+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The 67 points and age

Maysy1981

Oct 25, 2015
On the criteria for the 67 points it says that the points will be calculated at the time the central office receives the application. By the time i submit my APR i will have lost one point due to age. Can anyone help regarding this.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Maysy1981 said:
On the criteria for the 67 points it says that the points will be calculated at the time the central office receives the application. By the time i submit my APR i will have lost one point due to age. Can anyone help regarding this.
It is right for FSW as CRS gets locked at the ITA. If you are likely to drop to 66 then it is a reason to worry, else dont worry.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
It is right for FSW as CRS gets locked at the ITA. If you are likely to drop to 66 then it is a reason to worry, else dont worry.
Absolutely incorrect

"When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

Maysy1981

Oct 25, 2015
Hi DelPiero,

Im not sure i understand. My CRS will definetly fall 5 points between now and the time I submit my eAPR as i will turn 36 on April 1st and i am waiting for a pcc from the US noting I have one dated feb 2016. Could this drop in age cause my application to be refused?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maysy1981 said:
Hi DelPiero,

Im not sure i understand. My CRS will definetly fall 5 points between now and the time I submit my eAPR as i will turn 36 on April 1st and i am waiting for a pcc from the US noting I have one dated feb 2016. Could this drop in age cause my application to be refused?
No, there is an exemption for refusal for applicants whose score falls between ITA and eAPR stages due to birthdays.

Bottom line, your birthday won't affect your application whatsoever.

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
No, there is an exemption for refusal for applicants whose score falls between ITA and eAPR stages due to birthdays.

Bottom line, your birthday won't affect your application whatsoever.
Does the points drop for the work experience too?

One of the work experience I'm listing will be over 10 years old in the coming month of October 2017. Haven't received any invitation yet but hoping to get one during this month.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grapehair said:
Does the points drop for the work experience too?

One of the work experience I'm listing will be over 10 years old in the coming month of October 2017. Haven't received any invitation yet but hoping to get one during this month.
"If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is lower than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application should be refused under section A11.2 for not having maintained the qualifications that would justify the ITA."

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
"If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is lower than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application should be refused under section A11.2 for not having maintained the qualifications that would justify the ITA."

Thanks a bunch. So basically just maintain the CRS score one got invited for at the time of filing the PR application. If CRS score goes down after the e-APR, then one wouldn't have to worry while the application is in process

Honiilols

Jan 10, 2018
He

Hello Delpiero,

I'm exactly in this situation. At the point of ITA my score was 456 but after e-APR I noticed a drop to 431 which is lower than the lowest-ranked score in my round of invitation for August 23. When I reviewed my application, it appeared as though I didn't properly fill my work experience (that's where the 25 points is missing. Foreign work experience outside Canada).

When I created my profile August 14, I was a little over 3 years in work experience. In fact, I clocked 3 years on August 5, 2017.
I worked from August 05 2014 to July 17 2017 in one company and started another July 19 2017 till date. No gap. Same NOC. Same job duties. I have raised cse to point this change out and forwarded both reference letters from my employees before the 90 days period.

Please what else can I do as my score is still showing 431 and my documents have been acknowledged via email, not automated reply.

Profile created Aug 14
ITA Aug 23
AOR Nov 5
Medicals passed NOV 19
raised cse Nov 11 and November 17(this second time was to upload the second reference letter from new employer)
acknowledgment of cse doc Dec 5
LVO London - don't know the date that happened
BG Not Applicable

I keep recalculating my CRS score with the CRS tool and it is 456 EVERYTIME! please I don't understand what happened.

Honiilols

Jan 10, 2018
I
He

Hello Delpiero,

I'm exactly in this situation. At the point of ITA my score was 456 but after e-APR I noticed a drop to 431 which is lower than the lowest-ranked score in my round of invitation for August 23. When I reviewed my application, it appeared as though I didn't properly fill my work experience (that's where the 25 points is missing. Foreign work experience outside Canada).

When I created my profile August 14, I was a little over 3 years in work experience. In fact, I clocked 3 years on August 5, 2017.
I worked from August 05 2014 to July 17 2017 in one company and started another July 19 2017 till date. No gap. Same NOC. Same job duties. I have raised cse to point this change out and forwarded both reference letters from my employees before the 90 days period.

Please what else can I do as my score is still showing 431 and my documents have been acknowledged via email, not automated reply.

Profile created Aug 14
ITA Aug 23
AOR Nov 5
Medicals passed NOV 19
raised cse Nov 11 and November 17(this second time was to upload the second reference letter from new employer)
acknowledgment of cse doc Dec 5
LVO London - don't know the date that happened
BG Not Applicable

I keep recalculating my CRS score with the CRS tool and it is 456 EVERYTIME! please I don't understand what happened.

*ITA August 24