mian_g

May 24, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
london
LANDED..........
02/07/2014
eemmoo1 said:
When u received this email and what was ur query?
This email was from LVO to provide postal codes in the submitted updated docs and about current job in UK.This was the third such email about updated docs and received on 17/12/12 and required docs delivered at LVO on 21/12/12. In this last email this line was different. I assume may be that updated docs will be ok now.

mian_g

May 24, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
london
LANDED..........
02/07/2014
hinnajamal said:
After the medical, one needs to wait for four months. anyway, in your case, you will get the MR soon if your updated forms are approved. :)
lets hope so as I know about wait time after medical but this 4 months thing was different this time in email. Pray and hope all completes the process successfully and quickly.

jawwad_ali

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dua Karain INSHALLAH
mian_g said:
In my last email from LVO for updated docs there is a new and different sentence "Please allow four months for us to review incoming correspondence. Please do not contact us unless there are significant issues which need to be brought to our attention". This sentence was not there in previous emails. May be pointing to background checks in progress.
Mian Jee may be you find this info from Qorax helpful, i am just pasting it here for your ease. may be you have already read this

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax

SMSH

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2010
Doc's Request.
19-10-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2011
IELTS Request
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
11-06-2011
Med's Request
01-10-2013
Med's Done....
07-10-2013 valid until 09-07-2014
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014 Alhamdulillah
jawwad_ali said:
Mian Jee may be you find this info from Qorax helpful, i am just pasting it here for your ease. may be you have already read this

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
Very well explained

jimmy page

Feb 19, 2012
SMSH said:
Very well explained
In my opinion , background check copy paste reply means: "don't bug us-we ll contact you when we re ready to put u in the next stage" :)

Its been evident, since MI-2 peole are getting PPR-1 after 15 days of medical :) visa officer ke niyat ho, to apka bg check will not take more than 10 days...my dear friend cock n bull visited so many coutries in europe during his case, and his ppr 1 came within a month of medical...so sub drama hai ...its all a reply to keep our mouth shut...otherwise, none of us are criminals, and the criminailty check doesn't take more than 10 days.....it does not take 8-9 months , like they keep telling MI-1 cases....and for MI-2, they do it in 10 days...:) its not possible/logical that FIA (or whichever authorities r involved) they do background check of MI-2 in 10 days, and for MI-1, they take 8-9 months....investigative authorities don't know wat the hell is MI-1 or MI-2...its all controlled by visa office to manage timelines of MI-1 (3 years) and MI-2 (1.5 years) :) ...Others may differ.

WAY

Mar 1, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 22, 2010
Doc's Request.
April 06, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 13, 2010
IELTS Request
Already done
File Transfer...
May 22, 2012
Med's Request
April 09, 2014 (Re-med)
Med's Done....
May 02, 2014 (Re-med)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (May 13, 2014), PPR-2 (Jun 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 27, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 2014, Permanent landing not decided yet
Well nice comments & dicussion going on....:p. Any comments regarding RPRF, does it have to do anything with BG checks???

jimmy page said:
In my opinion , background check copy paste reply means: "don't bug us-we ll contact you when we re ready to put u in the next stage" :)

Its been evident, since MI-2 peole are getting PPR-1 after 15 days of medical :) visa officer ke niyat ho, to apka bg check will not take more than 10 days...my dear friend cock n bull visited so many coutries in europe during his case, and his ppr 1 came within a month of medical...so sub drama hai ...its all a reply to keep our mouth shut...otherwise, none of us are criminals, and the criminailty check doesn't take more than 10 days.....it does not take 8-9 months , like they keep telling MI-1 cases....and for MI-2, they do it in 10 days...:) its not possible/logical that FIA (or whichever authorities r involved) they do background check of MI-2 in 10 days, and for MI-1, they take 8-9 months....investigative authorities don't know wat the hell is MI-1 or MI-2...its all controlled by visa office to manage timelines of MI-1 and MI-2 :) ...Others may differ.

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy page said:

Its been evident, since MI-2 peole are getting PPR-1 after 15 days of medical :) visa officer ke niyat ho, to apka bg check will not take more than 10 days...my dear friend cock n bull visited so many coutries in europe during his case, and his ppr 1 came within a month of medical...so sub drama hai ...its all a reply to keep our mouth shut...otherwise, none of us are criminals, and the criminailty check doesn't take more than 10 days.....it does not take 8-9 months , like they keep telling MI-1 cases....and for MI-2, they do it in 10 days...:) its not possible/logical that FIA (or whichever authorities r involved) they do background check of MI-2 in 10 days, and for MI-1, they take 8-9 months....investigative authorities don't know wat the hell is MI-1 or MI-2...its all controlled by visa office to manage timelines of MI-1 and MI-2 :) ...Others may differ.
Agreed. Recently it has been proved. This all depends on Niyat of VO.

ashrafbwn

Oct 4, 2009
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-March-2010(CIC), Full Docs:06-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
14-April-2010
AOR Received.
15-Sep-2010
@ Those who have responded to PPR1 request:

Did you send passport bio data pages' copy through email or courier?

