+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who got AOR in MAY lets network here>>>>>>>>>

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maplemadness82 said:
Is it meds done date or meds passed date?

It still can't connect the dots for me.
If it's the former, I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that it would be the date on which the PA got his/her meds done.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maplemadness82 said:
Is it meds done date or meds passed date?

It still can't connect the dots for me.
It's Meds done date by principal applicant. The people I know who've had DM had their Meds done in April.

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
Anya654 said:
Guys I've finally realised that for FSW CIC processes the applications according to the date you took your medical exams. Because most people usually take their medical exams after they receive ITA it looks like CIC goes by ITA date but it doesn't. It makes sense because medical exams expire 1 year after their taken so CIC will have to go by this date so as not to risk the exam expiring.
Brilliant observation Anya! It sure makes sense.

pathfinder2

Aug 17, 2015
Deccan said:
So sorry for this frustration. If the embassy is easily accessible, perhaps it might be worth your time to go in person and speak to someone directly. Wish you all the best.
Thanks Deccan,

I was actually there today and the embassy was very nice but they said the same thing about obtaining this certificate. :-X Here is the other thing (they just keep coming up :-\). I finally found the passport I used at the time. The problem is that Haiti in 1994 was in turmoil and no stamping of passports was done at the airport. We were part of an international team and we went through Italy and then the US. I found the stamps of Italy and the U.S. (exit and entry) but not Haiti and it's less than 6 months. That is a good thing, in a way and bad in another. The bad thing about it is that in the application (which didn't have a day digit in dates for work history ) and since my memory was kabutt , I filled in that I was there from feb.1994 to july 1994, while the stamps say October 27, 1994 to March 23, 1995. :'( If it told that to CIC in an explanation letter they wont accept that it was an honest mistake , I'm afraid. Ifrankly am out of any thoughts at this time :-X

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pathfinder2 said:
Thanks Deccan,

I was actually there today and the embassy was very nice but they said the same thing about obtaining this certificate. :-X Here is the other thing (they just keep coming up :-\). I finally found the passport I used at the time. The problem is that Haiti in 1994 was in turmoil and no stamping of passports was done at the airport. We were part of an international team and we went through Italy and then the US. I found the stamps of Italy and the U.S. (exit and entry) but not Haiti and it's less than 6 months. That is a good thing, in a way and bad in another. The bad thing about it is that in the application (which didn't have a day digit in dates for work history ) and since my memory was kabutt , I filled in that I was there from feb.1994 to july 1994, while the stamps say October 27, 1994 to March 23, 1995. :'( If it told that to CIC in an explanation letter they wont accept that it was an honest mistake , I'm afraid. Ifrankly am out of any thoughts at this time :-X
I'm afraid you are too discouraged too soon. CIC will not punish you for a mistake, nor will they demand a PCC for a place you did not stay 6 months in. You really need to get documentation from the Haitian Embassy that they will not do a police report, and then you need to write the letter, copy the stamps, and explain that you were in Haiti in between the other stamps, and that your memory was faulty when you wrote your application. You are talking about 1994 - 21 years ago! It's quite plausible that you got things wrong the first time around. I think you still have a very good chance!

pathfinder2

Aug 17, 2015
dobes said:
I'm afraid you are too discouraged too soon. CIC will not punish you for a mistake, nor will they demand a PCC for a place you did not stay 6 months in. You really need to get documentation from the Haitian Embassy that they will not do a police report, and then you need to write the letter, copy the stamps, and explain that you were in Haiti in between the other stamps, and that your memory was faulty when you wrote your application. You are talking about 1994 - 21 years ago! It's quite plausible that you got things wrong the first time around. I think you still have a very good chance!
Thanks Dobes....I truly wish they see it as it is an honest mistake of memory. :( As for being discouraged, each day that passes discourages me more....if it were just me , it would have been more supportable but I have a family and want a better life for them :-X

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Deccan said:
If it's the former, I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that it would be the date on which the PA got his/her meds done.
Reason I ask is in my case, PA meds are complete on 10th Apr and I see PPR for guys who hv done meds much later as well.

