+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

Fatemeh Njm

Jun 1, 2016
IR
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-04-2017
Cowkiki said:
I had been so distressed during waiting so I decided to take a three-week vocation abroad. The long-awaited golden email arrived just a few hours after I hopped on the plane and was only found by me on my return last week. Yes, the PPRRRRRR!!!

I would like to sincerely thank you guys for all the advice and accompany during these 9 months. My complete timeline is as follows:

FSW Outland (No PNP)
VO: Ottawa
AOR: 29 Jan 2016
Eligibility review started and Medical passed: early Feb
Background check in progress: 6 July
CSIS to return the background check result to IRCC: 1 September
PPR: 27 Oct 2016

Many of you who have been stuck at the background check are curious about whether it helps to contact the CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service) and send their reply to IRCC, I would like to share my experience here.

From my numerous research on various forums relating to Canada immigration, I found that many people (those under the normal 6-month timeline) received PPR right after (a day up to a few weeks) their BC changed to “in progress”, and from their gcms note, this “a day up to a few weeks” is merely waiting in queue for a final review/visa printing queue. I seriously think that we (for the reason of military record, government working background, nationality, and whatsoever) were picked up by IRCC and referred to CSIS to do a DEEPER check. Once you are “picked up”, the application goes to an unpredictable route deviated from the normal track.

I fax my request of my “security check status” to CSIS (followed the instruction here: https://www.csis.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php#bm02) and received their reply in two weeks, informing me that my security was already completed and sent back to IRCC.

Then, I sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with the CSIS reply and politely “questioned” why nothing has been updated on my application even if my background check was completed.

A few days later I received a reply:
"Your application is currently in queue for a review. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum."

This email, I believe, gives you information about your “real status” because I have seen many other versions of reply in the same circumstance. If you receive some standard email reply like mine, I believe it is really only the matter of time: for an immigration officer to do a final review; if you got reply as “waiting for the reply from a third party”, “need to do some further verification”, the application may take longer and you may have to resolve other issues.

And a week later I got the PPR. It may be a time coincidence or my “questioning email” did trigger them to have a look at my application. I don’t know. But from my experience, no harm to get your CSIS security check status and know more about your application status. My thinking was, well, if I eventually had to do a “writ of mandamus”, this kind of record would back me up as I have taken every reasonably practicable step to follow up on my application and did my best to avoid any delay from my side.

This is my own speculation. If you have any questions, I am happy to help.

Wish everyone here good luck and psychological wellness in this journey!!!

Impressive! ;)

Firstly, Congratulationssssssssssssssss! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm so happy for you and I hope all of us get our PPRs very soon coz we have been waiting for so long.

Secondly, I really appreciate you taking the time to share this very good news and your experience with us. :)

Just a Q!!!! How did you send your inquiry to CSIS when your are an outlander? I mean did you go through someone inside Canada or you just faxed it from outside Canada?

Cheers, and enjoy the PPR :p :p :p

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Cowkiki said:
I had been so distressed during waiting so I decided to take a three-week vocation abroad. The long-awaited golden email arrived just a few hours after I hopped on the plane and was only found by me on my return last week. Yes, the PPRRRRRR!!!

I would like to sincerely thank you guys for all the advice and accompany during these 9 months. My complete timeline is as follows:

FSW Outland (No PNP)
VO: Ottawa
AOR: 29 Jan 2016
Eligibility review started and Medical passed: early Feb
Background check in progress: 6 July
CSIS to return the background check result to IRCC: 1 September
PPR: 27 Oct 2016

Many of you who have been stuck at the background check are curious about whether it helps to contact the CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service) and send their reply to IRCC, I would like to share my experience here.

From my numerous research on various forums relating to Canada immigration, I found that many people (those under the normal 6-month timeline) received PPR right after (a day up to a few weeks) their BC changed to “in progress”, and from their gcms note, this “a day up to a few weeks” is merely waiting in queue for a final review/visa printing queue. I seriously think that we (for the reason of military record, government working background, nationality, and whatsoever) were picked up by IRCC and referred to CSIS to do a DEEPER check. Once you are “picked up”, the application goes to an unpredictable route deviated from the normal track.