SMSH

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2010
Doc's Request.
19-10-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2011
IELTS Request
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
11-06-2011
Med's Request
01-10-2013
Med's Done....
07-10-2013 valid until 09-07-2014
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014 Alhamdulillah
ashrafbwn said:
@ Those who have responded to PPR1 request:

Did you send passport bio data pages' copy through email or courier?
Have you received PPR?

ashrafbwn

Oct 4, 2009
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-March-2010(CIC), Full Docs:06-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
14-April-2010
AOR Received.
15-Sep-2010

Altit

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March,2012
Doc's Request.
April,08 2010
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
Noe
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
Dear kashif and friends

Greetings of the New year

Hope every one here will be in good state of health ..

I am looking forward to understand my GCSM Notes which i received today friday , 4th 2013 after wait letter which i received in June, 2012.

MY GCSM Notes states the follwoing:

1.My Due Date for Security Check is: 1 june 2013.
2.HIRV:0

ITEMS REQUESTED:

Items requested 1
Created by:
updated by:
Updated date: 1/6/2012
item.kit/application form
item for :pA
due date is : 26/10/2012

Incoming: 1
item : kit application form
Due Date: 26/10/2012

Notes:

APPERAS MEET ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA.FILE FULLY REVIEWD THIS DATE BY XXX.(FORMS DATED APRIL 5)FOSS CHECK SHOWS THIS FILE ONLY.REVEIWED NO APPERENT CONCERN SELECTION FACTORS: EDUCATIONAL , EMPLOYEMENT LANGUAGE, AND ADAPTABILITY STATUS BEAR OUT POINTS AWARDED.SATISFIED MEETS PASS MARKS OF 67.POF MEETS LICO CRIMINILATY: PC ON FILE.PA: REQUEST UPDATED FORMS AND PHOTOS REQUEST AND UPDATED PC 2 THAN FOR MEDS AND RPRF.

[dear all

kindly help me to understand the following according to my GCSM notes:

item requested: kit/application form:( i did not received any such request from visa office so far).

2. what is the meaning of out going where they have mentioned the date of kit/ application with due date.
3. what is the meaning of in coming: where they again mentioned the due date for : kit/ application which is already passed.

but so far i did not received any mail from the visa office regarding any updated documents or any relevant thing.

in the comprehensive notes it is also mentioned that they will ask for forms updates but no forms received.

no security check criminality check started yet as per the GCSM notes.

address changed: i have requested to change my address which they confirmed in the case inquiry that they have updated in my file my on the GCSM notes no records found.

kindly advice should i need to send again a case specific inquiry.

i will be very thank full to you if the seniors , experts in the forum can help me to understand this .

Thank you and kindest regards

NOC4131

Sep 8, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-14-2010
Doc's Request.
Feb-01-2011 (Doc sent dt)
Nomination.....
Updated Forms + Police Certf sent (May-2014)
AOR Received.
October-2010 (Full Doc request dt)
IELTS Request
Alongwith Full Docs (Feb-01-11)
File Transfer...
6-12 month letter (June 2012),18 month letter (May 2013)
Med's Request
Oct-22-2014
Med's Done....
Oct-30-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-14-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec-05-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah on 5th day of Eid-ul-Fitr 2015
DEAR FRIEND ... IN REFERENCE TO THIS FORUM, AND ACCORDING TO MY KNOWLEDGE,YOUR GCMS NOTES ARE QUITE GOOD.

NOTES EXPLANATION:................(WHICH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF GCMS)
MET ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA (VO SATISFIED)
EDUCATIONAL,EMPLOYMENT,LANGUAGE & ADAPTABILITY BEAR OUT POINTS (VO OFFICER SATISFIED)
PROOF OF FUND MEETS LICO (VO OFFICER SATISFIED...NO REVISED POF REQUIRED)
POLICE CLEARANCE (AVAILABLE IN FILE ... BUT THEY NEED FRESH ONES, FOR YOU & YR SPOUSE)

YOUR DUE DATE (ITS A DATE WHEN YOUR FILE IS GOING TO BE REVIEWED,BUT IN MOST CASES APPLICANTS RECEIVING REQUESTS EARLIER TO DUE DATE) YOUR VISA OFFICER REQUIRED UPDATED FORMS & PHOTOS..WHICH IS BEING ASKED BY YR VO IN NEXT STEP .. AND AFTER RECEIVING THE MENTIONED DOCS BY CIC THEY'L HAVE TO SEND YOUR MEDICAL & RPRF.......THEN PPR1 ...PPR2.....AND AT LAST...... VISA ;)..............THIS TIME VO IS WAITING FOR THE RESULT OF YR CRIMINALITY AND SECURITY CHECKS....SO NO NEED TO SHOOT AN EMAIL AT THIS STAGE......WAIT FOR SOME MORE TIME ... IF U HV SENT YR FULL DOCS TO CIC IN LATE 2010 OR EARLY 2011 ...SO BE CALM BECAUSE GOOD DAYS ARE JUST AHEAD.....AND PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE NEXT STEP(S)......BEST OF LUCK

Altit said:
Dear kashif and friends

Greetings of the New year

Hope every one here will be in good state of health ..

