Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
PMM said:
Hi

1. Except that some applicants in EE will be getting job offers through the job bank, so I don't think the scores will drop as much as you think.
First of all, it doesn't even work yet, and won't work for some time. Secondly, people <b>already</b> in Canada working for somebody have trouble getting LMIAs and even convincing their employers to initiate the whole process - do you seriously think it's going to be easier for potential employees who aren't even in Canada yet, and will only be able to start working some months later, when their prospective employers can probably hire someone in their city right away?

Greenrice

Dec 12, 2014
fl_pie said:
First of all, it doesn't even work yet, and won't work for some time. Secondly, people <b>already</b> in Canada working for somebody have trouble getting LMIAs and even convincing their employers to initiate the whole process - do you seriously think it's going to be easier for potential employees who aren't even in Canada yet, and will only be able to start working some months later, when their prospective employers can probably hire someone in their city right away?
Well said.
I am currently working aboard so I deeply understand this. Thinking of asking my current employer going through the similar process (those rules and process are pretty much the same in both Canada and Australia)? They will never get it. The process sounds ridiculous to them, left alone the time consuming issue or complicated paperwork. They don't want to deal with or understand legal/immigration issues so if applicant is extremely lucky, the employer would hire a lawyer for this.

There is an exception: an employer already hold a type of certificate/licence which allows them sponsor more new employees. However I still can't see how this scenario could happen for any regulated professions.
There comes agencies!

I did try to start talking my employer into this so I knew. That why I applied FSW 2014 and still waiting and hoping that Canada would be more practical.