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pathfinder2 said:
Thanks Dobes....I truly wish they see it as it is an honest mistake of memory. :( As for being discouraged, each day that passes discourages me more....if it were just me , it would have been more supportable but I have a family and want a better life for them :-X
I second dobes' recommendation. If you are able to take a typed up document explaining your situation and requesting for some sort of letter from them, they may be willing to provide you one. I ran into a situation a few years ago when I needed a document from one of the countries I'd lived in--something that is common in my home country but is not part of the norm where I had lived. I had to make a couple of trips to the local consulate and explain the issue. They asked me to bring my request in writing and simply stamped the paper with a notation that they do not provide such documentation. That piece of paper worked for me.

More importantly, hang in there! You've made it this far. A strong LOE, hopefully backed by some documentation from the Haitian consulate/embassy should be enough to support your case.

Just my 2 cents.

Sending you good thoughts for a positive resolution.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maplemadness82 said:
Reason I ask is in my case, PA meds are complete on 10th Apr and I see PPR for guys who hv done meds much later as well.
When was your spouse's Meds? What I do know is that they are still on April Meds so your decision should come soon.

pathfinder2

Aug 17, 2015
Deccan said:
I second dobes' recommendation. If you are able to take a typed up document explaining your situation and requesting for some sort of letter from them, they may be willing to provide you one. I ran into a situation a few years ago when I needed a document from one of the countries I'd lived in--something that is common in my home country but is not part of the norm where I had lived. I had to make a couple of trips to the local consulate and explain the issue. They asked me to bring my request in writing and simply stamped the paper with a notation that they do not provide such documentation. That piece of paper worked for me.

More importantly, hang in there! You've made it this far. A strong LOE, hopefully backed by some documentation from the Haitian consulate/embassy should be enough to support your case.

Just my 2 cents.

Sending you good thoughts for a positive resolution.
Thanks Deccan,
Will probably do this. They said that if I found the passport with the entry/exit stamps and it was less than 6 months, they will issue an attestation saying I was there for less than six months. And I finally found those stamps....I just hope that I wouldn't be punished for writing the dates wrongly in the first place.

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
ECAS decision made this morning
Congratulations! If I may ask, when did you get your meds done? Anya's obervation re: CIC processing files according to med dates makes a lot of sense.

rgainza

Aug 14, 2015
Hey guys,

The strangest thing just happened to me.
Logged in mycic to check my application and instead of SUBMITTED said UPDATED. Once I clicked, everything in the STATUS tab was the same (latest update MEDICALS PASSED and other things IN PROGRESS); ECAS was the same (IN PROCESS).

Logged out and then logged back in again, and then the status for the application was again SUBMITTED.

This thing is making me crazy, I even took a picture to make sure it was not my mind playing games (LOL), but has it happened to any of you??????????????????????

maverick85

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-07-2015
rgainza said:
Hey guys,

The strangest thing just happened to me.
Logged in mycic to check my application and instead of SUBMITTED said UPDATED. Once I clicked, everything in the STATUS tab was the same (latest update MEDICALS PASSED and other things IN PROGRESS); ECAS was the same (IN PROCESS).

Logged out and then logged back in again, and then the status for the application was again SUBMITTED.

This thing is making me crazy, I even took a picture to make sure it was not my mind playing games (LOL), but has it happened to any of you??????????????????????
This happens with everyone whenever a new major update is about to happen. Log in after a few hours in both mycic and ecas and you may find a major update such as Decision Made.
Whats your timeline? and are you FSW Inland/Outland or CEC?

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pathfinder2 said:
Thanks Deccan,
Will probably do this. They said that if I found the passport with the entry/exit stamps and it was less than 6 months, they will issue an attestation saying I was there for less than six months. And I finally found those stamps....I just hope that I wouldn't be punished for writing the dates wrongly in the first place.
Good to hear that they have agreed to issue you that attestation. Now that you've found your entry/exit stamps, you should have everything you need to get that letter :)

It is absolutely normal for people to not remember exact dates from travels that far back out. Explain your mistake in dates in your application. That LOE supported by the consulate's attestation and your entry/exit stamps copy should tide you through.

Good luck!