+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who got AOR in MAY lets network here>>>>>>>>>

PedDoc

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
ciscotao said:
You may get PPR within this week.... good luck!
Hope so.. :-[
My familys TRV is stuck up in India and we cant fly back together because of PR .
I hope this ccommes through in this week

mrazzak

Star Member
Aug 5, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2015
Doc's Request.
02, 09, 17-06-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
10-05-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Submitted with application
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
05-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2015
LANDED..........
24-10-2015
dobes said:
This morning, my MyCIC was updated to show that my application had been approved, and my case was closed. Then my return tracker activated later this afternoon.
Congrats!

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your help Mrazzak, Dobes and Wifedoctor! I'm from a country that is subject to visa.my wp expires end of November. i haven't received the 2nd AOR but will apply for BOWP anyway,at least I can continue working on implied status. I hope I won't have to travel with the BOWP,as I don't want to risk being denied the entry to Canada.

TehTarik

Sep 3, 2015
Congratulations those receiving PPR, good luck to all those waiting and many thanks for all the input on the forum that I have been reading through the wait. Hopefully updates keep coming through for everyone.

I have just received PPR. My timeline is

27th March - ITA (FSW, outland)
5th May - application submitted AOR
22nd May - request for Singapore police check (submitted 2 weeks later)
16th August (approx.) - ECAS in Process
28th August - MyCIC background check in progress
29th August (or 28th) - ECAS decision made
10th September - PPR

ciscotao

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2015
AOR Received.
02-05-2015
Passport Req..
01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
Congrats! Which visa office are you from?

TehTarik said:
Congratulations those receiving PPR, good luck to all those waiting and many thanks for all the input on the forum that I have been reading through the wait. Hopefully updates keep coming through for everyone.

I have just received PPR. My timeline is

27th March - ITA (FSW, outland)
5th May - application submitted AOR
22nd May - request for Singapore police check (submitted 2 weeks later)
16th August (approx.) - ECAS in Process
28th August - MyCIC background check in progress
29th August (or 28th) - ECAS decision made
10th September - PPR

TehTarik

Sep 3, 2015
ciscotao said:
Congrats! Which visa office are you from?
Hi - none of the correspondence I have indicates a particular visa office. Most correspondence has arrived during the night (Singapore time), so I've always assumed the application was processed centrally in Canada.

indianaspirant

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
AOR Received.
03-08-2015
wishing you luck for a positive outcome

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PedDoc said:
Got an email that profile is updated but no visible changes at all.... must be the "ghost" email some persons talk about ..
Ita March 20
aor may 15
In process aug 5th
Rprf aug 27
GHOST EMAIL August 28 and September 10
That is most likely the ghost mail before Decision Made - which I hope you see by tomorrow!

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PedDoc said:
Decision Made ... Don't know if it's positive or negative
It's positive! But for me, the week between DM and PPR was the longest week of my life. Hang in there, you're almost through...

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katja2684 said:
Thanks for your help Mrazzak, Dobes and Wifedoctor! I'm from a country that is subject to visa.my wp expires end of November. i haven't received the 2nd AOR but will apply for BOWP anyway,at least I can continue working on implied status. I hope I won't have to travel with the BOWP,as I don't want to risk being denied the entry to Canada.
I (and, really, most people) never received that second AOR. I don't really know what is up with that, as it's supposed to go out once your application is deemed complete. On the other hand, many people report getting the BOWP with just the first AOR.

I am on implied status now, and will be until I land next Friday. As my partner has one more year of his current degree left, I applied back in June to renew my current open work permit, and he applied to renew his student visa, just in case our PR application was denied. He got the student visa a few weeks ago, but when I called to enquire about the status of the work permit, CIC told me they are backed up on open work permits and I wouldn't hear until mid-October. That's fine with me - once I land, I will withdraw my application and I hope I get my $255 back! My point is that the application will put you on implied status when your current visa runs out, and you very well may have a decision on your PR before you even get the BOWP! Good luck for a speedy decision on your PR!

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
I (and, really, most people) never received that second AOR. I don't really know what is up with that, as it's supposed to go out once your application is deemed complete. On the other hand, many people report getting the BOWP with just the first AOR.

I am on implied status now, and will be until I land next Friday. As my partner has one more year of his current degree left, I applied back in June to renew my current open work permit, and he applied to renew his student visa, just in case our PR application was denied. He got the student visa a few weeks ago, but when I called to enquire about the status of the work permit, CIC told me they are backed up on open work permits and I wouldn't hear until mid-October. That's fine with me - once I land, I will withdraw my application and I hope I get my $255 back! My point is that the application will put you on implied status when your current visa runs out, and you very well may have a decision on your PR before you even get the BOWP! Good luck for a speedy decision on your PR!
hey dobes, congrats on the PR. Just FYI, CIC advise not to withdraw BOWP applications if you were on implied and have landed as PR. Ill paste in the details:

DO NOT cancel your BOWP and/or Visitor Status visa applications if you've received PR but were previously on implied status.
I have now activated my PR, but was on implied status for a couple of weeks after my original work permit expired, having sent my application for BOWP (IMM5710) and application to remain in Canada as visitor (IMM5708) a few days before my work visa expired. A lawyer advised that I apply for the visitor status as well as the BOWP, as an insurance policy in case the BOWP application was not successful – the visitor status application means you still retain status in Canada and don't have to leave immediately.
Activated my PR yesterday at the border in Vancouver and wanted to cancel both the BOWP and Visitor applications as they are no longer needed - wanted to get a refund on the application fees. Called CIC today and they advised me that I should not cancel either, as doing so will mean the implied status I was on would be voided (from the date my work permit expired), even though I am now a permanent resident. The lady on the phone said that when the person processing the BOWP and Visitor Status visas enters my UCI number into the system, they will see that PR has already been granted and will withdraw the application. I should then automatically get a refund. She said this would only happen if they see PR has been granted before they start processing the application.
The important thing here is to not cancel your BOWP and/or Visitor Status visas applications if you've received PR but were previously on implied status.

Alternatively, just send a CSE telling them that you have your PR and ask them to cancel the application themselves when they get to it.

PedDoc

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
dobes said:
It's positive! But for me, the week between DM and PPR was the longest week of my life. Hang in there, you're almost through...
Hi Dobes
Thanks for the positive reinforcement :) .