I am looking forward to understand my GCSM Notes which i received today friday , 4th 2013 after wait letter which i received in June, 2012.

MY GCSM Notes states the follwoing:

1.My Due Date for Security Check is: 1 june 2013.
2.HIRV:0

ITEMS REQUESTED:

Items requested 1
Created by:
updated by:
Updated date: 1/6/2012
item.kit/application form
due date is : 26/10/2012

Incoming: 1
item : kit application form
Due Date: 26/10/2012

Notes:

APPERAS MEET ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA.FILE FULLY REVIEWD THIS DATE BY XXX.(FORMS DATED APRIL 5)FOSS CHECK SHOWS THIS FILE ONLY.REVEIWED NO APPERENT CONCERN SELECTION FACTORS: EDUCATIONAL , EMPLOYEMENT LANGUAGE, AND ADAPTABILITY STATUS BEAR OUT POINTS AWARDED.SATISFIED MEETS PASS MARKS OF 67.POF MEETS LICO CRIMINILATY: PC ON FILE.PA: REQUEST UPDATED FORMS AND PHOTOS REQUEST AND UPDATED PC 2 THAN FOR MEDS AND RPRF.

[dear all

kindly help me to understand the following according to my GCSM notes:

item requested: kit/application form:( i did not received any such request from visa office so far).

2. what is the meaning of out going where they have mentioned the date of kit/ application with due date.
3. what is the meaning of in coming: where they again mentioned the due date for : kit/ application which is already passed.

but so far i did not received any mail from the visa office regarding any updated documents or any relevant thing.

in the comprehensive notes it is also mentioned that they will ask for forms updates but no forms received.

no security check criminality check started yet as per the GCSM notes.

address changed: i have requested to change my address which they confirmed in the case inquiry that they have updated in my file my on the GCSM notes no records found.

kindly advice should i need to send again a case specific inquiry.

i will be very thank full to you if the seniors , experts in the forum can help me to understand this .

Thank you and kindest regards

mian_g

May 24, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
london
LANDED..........
02/07/2014
jimmy page said:

Totally agreed with you. In requesting updated docs they were quite prompt and now looks like to be buying time. Anyway the only thing we can do is to wait.

doctor_lahore

Jan 4, 2013
Hello,I am new to this forum. My timeline is applied april 2010,documents sent in aug, processing started in April with wait leter, updated doc request in nov 2012, sent doc in dec 7th

Altit

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March,2012
Doc's Request.
April,08 2010
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
Noe
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
NOC4131 said:
DEAR FRIEND ... IN REFERENCE TO THIS FORUM, AND ACCORDING TO MY KNOWLEDGE,YOUR GCMS NOTES ARE QUITE GOOD.

NOTES EXPLANATION:................(WHICH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF GCMS)
MET ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA (VO SATISFIED)
EDUCATIONAL,EMPLOYMENT,LANGUAGE & ADAPTABILITY BEAR OUT POINTS (VO OFFICER SATISFIED)
PROOF OF FUND MEETS LICO (VO OFFICER SATISFIED...NO REVISED POF REQUIRED)
POLICE CLEARANCE (AVAILABLE IN FILE ... BUT THEY NEED FRESH ONES, FOR YOU & YR SPOUSE)

YOUR DUE DATE (ITS A DATE WHEN YOUR FILE IS GOING TO BE REVIEWED,BUT IN MOST CASES APPLICANTS RECEIVING REQUESTS EARLIER TO DUE DATE) YOUR VISA OFFICER REQUIRED UPDATED FORMS & PHOTOS..WHICH IS BEING ASKED BY YR VO IN NEXT STEP .. AND AFTER RECEIVING THE MENTIONED DOCS BY CIC THEY'L HAVE TO SEND YOUR MEDICAL & RPRF.......THEN PPR1 ...PPR2.....AND AT LAST...... VISA ;)..............THIS TIME VO IS WAITING FOR THE RESULT OF YR CRIMINALITY AND SECURITY CHECKS....SO NO NEED TO SHOOT AN EMAIL AT THIS STAGE......WAIT FOR SOME MORE TIME ... IF U HV SENT YR FULL DOCS TO CIC IN LATE 2010 OR EARLY 2011 ...SO BE CALM BECAUSE GOOD DAYS ARE JUST AHEAD.....AND PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE NEXT STEP(S)......BEST OF LUCK

Dear Friend NOC 4131

Thank you very much for your encouragement and positive note. infact i was bit worried by reading the GCSM notes where they have mentioned in outgoing that they have requested any docs which i did not receive so far... lets hope for the best and wait for the good time ahead.. i was thinking to write to them but you are right to wait for couple of more months to see the progress. secondly i have changed my mailing adddress which is not mentioned in these notes... kindly advice in this matter..

Thank you and regards.