+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The tie-breaking rule for recreated Express entry profile after it has been expired.

tomX

May 19, 2020
Hello Friends,

To enroll my self in the express entry pool, I created a profile on June, 2019. And it'll be expired on date June 2020.

On the basis of the document provided on the CIC site at link https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1164&top=29. I have to wait till it gets expired to recreate profile.

My question, when the profile expires and I create a new profile, will I get a new file number and new submission date? And if yes, then if there is draw where I have required CRS points but it has a tie-breaking rule, will CIC include my profile with 1 year old submitted date or will I be screwed because I'll have a new submission date?

Is there a way to avoid this kind of problem?

Thanks in advance.

David1905

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hello Friends,

To enroll my self in the express entry pool, I created a profile on June, 2019. And it'll be expired on date June 2020.

On the basis of the document provided on the CIC site at link https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1164&top=29. I have to wait till it gets expired to recreate profile.

My question, when the profile expires and I create a new profile, will I get a new file number and new submission date? And if yes, then if there is draw where I have required CRS points but it has a tie-breaking rule, will CIC include my profile with 1 year old submitted date or will I be screwed because I'll have a new submission date?

Thanks in advance.
I think you can withdraw and create a new one. Either way your profile would have new submission date.

chandigarh

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Hello Friends,

Thanks in advance.
Hi......did u recreate the profile? What is the new date of submission? Did it change or remained the same as earlier?

tomX

May 19, 2020
Hi......did u recreate the profile? What is the new date of submission? Did it change or remained the same as earlier?
The date changed but in a recent draw, I got an invite. My file submitted date was July 2020 and tie-breaking was till November 2019, and my expired profile date was July 2019. So I think you will get invite even if your profile is expired as long as you renew it.

chandigarh

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
The date changed but in a recent draw, I got an invite. My file submitted date was July 2020 and tie-breaking was till November 2019, and my expired profile date was July 2019. So I think you will get invite even if your profile is expired as long as you renew it.
Woww that's great!!! I submitted my EE profile in Oct 2019 and it is going to get expire in Oct 2020, I'm expecting draw in Sep or Oct...So if I renew my profile in Oct 2020, it will take new date and number in EE profile but any how IRCC will pick my file provided I meet the cut off score and tie breaking will not be an issue as my application date was of Oct 2019. I just recreated the profile in Oct 2020, but I'll get invite in Sep 2020 even if tie break rule would be Oct 2020.

Please clarify my doubt.

tomX

May 19, 2020
Woww that's great!!! I submitted my EE profile in Oct 2019 and it is going to get expire in Oct 2020, I'm expecting draw in Sep or Oct...So if I renew my profile in Oct 2020, it will take new date and number in EE profile but any how IRCC will pick my file provided I meet the cut off score and tie breaking will not be an issue as my application date was of Oct 2019. I just recreated the profile in Oct 2020, but I'll get invite in Sep 2020 even if tie break rule would be Oct 2020.

Please clarify my doubt.
Yes, but don't withdraw you file. Let it get expired and just make a new one, on the day it expires.