18/1/2013...DECISION MADE

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AMEN!

Finally sources that are quotable.... A +1 is not enough for you for posting this one.

Many many thanks...!!!

bryan98

Star Member
Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.0 Score
Med's Request
April 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012 ECAS...Meds Recieved
Passport Req..
June 2012, RPRF - Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
18/1/2013...DECISION MADE
I have a few relatives living in Toronto for nearly 40 years and they told me that they have seen thousands of doctors and lawers driving taxis and flipping burgers, working in factories. Think about it again!!!!

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bryan98 said:
I have a few relatives living in Toronto for nearly 40 years and they told me that they have seen thousands of doctors and lawers driving taxis and flipping burgers, working in factories. Think about it again!!!!
They don't have to, do they? they are free, they could have left, gone back and not continued, somehow they did, somehow they are, why I ask,
think about that!!

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
bryan98 said:

It is not that bad. Honestly, Canada is full of opportunities. The bane of many new immigrants is that they find it difficult to integrate into their new community. The come with the assumption that things will be done the way are done back home. If you do your research very well before arriving in Canada, you hit will the ground running upon your landing. But If you dont do your research properly, you will fall victim to getting all sorts of advice, most of which may not be helpful.

I am not saying that there are no lawyers and doctors who are driving cabs, but if they plan their trip very well, they will not drive that cab for long. A hard working lawyer can get licensed within a year to 18 months of arriving in Canada, depending on the province that he/she settles. A doctor can get licensed within 2 years. In fact for these two professions, you can even start your licensing exams before you arrive in Canada. Aspiring Canadian lawyers can now write accreditation exams in India and I think in UK too.

But on the whole, I agree with you that "the immigrant tale" is a mix of regret and fulfillment. It all depends on the one you choose. Please don't be discouraged.

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ-C said:
It is not that bad. Honestly, Canada is full of opportunities. The bane of many new immigrants is that they find it difficult to integrate into the their new community. The come with the assumption that that things will be done the way are done back home. If you do your research very well before arriving in Canada, you hit will the ground running upon your landing. If you don do your research properly, you will fall victim to getting all sorts of advice, most of which may not be helpful.

I am not saying that there are no lawyers and doctors who are driving cabs, but if they plan their trip very well, they will not drive that cab for long. A hard working lawyer can get licensed within a year to 18 months of arriving in Canada, depending on the province that he/she settles. A doctor can get licensed within 2 years. In fact for these two professions, you can even start your licensing exams before you arrive in Canada. Aspiring Canadian lawyers can now write accreditation exams in India and I think in UK too.

But on the whole, I agree with you that "the immigrant tale" is a mix of regret and fulfillment. It all depends on the one you choose. Please don't be discouraged.
Rightly said

edmonta

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0711 & 9212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2010
Doc's Request.
30-sept-2010
AOR Received.
1st-30th Sept 2010,2nd-08th June 2011
IELTS Request
done-7 band
File Transfer...
dont know what is this..in process from 26 april 2012
Med's Request
19-July-2013
Med's Done....
30-July-2013,ECAS updated with Medicals received on 18-Aug-2013
Interview........
not been called for..
Passport Req..
19-July-13
VISA ISSUED...
On 4th October 2013
LANDED..........
July 2014
"Prevention is better than cure"
mostly said by doctors only to the patients so how can they forget the same thing for themselves?Before landing,Didnt they learn that Canada is not a fairy tale stroy stuff and didnt they prepare for their credential exams?Didn't they know anything about regulated profession?!!If they can't prevent such things to happen to them,being the most educated spices in the world,who else will understand..
Doctors always do better in terms of life style,money & in whichever country they reside and even than if they want to migrate just for the sake of escaping their home country for one or another reasons or just for the snow cladded houses without any prior preparations..I am afraid they are going to suffer..
Sorry for being harse..dont want to take doctors for a ride but just want to say be prepared before you start any operation..otherwise u will kill patients.. ;) :p
Regards,
Edmonta

alq814

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
ItsBeenLongNow said:
They don't have to, do they? they are free, they could have left, gone back and not continued, somehow they did, somehow they are, why I ask,
think about that!!
I second this. Perhaps those doctors, lawyers and other professionals were not complaining at all...maybe they are happy with what they're doing (i could be wrong, but who knows). Sometimes its the people around us who are not happy with their lives and whenever they observe some situations, they make a story (terrible story) at it. I guess anyone who wish to migrate to another country should gather all information and make research as to what life will be when we get there and weigh things before making any decision.

Alfpharm

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-7-2011
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
6-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2014 and DECISION MADE on 7-4 -2014
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
JJ-C said:
It is not that bad. Honestly, Canada is full of opportunities. The bane of many new immigrants is that they find it difficult to integrate into their new community. The come with the assumption that things will be done the way are done back home. If you do your research very well before arriving in Canada, you hit will the ground running upon your landing. But If you dont do your research properly, you will fall victim to getting all sorts of advice, most of which may not be helpful.

Well said.
People should stop discouraging others.

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edmonta said:
"Prevention is better than cure"
mostly said by doctors only to the patients so how can they forget the same thing for themselves?Before landing,Didnt they learn that Canada is not a fairy tale stroy stuff and didnt they prepare for their credential exams?Didn't they know anything about regulated profession?!!If they can't prevent such things to happen to them,being the most educated spices in the world,who else will understand..
Doctors always do better in terms of life style,money & in whichever country they reside and even than if they want to migrate just for the sake of escaping their home country for one or another reasons or just for the snow cladded houses without any prior preparations..I am afraid they are going to suffer..
Sorry for being harse..dont want to take doctors for a ride but just want to say be prepared before you start any operation..otherwise u will kill patients.. ;) :p
Regards,
Edmonta
lol.... :p