+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The journey to PPR ( since everyone's doing it :P )

vks123

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
June 22, 2016:pPR finally.

Few things I've learnt during the process:
1. A delay may not necessarily have a negative cause.
2. Ordering multiple notes if you live outside Canada can add up to a huge bill - it is especially disappointing when notes have no new information.
3. Waiting is the hardest part. The uncertainty of it all, the inability to make other life changing decisions, the stress - its enough to drive any sane person crazy.
4. Try not to punch people when they say things like "don't worry" or "you'll forget this wait once you get it" - the truth is that it is really really hard to wait and I can't forget the year I spent waiting. Not yet anyway.
5. It might have become a cliche now, but try and try hard to get involved in the world around you. Take up a hobby and invest your time and energy in that. Keep away from the forum when you are at your lowest - reading about miracle stories and people that got their PR within a few days will do nothing to lift your spirits.
6. The night is always the darkest before sunrise. If you feel like you have no strength to carry on, just remember that things happen in their own time and there is nothing you can do to rush it.
7. Don't let it get to you when people mock you. Its tough, but you will get through eventually. Let your success make the noise.
8. Saved the best for the end - Network! Can't stress this enough. When the going got really tough, it was the friends I made through this forum that got me through. Some of these people I haven't met yet, but they stood by me when I was at my lowest. You know who you are. Thank you.

I wish you all the best and hope that the wait isn't as long for you.

[/quote]

Just Wao,Congrats Man.
You emerge a true winner in a long fought ppr battle.

tyzia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Minsk
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
26-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
Hi heeru_maan,

Thank you for sharing and my congratulations.

I was not so lucky, here is my timeline:

4th of May 2015: decided to immigrate to Canada
1st of June 2015: started evaluation with WES and IELTS preparation courses
1st of August 2015: sat my IELTS exam
29th of August 2015: my spouse IELTS exam
30th of September 2015: received Master's Degree from WES
6th of October 2015: received my spouse Master's Degree from WES

Total of preparation phase: 160 days.

11th of October 2015: created EE profile, CRS 445
16th of October 2015: received PT letter from Ontario
25rd of November 2015: Application received by OINP
18th of March 2016: AOR from OINP
Since then silence from OINP is my daily routine.

Total of EE era for me: 270 days.

Total from the very beginning: 430 days.

At the moment no nomination, and as a result not even a glitter hope of ITA, not speaking about PPR.

You are giving valuable advises. Waiting in the whole this process is the main virtue.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heeru_maan

Great!! You initiated this thread :D

Forget the past and live life. (As you stated)

Going by the recent past trends, experiences of successful applicants, Patience, perseverance and hope are the only options for all the applicants.

Let's hope the delays, uncertainties, difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish soon, and all the applicants achieve their goals. :'( :-X :-[ :'( :-X :-[

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks vks and prishah :)
@Tyzia, hang in there. You cannot factor in the preparation time.. it'll only depress you. The nomination will come sooner or later if all your papers are in order.
@Mzasm, Thanks again.. I hope so too!

thrissookkaran

Star Member
Dec 9, 2015
heeru_maan said:
Thanks vks and prishah :)
@Tyzia, hang in there. You cannot factor in the preparation time.. it'll only depress you. The nomination will come sooner or later if all your papers are in order.
@Mzasm, Thanks again.. I hope so too!
congrats buddy.
Did you get your passports back?

xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations buddy, really happy for you, I remember how judiciously you u helped people during the early OINP days, but then I know a few cases where the most knowledgeable people finish last.

Either way, have a wonderful future in Canada.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thrissookkaran said:
congrats buddy.
Did you get your passports back?
No not yet.. that's another long wait ::)

xlnzee said:
Congratulations buddy, really happy for you, I remember how judiciously you u helped people during the early OINP days, but then I know a few cases where the most knowledgeable people finish last.

