+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Third Draw!!

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
The draw appears to be every week. The minimum points required went from 886 to 816 in the 2nd draw, you would have to imagine that non LMIA individuals between 400-500 will be in contention in about 2-3 months.

What do you think?

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
arvinderps said:
I am hoping for same, in few draws the cut off point should be 400-500, my score is 410
Given it went down by a whole 70 points after one draw it's hard not to make the assumption it wont go down a lot more in the space of a month or so.

toben

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems* they want a constant stream of applicants so I assume they won't linearly decrease the number of points but set it to the points that gives them the desired resulting number of ITA's. Since we have no knowledge of the distribution of the candidate's points, it's impossible to predict.

* that's what they actually said in the recording that floated around here somewhere

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toben said:
It seems* they want a constant stream of applicants so I assume they won't linearly decrease the number of points but set it to the points that gives them the desired resulting number of ITA's. Since we have no knowledge of the distribution of the candidate's points, it's impossible to predict.

* that's what they actually said in the recording that floated around here somewhere
I don't think, they won't be able to fill the quota this way, they have to drop the cutoff score to have desired number of applicants this year, and yes by the end of Feb/early March, it will be coming into 400+ scores I believe !

toben

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mbakhan said:
I don't think, they won't be able to fill the quota this way, they have to drop the cutoff score to have desired number of applicants this year, and yes by the end of Feb/early March, it will be coming into 400+ scores I believe !
That's what I mean with "set it to the points that gives them the desired resulting number of ITA's". Of course it will drop below 600 because I don't think there are enough LMIA's and PNP's. It's just impossible to say when it will happen.

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
mbakhan said:
I agree with you. The only people that will have above 600 points will be those with LMIA or PNP but I would say not a huge amount of people have them. They only released about 1500 LMIA's last year and even those applying now for LMIA will have to wait about 3 months given the process. I can only see that score going down to something a tad more reasonable for non LMIA holders.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theshak said:
The draw appears to be every week. The minimum points required went from 886 to 816 in the 2nd draw, you would have to imagine that non LMIA individuals between 400-500 will be in contention in about 2-3 months.

What do you think?
I can only hope you're right, but I'm afraid they are drawing small numbers now, hoping that more LMIAs enter the pool as time goes on.

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
dobes said:
I can only hope you're right, but I'm afraid they are drawing small numbers now, hoping that more LMIAs enter the pool as time goes on.
They have quite the sizeable quota to fill across the CEC and FSW/FTW programs. Like i mentioned before, the amount of people applying with LMIA's was about 1500 last year. The process of getting an LMIA is not full proof and not everyone gets one. My solicitor told me about 80% are accepted.

Getting an LMIA is weird if you are already working in the country. Your company have to advertise your job on job bank for 4 weeks then your HR have to prove you are the most qualified then it takes 6-8 for the process to go through. So you can see its not straight forward as some may think. Its even harder if you don't already have a job in Canada as you are depending on an employer to take you on.

Unless the CIC change their quota's I can only imagine the minimum points will go down.

raj veena

Nov 19, 2014
For a normal cec applicant what makes then to get points between 400 500..
I got 369 ..I did not do education cra ..just my work experience 2 yrs canadian education and ielts. That's it

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
raj veena said:
For a normal cec applicant what makes then to get points between 400 500..
I got 369 ..I did not do education cra ..just my work experience 2 yrs canadian education and ielts. That's it
I personally got 477 which was based on my education, work experience, Canadian work experience, IELTS results etc. The 400-500 mark is just a "guesstimation". It could stay around 600 or go below 400. It all depends on peoples scores. Without knowing the average score that applied its hard to tell. I can only go by the minimum points required from the last two draws which saw that minimum drop by 70 points in one week. ALOT of people do not have LMIA's and there is not a huge amount of people that have them (and its going to get more competitive to get one). Once the majority PNP/LMIA holders have been sent ITA's then the score can only drop and by a fair bit. Of course i don't know this for sure but logic would have to dictate to me that this would be the case.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mbakhan said:
1. Except that some applicants in EE will be getting job offers through the job bank, so I don't think the scores will drop as much as you think.