I fax my request of my “security check status” to CSIS (followed the instruction here: https://www.csis.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php#bm02) and received their reply in two weeks, informing me that my security was already completed and sent back to IRCC.

Then, I sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with the CSIS reply and politely “questioned” why nothing has been updated on my application even if my background check was completed.

A few days later I received a reply:
"Your application is currently in queue for a review. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum."

This email, I believe, gives you information about your “real status” because I have seen many other versions of reply in the same circumstance. If you receive some standard email reply like mine, I believe it is really only the matter of time: for an immigration officer to do a final review; if you got reply as “waiting for the reply from a third party”, “need to do some further verification”, the application may take longer and you may have to resolve other issues.

And a week later I got the PPR. It may be a time coincidence or my “questioning email” did trigger them to have a look at my application. I don’t know. But from my experience, no harm to get your CSIS security check status and know more about your application status. My thinking was, well, if I eventually had to do a “writ of mandamus”, this kind of record would back me up as I have taken every reasonably practicable step to follow up on my application and did my best to avoid any delay from my side.

This is my own speculation. If you have any questions, I am happy to help.

Wish everyone here good luck and psychological wellness in this journey!!!
Congratulations! :)

Cowkiki

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Fatemeh Njm said:
Impressive! ;)

Firstly, Congratulationssssssssssssssss! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm so happy for you and I hope all of us get our PPRs very soon coz we have been waiting for so long.

Secondly, I really appreciate you taking the time to share this very good news and your experience with us. :)

Just a Q!!!! How did you send your inquiry to CSIS when your are an outlander? I mean did you go through someone inside Canada or you just faxed it from outside Canada?

Cheers, and enjoy the PPR :p :p :p
Thank you!

For the CSIS, yes I did ask my friend in Canada to fax it and leave a Canadian address. CSIS will mail a letter to the Canadian address. To do that you may have to have a person inside Canada to help:)

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Yes, it's just a matter of time, but some officers at some visa offices seem to take way too long for this final review... which is really frustrating.

I wonder, what could be the reason(s):

a) Availability of visa slots for each category [limited slots/caps for each category]
b) Visa officers' personal choices and priorities [like if they keep picking newer apps to keep meeting the processing standards, while delayed files are left pending]
c) Not enough visa officers at any given visa office
d) Bureaucratic technicalities/sluggishness

Whatever it is, if not dealt with, the backlog will keep building on, as newer files keep piling on, every month. I think, IRCC needs to put some sort of deadline to prevent the backlog. Like, if the normal/standard processing time for Express Entry applications is 6 months, there should be a maximum processing time deadline (like 12 months, in this case). And if IRCC doesn't/cannot find enough reasons to reject a file within this much time, the application should be granted an automatic approval on reaching the deadline.

However, if there are any concerns/reasons which could question the eligibility/admissibility of an applicant, a time double than the normal/standard (12 months in case of EE) is fair enough to complete the necessary investigation(s)/verification(s) in this age and time, in order to reach to a decision.

And finally, there should be a new option/clause for the processing officers. Something like this:

"Dear Applicant,

This is to inform you about the decision on your application for immigration to Canada.

As you might know, immigration to Canada is a privilege, not a right. Based on the information you have provided and the assessment of your file, I am not convinced you deserve to avail this privilege. Therefore, I hereby reject your application for immigration [permanent residence/temporary residence for work/study/visit].

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Immigration Officer | Officer ID / Visa office
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada"

If an officer is unable to find enough reason(s) for a rejection and/or is unwilling to issue a rejection letter like the one mentioned above, I guess an application deserves to be granted an automatic approval on reaching the deadline. Because, otherwise, it's just a heck of a frustrating experience.

What do you folks think? ;D

boblee2000

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
1 April 2016
Med's Done....
13 April 2016
Que Em said:
Yes, it's just a matter of time, but some officers at some visa offices seem to take way too long for this final review... which is really frustrating.

a) Availability of visa slots for each category [limited slots/caps for each category]
b) Visa officers' personal choices and priorities [like if they keep picking newer apps to keep meeting the processing standards, while delayed files are left pending]

Whatever it is, if not dealt with, the backlog will keep building on, as newer files keep piling on, every month. I think, IRCC needs to put some sort of deadline to prevent the backlog. Like, if the normal/standard processing time for Express Entry applications is 6 months, there should be a maximum processing time deadline (like 12 months, in this case). And if IRCC doesn't/cannot find enough reasons to reject a file within this much time, the application should be granted an automatic approval on reaching the deadline.