Either way, have a wonderful future in Canada.
Thanks xlnzee.. I appreciate it :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
heeru_maan said:
For those that haven't heard, I finally got the PPR on the 22nd of June. It took close to 8 months after ITA.
Here's a rough timeline of events (I'm only writing about my experience after express entry was launched):

February 27, 2015: Created Express Entry profile
June 6, 2015: Tired of waiting for scores to come down, deleted the old profile and created a new one hoping to be invited by OINP
June 8, 2015: Got the Notification of Interest from Ontario
June 22, 2015: Application received by OINP
August 7, 2015: Got the acknowledgement of receipt from OINP - the usual time from submission to AOR was 1-2 weeks then - I had to wait for about a month and a half.
October 13, 2015: After a very silent period got an email and a call for additional documents - submitted them the very same day
October 16, 2015: Finally got the nomination. OINP was processing applications within 90 days then - Took about 115 days in my case. It was a very unpleasant wait to say the least.
I know that OINP is taking a lot longer now. My heart goes out to the people that are still waiting. My only advice is hold on - things get worse before they get better.

October 23, 2015:Got the ITA. I'd thought things would only get better from this point on - little did I know.
Last week of October 2015: Submitted application on the 27th, Medicals passed on the 28th, Schedule 4 requested and submitted on the 28th - things were going smooth.
November 27, 2015: RPRF - submitted the same day. I was excited - seemed like it was only a matter of a few weeks for PPR.
December 23, 2015: Ordered my first set of notes out of curiosity. Received the notes after about 45 days - Assessments showed medical as passed and rest not started. The notes suggested the officer was convinced with my points, education and work experience, however, they didn't specifically mention eligibility as passed or recommended pass
March 3, 2016: It was about 4 months since I had submitted my application and without any movement, I felt the notes would trigger something so I ordered another set.
March 17, 2016: Background changed to In progress - I couldn't believe it.. Felt like they would request my passport anytime now.
End of April, 2016: It was almost 6 months since I had submitted my application - I was getting anxious. Requested an update on my case via CSE on the 15th. 18 April got an update email from CIC without any change and on the 19th, background changed to not needed at this time. On the 20th, I was asked to submit my nomination certificate (even though I had provided it along with my application) and copies of all my previous visas. Uploaded them the very same day.
May 15, 2016: Ordered a second set of GCMS notes. Hoping they'd look into my file and see that it had crossed normal processing time.
End of May - Early June 2016: I'd given up at this point. A few of my friends had landed and ordering notes was cheaper. So I was ordering a set every 20 days. I was also sending emails to my local visa office every other week to request for updates but they never got back to me. The latest notes suggested that only an eligibility check was remaining. Security check was blank. At this point I'd also like to mention that even though I was asked for additional documents on the 20th of April, the notes suggested that the due date was 19th of April - the letter they sent mentioned I had 45 days to submit the documents. Security and Criminality checks had already been cleared. This was bizarre and I personally think ADVO asks for random documents when they cannot justify delays.
June 19, 2016:Sent an email to the local visa office copying CPC Ottawa. 20 June background changed to In Progress again and

2. Ordering multiple notes if you live outside Canada can add up to a huge bill - it is especially disappointing when notes have no new information.
3. Waiting is the hardest part. The uncertainty of it all, the inability to make other life changing decisions, the stress - its enough to drive any sane person crazy.
4. Try not to punch people when they say things like "don't worry" or "you'll forget this wait once you get it" - the truth is that it is really really hard to wait and I can't forget the year I spent waiting. Not yet anyway.
5. It might have become a cliche now, but try and try hard to get involved in the world around you. Take up a hobby and invest your time and energy in that. Keep away from the forum when you are at your lowest - reading about miracle stories and people that got their PR within a few days will do nothing to lift your spirits.
6. The night is always the darkest before sunrise. If you feel like you have no strength to carry on, just remember that things happen in their own time and there is nothing you can do to rush it.
7. Don't let it get to you when people mock you. Its tough, but you will get through eventually. Let your success make the noise.
8. Saved the best for the end - Network! Can't stress this enough. When the going got really tough, it was the friends I made through this forum that got me through. Some of these people I haven't met yet, but they stood by me when I was at my lowest. You know who you are. Thank you.

