+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

third draw - cut off 808!

chaos123456

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
The only question I have with this draw was on earth people could get score as low as 208 under CEC, excluding PNP/LMIA?

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
chaos123456 said:
The only question I have with this draw was on earth people could get score as low as 208 under CEC, excluding PNP/LMIA?
That's no problem at all. The only requirements are having a year of Canadian experience (40 points) and at least CLB 7 on the language test (CLB 5 for NOC B) (24 or 68 points, depending on the NOC). Thus, the minimum score is 64 (NOC B) or 108 (NOC 0/A). ECA isn't required, foreign working experience isn't required, age above 44 doesn't give any points.

eeuser

Feb 2, 2015
rvssrajesh said:
better that you are done with the ECA asap.. cant predict the situations..
as the evaluation is of 5 years validity and only if you believe you will be invited in the future draw, just start processing..
I think its better that you start right away.. I do have the same score as you, a bit more or less of 342 with the same Noc but not eligible for the EE..
4 points short of FSW criteria and so seriously waiting for the PNP's to open as got ready with all the required docs..

So keep hope and up the confidence.. just try for a job offer if u can although too tough or else get a PNP, either of these makes ur score 950 if am not wrong.. however think u'll b in the draw one day.. this is just my opinion though.. all the best
Hi

I am in the same situation as you. Falling short off 4 points in fsw though meeting all the minimum requirements of eligibility. Is it possible to apply under EE if we secure PNP even if we don't qualify for fsw points criteria?

Bhagya123

Jan 19, 2015
prseeker said:
Even I am confused if I should spend extra money to do ECA. I am already done with IELTS and have a score of 410
Hi,
looks like there are lot of people thinking like me ....... do we have atleast 10% of chance to get an ITA? if yes, we can give a try?

choolai

Feb 11, 2015
Hi All,

Any chance of getting ITA for points 320? any hope in later time. My understanding is that old scheme was much easier

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
Probably give it at least a year, for those with no +LMIA job offers or PNP.
Hopefully by then, those from 400 onwards will start getting ITA.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
fl_pie said:
That's no problem at all. The only requirements are having a year of Canadian experience (40 points) and at least CLB 7 on the language test (CLB 5 for NOC B) (24 or 68 points, depending on the NOC). Thus, the minimum score is 64 (NOC B) or 108 (NOC 0/A). ECA isn't required, foreign working experience isn't required, age above 44 doesn't give any points.
Additionally, a lot of people just don't care or have the time / money to waste. If you have an LMIA job and Canadian experience, you can ignore ECA, which brings down your score. If you have a spouse, but you clearly see that you don't need her ECA or IELTS or job experience, you would go without it. Although being over 44 is certainly an option, generally a person with LMIA based skiled job is here on a position needing skills for which no Canadians were available. This usually translates into the person having 5 or more years of industry experience which automatically adds to age. Hence a good number of educated, skilled and very well qualified people end up with scores around 800 or a little higher. And this was enough since they know this would get ITAs.

Even worst, some of those were mistakenly issued ITAs for FSW - without even ECA. Many decided to clear their profiles after not receiving any confirmation from CIC. So they CANCELLED their ITA's, built new profiles WITHOUT quoting their past job experiences to negate FSW and reapplied. This further brought down scores of some people by 25 - 30 points.

Hope that helps all those wondering how could some one score 800

Canadiense85

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting ...
journey21 said:
Probably give it at least a year, for those with no +LMIA job offers or PNP.
Hopefully by then, those from 400 onwards will start getting ITA.

a year! :(

k.miteshshah

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 july 2015
Nomination.....
5th Aug 2016
AOR Received.
for e APR 21st Aug 2016
Med's Request
Done Upfront
rvssrajesh said:
better that you are done with the ECA asap.. cant predict the situations..
as the evaluation is of 5 years validity and only if you believe you will be invited in the future draw, just start processing..
I think its better that you start right away.. I do have the same score as you, a bit more or less of 342 with the same Noc but not eligible for the EE..
4 points short of FSW criteria and so seriously waiting for the PNP's to open as got ready with all the required docs..

So keep hope and up the confidence.. just try for a job offer if u can although too tough or else get a PNP, either of these makes ur score 950 if am not wrong.. however think u'll b in the draw one day.. this is just my opinion though.. all the best
U r talking abt PNP. Can u pls tell me how to apply for PNP. Can you guide me on this.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Every provide had decent laws for PNPs. Further more, many provinces like ontario still do not have their PNP properly in place. I'd suggest on going to individual province website and googling their requirements.

amaljosegeorge

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
2-2-2016
i think in the subsequent draws to come the points will drop drastically. because itn is very unlikely that there are many people in 600- 750 point band..because with out mush points in other factors practically difficult to get a lmo or pnp. so in 7 th to 10th draw ...may be earlier its likely that applicants with above 450 points will be invited...so above 400 great chance for being invited...its just my thoughts..

nuno1313

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey folks.. Call me a hopeless fool, but I strongly believe that CIC is drawing a less than 1000 ITAs so far on purpose just to check the efficiency of the new EE electronic system. Just imagine what would happen if they actually pulled out 2000 profiles for ITAs with the system that still seems to have certain bugs and inefficiencies. Once they have sorted out the system and cleared of any remaining bugs or so, we could actually see draws in the range of 1500 - 2000 (hopefully). Also, there are only so many applicants with valid LMO/PNP. Once they are all out of the way, the CRS cut-off will drop to below 600.

i am in the same boat as many of you out there with a score of 509 and no LMAI. My CEC application was sent back because the max 8000 cap was reached. My WP has expired and I am trying to get an extension on my WP currently. Also, my company is applying to get me a positive LMAI which I know could take up to a few months. Hopefully the points cut-off will drop and i can get an ITA and I would not actually need an LMAI by that point. Hope it works out for every hard working person out there.
Stay hopeful, stay persistent.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@nuno1313,

That is a good reasoning and i agree and hope it turns out the same. The fact backing this up is Canada's yearly total immigration goals. i.e. You cannot in take 50k FSW and around 12K CEC in a year by drawing out 800 people twice a month. And we are not counting the FSTs or other things like PNPs.

So the number is gonna go higher at some point latter.

All the best with your situation.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with nuno. That's a very good point! lets hope for the best.
Good luck with your LMIA, Buddy!
:)