However, if there are any concerns/reasons which could question the eligibility/admissibility of an applicant, a time double than the normal/standard (12 months in case of EE) is fair enough to complete the necessary investigation(s)/verification(s) in this age and time, in order to reach to a decision.

And finally, there should be a new option/clause for the processing officers. Something like this:

"Dear Applicant,

This is to inform you about the decision on your application for immigration to Canada.

As you might know, immigration to Canada is a privilege, not a right. Based on the information you have provided and the assessment of your file, I am not convinced you deserve to avail this privilege. Therefore, I hereby reject your application for immigration [permanent residence/temporary residence for work/study/visit].

If an officer is unable to find enough reason(s) for a rejection and/or is unwilling to issue a rejection letter like the one mentioned above, I guess an application deserves to be granted an automatic approval on reaching the deadline. Because, otherwise, it's just a heck of a frustrating experience.

Hi thanks for your information. It is really useful for me.
What information do you provide to enquire the security status check ?
Thanks!

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
Que Em said:

"Dear Applicant,

Hilarious! ;D

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
boblee2000 said:
Hi thanks for your information. It is really useful for me.
What information do you provide to enquire the security status check ?
Thanks!
To enquire about the status of a government clearance or an immigration screening file, the following information is required*:

• a full name,
  • date and place of birth,
  • the signature of the applicant, and
  • a return mailing address as replies are not sent by email or fax.

If you are enquiring on behalf of another person, the request must be accompanied by the Consent Form to Disclose Information to a Designated Individual.

Mail or fax the request to CSIS at the attention of:

Assistant Director, Operations
Canadian Security Intelligence Service
P.O. Box 9732, Station T
Ottawa, ON
K1G 4G4
Fax: 613-369-2954

* If a request is missing any of the information noted above, a reply will not be issued. Please allow up to eight weeks for the processing of requests.

Link: https://www.csis.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php#bm02

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
hi,

does this mean all those waiting for 7months are stuck with BG check or is it that eligibility(employer check etc) are not done at all.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
canadianrrk said:
hi,

does this mean all those waiting for 7months are stuck with BG check or is it that eligibility(employer check etc) are not done at all.
Hello,

Applications exceeding the normal/standard processing times could be stuck at any processing stage, or, might simply be awaiting a final review by an officer for finalization.

GCMS notes can give a good insight in understanding the status of a file.

GodBlessUsAll

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone post their AOR here? Wondering how long does it take to process application for PR under CEC category after receiving PNP through express entry ? I am CEC inbound and submitted my application on Nov 9, 2016 through Express Entry after receiving ITA and received a letter immedietley on my express entry that my application for PR has been received . Application is being checked to determine whether it meets the requirements of a complete application pursuant to Section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) Regulations and If my application does not meet the requirements of this section, application will be rejected as incomplete and any fees paid will be returned.? Is it AOR?

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Yes, that is the AOR.
Not to sound unfriendly, but this thread is only meant for those who have waited more than 6 months and longer.

GodBlessUsAll said:
Can anyone post their AOR here? Wondering how long does it take to process application for PR under CEC category after receiving PNP through express entry ? I am CEC inbound and submitted my application on Nov 9, 2016 through Express Entry after receiving ITA and received a letter immedietley on my express entry that my application for PR has been received . Application is being checked to determine whether it meets the requirements of a complete application pursuant to Section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) Regulations and If my application does not meet the requirements of this section, application will be rejected as incomplete and any fees paid will be returned.? Is it AOR?

Reactions: Garry21

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
GodBlessUsAll said:
Just sit back and relax - they don't process them within days. It takes at least several months. In the meantime visit your month's AOR thread. This is for people who have been waiting for more than six months, and it's probably a pretty depressing place for someone who is only beginning the process.