+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those planning to Apply after 01 July 2011, Lets connect!!

Goodman!!

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Guys big moment is coming soon. I am excited as well as little bit scared how points scoring will be done in new instructions. I wish everybody good luck!!

Goodman!!

Star Member
May 24, 2011
echoes1978 said:
Can you please tell me where in the instruction guide does it say that passport should be notarized?
passport copy doesn't need to be notarised. i think she just said in general..

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goodman!! said:
Guys big moment is coming soon. I am excited as well as little bit scared how points scoring will be done in new instructions. I wish everybody good luck!!
Yea man, we are all exited, for the last few weeks days, I am waking up with thoughts about new immigration rules. Sick ha?? I hope it will work out fine. God is with us my friend.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
echoes1978 said:
Can you please tell me where in the instruction guide does it say that passport should be notarized?
Have you thoroughly explored the CIC guidelines?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG73.asp
Mandie

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Goodman!! said:
passport copy doesn't need to be notarised. i think she just said in general..
Oh really? Try sending your passport copies and other documents without notarizing them. I advice that you read your VO country specific instructions thoroughly and make an informed decision
Mandie

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mandiebraxton said:
Oh really? Try sending your passport copies and other documents without notarizing them. I advice that you read your VO country specific instructions thoroughly and make an informed decision
Mandie
You mean Birth Certificate, Degree Certificate all of them should send without notarization??

string11

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 oct 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
attached with application
Med's Request
8th nov 2013
Med's Done....
25th nov 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 Jan 2014
I am planning not to add my child so we will be only two appliying for the application for now how much fund do i have to show?
According to CIO for a family of 2 is $13,837. IS it ok if i show around that figure or do i need to show fund for 3 as i have mentioned the details of my family of 3- me, my wife, and child. child will not accompany with us this time. Please experts share ur views and suggestion.

new_2_canada

Apr 25, 2011
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have added your child in the application and even if you had not hiding the fact from CHC have implications of file being rejected. How would you justify your child if you had not shown in the file?

so in short yes you will have to show funds for 3 and add your child if you have not done it till now.

string11

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 oct 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
attached with application
Med's Request
8th nov 2013
Med's Done....
25th nov 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 Jan 2014
i have mentioned it in family details but mentioned child will not accompany us for now and prepared a custodian letter where and with whom she will be staying for couple of years. Till we get settled there.
new_2_canada said:
You have added your child in the application and even if you had not hiding the fact from CHC have implications of file being rejected. How would you justify your child if you had not shown in the file?

so in short yes you will have to show funds for 3 and add your child if you have not done it till now.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Classical_beat said:
You mean Birth Certificate, Degree Certificate all of them should send without notarization??
I think you missed my point! My point is if you send these docs without notarizing, your application would be returned. Thus my suggestion to read guidance and VO instruction. You would see this reflected in my earlier post! Mandie

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mandiebraxton said:
Mandie
Everything is notarized or original, but for passport, on CIO checklist it says COPY of bio data page.

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
**** BREAKING NEWS ****

POINT SYSTEM WON'T CHANGE

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Skilled workers and professionals: Who can apply—Six selection factors and pass mark

Will you qualify?

If you are eligible to apply as a skilled worker, you will be assessed on six selection factors and a point system. Learn more about each factor by clicking on it.

Selection Factor
Education
Maximum 25 points

Proficiency in English and/or French
Maximum 24 points

Experience
Maximum 21 points

Arranged employment in Canada
Maximum 10 points

Adaptability
Maximum 10 points

Total
Maximum 100 points

Pass mark
67 points

You can also assess your qualifications using our skilled worker self-assessment test.

If your score is the same or higher than the pass mark, then you may qualify to immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker.

If your score is lower than the pass mark, you are not likely to qualify to immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker. We recommend that you do not apply at this time.

However, you can still apply if you believe other factors would show that you are able to establish yourself in Canada and support your dependants. Send a detailed letter with your application explaining why you think you are able to become economically established in Canada. Include any documents that support your claim.

Principal applicant

If you are married or living with a common-law partner, either you or your spouse can apply as the principal applicant. Use the self-assessment test to help you determine which person is likely to earn the most points. That person should apply as the principal applicant. The other person would be considered as a dependant in the application.

Note: A common-law partner is a person who has lived with you in a conjugal relationship for at least one year. Common-law partner refers to both opposite-sex and same-sex couples.

akira-pb

Jun 17, 2011
theres no announcement yet of no point system change.

thebeast184 said:
**** BREAKING NEWS ****

POINT SYSTEM WON'T CHANGE

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Skilled workers and professionals: Who can apply—Six selection factors and pass mark

Will you qualify?

If you are eligible to apply as a skilled worker, you will be assessed on six selection factors and a point system. Learn more about each factor by clicking on it.

Selection Factor
Education
Maximum 25 points

Proficiency in English and/or French
Maximum 24 points

Experience
Maximum 21 points

Arranged employment in Canada
Maximum 10 points

Adaptability
Maximum 10 points

Total
Maximum 100 points

Pass mark
67 points

You can also assess your qualifications using our skilled worker self-assessment test.

If your score is the same or higher than the pass mark, then you may qualify to immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker.

If your score is lower than the pass mark, you are not likely to qualify to immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker. We recommend that you do not apply at this time.

However, you can still apply if you believe other factors would show that you are able to establish yourself in Canada and support your dependants. Send a detailed letter with your application explaining why you think you are able to become economically established in Canada. Include any documents that support your claim.

Principal applicant

If you are married or living with a common-law partner, either you or your spouse can apply as the principal applicant. Use the self-assessment test to help you determine which person is likely to earn the most points. That person should apply as the principal applicant. The other person would be considered as a dependant in the application.

Note: A common-law partner is a person who has lived with you in a conjugal relationship for at least one year. Common-law partner refers to both opposite-sex and same-sex couples.

crazyberns

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
It didn't say...
Med's Request
09-12-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
Hi I'm a newbie here and I'm glad I found this forum. Been getting a lot of information here. Anyway, according to our lawyer they just sent our application by courier today so it will probably get there on Monday. Tomorrow, July 1 is Canada Day which is a holiday so almost all of the offices are closed.

NOC:3152
VO: Buffalo

Goodluck to all of us. :)

sushicat29

Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Complete docs sent with application
AOR Received.
05-10-2011
IELTS Request
Included on Application
File Transfer...
28-10-2011
Med's Request
15-12-2011 (Received at Residence on 30-12-2011)
Med's Done....
17-1-2012,Sent by Nationwide: 6-2-2012 & 17-2-2012, Meds Received on E-cas: 25-2-2012
Interview........
None!!
Passport Req..
25-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2012
LANDED..........
December 2012 (I'll be able to make a snow angel!)
Goodluck to everyone!!! Hope I could beat the quota as well =)...
Keeping fingers crossed...

Cheers!!!!
Sushicat29