourself.

Lastly I also smell astro-turf.

Reactions: Ponga
D

Deleted member 1083629

there is no such document
There is. If there is one in Russia, it should exists everywhere. It's called Affidavit of being single or something like that. It's essentially a paper from government that says that you are not married/divorced. If they don't request it in Canada (which would be super bizarre to me) then you can get married in Canada and use it as your marriage date. Again, I have no clue what kind of issues you would run into later on.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Your case is VERY complicated!

In past 2019 you applied for PR, you got PR and one month later you got married and sent a web request for your marriage then some times later you were asking how to update for divorce and now you are back asking for misrep regarding marriage!.!

Man! Get professional help. Forum is not sufficient here. Its too convoluted of situation.

There is a hell lot to your story I guess. I doubt anyone of us has enough depth to properly analyse your immigration situation.

I have applied under Express entry and I have got my COPR and my passport has been stamped on <FULL DATE REMOVED> and the same was valid till <FULL DATE REMOVED> . However I got married on <FULL DATE REMOVED> . And I never came to cabada. i wanted to come with my spouse. I raised case specific enquiry on 6th...
Man, engage a lawyer. You have posted TOO MUCH detail about yourself online. As I said before, do not dig your own hole deeper. There is too much info about you online for an investigator to find who you really are. So do yourself a favour. Ask a lawyer what you should do. And for love of god do not post identifiable information about yourself anymore!.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taran D

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Changing the subject line of your thread, does not make your problem go away. Hopefully, you will pay the money to consult with a qualified lawyer. Maybe consider calling the law firm that generously provides these free forums. Their contact numbers are at the top of the main page.

Reactions: Taran D

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
https://www.canadim.com/blog/marriage-during-express-entry-application/

It is important to note that it is essential to inform the IRCC about changes to your family composition such as a marriage. Failure to do so could have disastrous and long-lasting implications for the applicant.

What will happen if I get married after applying for Canadian PR?

The IRCC mandates that you disclose any changes to your application, including information about dependent spouses. You will then have an option of whether or not to add them as dependents on their own applications. This however will require additional paperwork.

Do I need to inform IRCC about my marriage?

Yes, it is required that you inform IRCC about your marriage. Unfortunately, this is not optional and is something that you must do according to current Canadian immigration rules. Your admissibility depends on your spouse’s admissibility as well. Hence, this is an obligatory step that you must complete regardless or not if your spouse will not accompany you to Canada.

---
https://immigrating-to-canada.com/refusal/removal-order-appeal/skilled-worker-category-misrepresentation/

Yes! It is a significant problem if you became a permanent resident of Canada based on false, excluded or misleading information. Failing to update Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (“IRCC”) that you got married (or perhaps had a spouse or common-law partner when you first submitted your application) could lead to your permanent resident status being revoked.
---

Good luck to you!

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
That doesn't make sense. If you're claiming that getting married in India is "not same like marrying in Canada", you're basically saying that he did NOT lie (which he did). Otherwise, why is he so worried/concerned now?

If you married in India and applied as a single you are not married legally in Canada yes you were married in India but it has nothing to do with Canada. Whatever you declare is your truth I know people who forget to declare their brothers now even their brothers cant get points for relationship.

D

Deleted member 1083629

If you married in India and applied as a single you are not married legally in Canada yes you were married in India but it has nothing to do with Canada. Whatever you declare is your truth I know people who forget to declare their brothers now even their brothers cant get points for relationship.
Your post is super confusing. If one is married in a foreign country and doesn't declare that before landing, then it's a misrepresentation. There is a case of a male nurse who got deported because he lied during the process:

https://www.cp24.com/news/filipino-health-worker-set-to-be-deported-granted-temporary-resident-permit-1.5536679?cache=
Escario came to Canada in 2007 and worked as a live-in caregiver. He became a permanent resident three years later. But after officials found that he did not disclose that he had a wife and a child in the Philippines, they ordered his removal from Canada.

Escario admits that he made a mistake, saying he feared that his application would be delayed in the process.

Also, here: https://moyal.com/misrepresentation-upon-landing-can-lead-to-deportation/. Question 1.

Reactions: YVR123