Very happy for you - A well deserved PPR! Thanks for the pointers - Points 3, 4, 6 apply to me - The wait is sickening and the anxiety hits the roof every other day.

Good luck and all the very best! Keep in touch! :)

krsenthilkumaran

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Chennai,India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
Congrats @heeru_maan. Happy for you. :)

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heeru_maan said:
For those that haven't heard, I finally got the PPR on the 22nd of June. It took close to 8 months after ITA.
Here's a rough timeline of events (I'm only writing about my experience after express entry was launched):

February 27, 2015: Created Express Entry profile
June 6, 2015: Tired of waiting for scores to come down, deleted the old profile and created a new one hoping to be invited by OINP
June 8, 2015: Got the Notification of Interest from Ontario
June 22, 2015: Application received by OINP
August 7, 2015: Got the acknowledgement of receipt from OINP - the usual time from submission to AOR was 1-2 weeks then - I had to wait for about a month and a half.
October 13, 2015: After a very silent period got an email and a call for additional documents - submitted them the very same day
October 16, 2015: Finally got the nomination. OINP was processing applications within 90 days then - Took about 115 days in my case. It was a very unpleasant wait to say the least.
I know that OINP is taking a lot longer now. My heart goes out to the people that are still waiting. My only advice is hold on - things get worse before they get better.

October 23, 2015:Got the ITA. I'd thought things would only get better from this point on - little did I know.
Last week of October 2015: Submitted application on the 27th, Medicals passed on the 28th, Schedule 4 requested and submitted on the 28th - things were going smooth.
November 27, 2015: RPRF - submitted the same day. I was excited - seemed like it was only a matter of a few weeks for PPR.
December 23, 2015: Ordered my first set of notes out of curiosity. Received the notes after about 45 days - Assessments showed medical as passed and rest not started. The notes suggested the officer was convinced with my points, education and work experience, however, they didn't specifically mention eligibility as passed or recommended pass
March 3, 2016: It was about 4 months since I had submitted my application and without any movement, I felt the notes would trigger something so I ordered another set.
March 17, 2016: Background changed to In progress - I couldn't believe it.. Felt like they would request my passport anytime now.
End of April, 2016: It was almost 6 months since I had submitted my application - I was getting anxious. Requested an update on my case via CSE on the 15th. 18 April got an update email from CIC without any change and on the 19th, background changed to not needed at this time. On the 20th, I was asked to submit my nomination certificate (even though I had provided it along with my application) and copies of all my previous visas. Uploaded them the very same day.
May 15, 2016: Ordered a second set of GCMS notes. Hoping they'd look into my file and see that it had crossed normal processing time.
End of May - Early June 2016: I'd given up at this point. A few of my friends had landed and ordering notes was cheaper. So I was ordering a set every 20 days. I was also sending emails to my local visa office every other week to request for updates but they never got back to me. The latest notes suggested that only an eligibility check was remaining. Security check was blank. At this point I'd also like to mention that even though I was asked for additional documents on the 20th of April, the notes suggested that the due date was 19th of April - the letter they sent mentioned I had 45 days to submit the documents. Security and Criminality checks had already been cleared. This was bizarre and I personally think ADVO asks for random documents when they cannot justify delays.
June 19, 2016:Sent an email to the local visa office copying CPC Ottawa. 20 June background changed to In Progress again and

Congrats Heeru_maan. I know it would have been a painful long wait (both with OINP as well as CIC) but finally the good news has come. You have been an amazing contributor in this forum and I wish you all the very best in the journey forward.

Cofca

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
Congratulations are in order!!!!

mp5

Jun 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very pleased and happy to hear about your PPR. Many many congratulations.
You always have been a revered personality, whether it's forum or WhatsApp group. Wish you continue to experience and get the same love, support and respect from everyone around at whichever place you are. Good luck for the next part of the journey.