+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The journey to PPR ( since everyone's doing it :P )

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those that haven't heard, I finally got the PPR on the 22nd of June. It took close to 8 months after ITA.
Here's a rough timeline of events (I'm only writing about my experience after express entry was launched):

February 27, 2015: Created Express Entry profile
June 6, 2015: Tired of waiting for scores to come down, deleted the old profile and created a new one hoping to be invited by OINP
June 8, 2015: Got the Notification of Interest from Ontario
June 22, 2015: Application received by OINP
August 7, 2015: Got the acknowledgement of receipt from OINP - the usual time from submission to AOR was 1-2 weeks then - I had to wait for about a month and a half.
October 13, 2015: After a very silent period got an email and a call for additional documents - submitted them the very same day
October 16, 2015: Finally got the nomination. OINP was processing applications within 90 days then - Took about 115 days in my case. It was a very unpleasant wait to say the least.
I know that OINP is taking a lot longer now. My heart goes out to the people that are still waiting. My only advice is hold on - things get worse before they get better.

October 23, 2015:Got the ITA. I'd thought things would only get better from this point on - little did I know.
Last week of October 2015: Submitted application on the 27th, Medicals passed on the 28th, Schedule 4 requested and submitted on the 28th - things were going smooth.
November 27, 2015: RPRF - submitted the same day. I was excited - seemed like it was only a matter of a few weeks for PPR.
December 23, 2015: Ordered my first set of notes out of curiosity. Received the notes after about 45 days - Assessments showed medical as passed and rest not started. The notes suggested the officer was convinced with my points, education and work experience, however, they didn't specifically mention eligibility as passed or recommended pass
March 3, 2016: It was about 4 months since I had submitted my application and without any movement, I felt the notes would trigger something so I ordered another set.
March 17, 2016: Background changed to In progress - I couldn't believe it.. Felt like they would request my passport anytime now.
End of April, 2016: It was almost 6 months since I had submitted my application - I was getting anxious. Requested an update on my case via CSE on the 15th. 18 April got an update email from CIC without any change and on the 19th, background changed to not needed at this time. On the 20th, I was asked to submit my nomination certificate (even though I had provided it along with my application) and copies of all my previous visas. Uploaded them the very same day.
May 15, 2016: Ordered a second set of GCMS notes. Hoping they'd look into my file and see that it had crossed normal processing time.
End of May - Early June 2016: I'd given up at this point. A few of my friends had landed and ordering notes was cheaper. So I was ordering a set every 20 days. I was also sending emails to my local visa office every other week to request for updates but they never got back to me. The latest notes suggested that only an eligibility check was remaining. Security check was blank. At this point I'd also like to mention that even though I was asked for additional documents on the 20th of April, the notes suggested that the due date was 19th of April - the letter they sent mentioned I had 45 days to submit the documents. Security and Criminality checks had already been cleared. This was bizarre and I personally think ADVO asks for random documents when they cannot justify delays.
June 19, 2016:Sent an email to the local visa office copying CPC Ottawa. 20 June background changed to In Progress again and
June 22, 2016:pPR finally.

Few things I've learnt during the process:
1. A delay may not necessarily have a negative cause.
2. Ordering multiple notes if you live outside Canada can add up to a huge bill - it is especially disappointing when notes have no new information.
3. Waiting is the hardest part. The uncertainty of it all, the inability to make other life changing decisions, the stress - its enough to drive any sane person crazy.
4. Try not to punch people when they say things like "don't worry" or "you'll forget this wait once you get it" - the truth is that it is really really hard to wait and I can't forget the year I spent waiting. Not yet anyway.
5. It might have become a cliche now, but try and try hard to get involved in the world around you. Take up a hobby and invest your time and energy in that. Keep away from the forum when you are at your lowest - reading about miracle stories and people that got their PR within a few days will do nothing to lift your spirits.
6. The night is always the darkest before sunrise. If you feel like you have no strength to carry on, just remember that things happen in their own time and there is nothing you can do to rush it.
7. Don't let it get to you when people mock you. Its tough, but you will get through eventually. Let your success make the noise.
8. Saved the best for the end - Network! Can't stress this enough. When the going got really tough, it was the friends I made through this forum that got me through. Some of these people I haven't met yet, but they stood by me when I was at my lowest. You know who you are. Thank you.

I wish you all the best and hope that the wait isn't as long for you.

Reactions: seabourne17

smtele

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016
Congrats man. I remember you from the OINP thread. All the best!

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
Congrats!! So it took you a little under 8 months from AOR... We are also at that mark. Will cross 8 months on the 11th of July. Problem is that we are stuck with an absolutely useless VO.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!!

Well summarized, your journey to PPR.

The key points; for all applicants. Have patience, don't loose hope and mentally gear up for best / worst case scenario.

Uncertainty indeed is adding up to distress for majority of the applicants.

Reason: Neither PNP nor IRCC is adhering to declared time frames, AOR 90 days, NOM 90 days, EE 6 months respectively.

Applicants have no options except to remain in a state of uncertainty till they land in Canada.

I am in no way stating discouraging any applicant. Just stating the facts, trends.

Let's all hope for speedy AOR/NOM/EE processing s.
:'( :-X :-[

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wicked31 said:
Many Congratulations :D
bellaluna said:
Congrats! You've waited long enough! :) Let this be a testimonial of patience to others.
smtele said:
Congrats man. I remember you from the OINP thread. All the best!
Musikwala said:
Congrats!! So it took you a little under 8 months from AOR... We are also at that mark. Will cross 8 months on the 11th of July. Problem is that we are stuck with an absolutely useless VO.
jovaan said:
Congrats for your post and patience!!!!
jovaan said:
Congrats for your post and patience!!!!
MZASAM said:
Congrats!!
Well summarized, your journey to PPR.
The key points; for all applicants. Have patience, don't loose hope and mentally gear up for best / worst case scenario.
Uncertainty indeed is adding up to distress for majority of the applicants.
Reason: Neither PNP nor IRCC is adhering to declared time frames, AOR 90 days, NOM 90 days, EE 6 months respectively.
Applicants have no options except to remain in a state of uncertainty till they land in Canada.
I am in no way stating discouraging any applicant. Just stating the facts, trends.
Let's all hope for speedy AOR/NOM/EE processing s.
:'( :-X :-[
Thanks wicked, bella, smtele, musikwala, jovaan and mzasam! :)

@musikwala.. I know what you mean! ADVO is an absolute nightmare as well.. 3 of my whatsapp friends are around the 9 month mark :(
@Mzasam.. I hope things speed up for the people that are waiting as well. Pretending to live my life as if I had never applied is what eventually made the time pass by.

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats.
I landed in June as well. 8) 8)
Thanks to OINP (HC stream).

Your last wait : PR CARD.
Let's hope Canada post strike doesn't prolong.

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
heeru_maan said:
Pretending to live my life as if I had never applied is what eventually made the time pass by.
Really, that's the only way. Or... lose all interest in it like I'm starting to do.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djshshajtm said:
Congrats.
I landed in June as well. 8) 8)
Thanks to OINP (HC stream).

Your last wait : PR CARD.
Let's hope Canada post strike doesn't prolong.
Thank you and congrats!!