12-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-11-2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
Hello again, Asivad!
Is it possible to first land in Canada NOT in the port of entry? I mean, my port of entry is Toronto, but I have found a nice cheap flight that goes like this: Moscow--Munich--Halifax--Toronto. Will I be allowed inside the Halifax airport before proceeding to Toronto? Can I take this flight?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Liara said:
Hello again, Asivad!
Is it possible to first land in Canada NOT in the port of entry? I mean, my port of entry is Toronto, but I have found a nice cheap flight that goes like this: Moscow--Munich--Halifax--Toronto. Will I be allowed inside the Halifax airport before proceeding to Toronto? Can I take this flight?
nothing wrong! you final destination is Toronto

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
Thank you @artray.

DustToDust

Mar 3, 2016
Hello Asivad Anac, I request your expert advise. I applied for PR under Express Entry stream in March. I received one year bridge work permit, valid up to May 2017. After I received the WP, I traveled home via Europe. While in Canada, I traveled to the US two times, and mentioned so in my EE application. But in the documents submitted, I forgot to add the PDF of the second visit stamp in my passport scan copy. Could I send a CSE including the scan of second visit stamp now to IRCC?

One more question. should I disclose my visit to Europe and send the visa scan to IRCC? I am not clear whether I need to disclose this information and the details. I request you to guide me in this regard. Thank you very much for all your help.

SR14

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Thank you artray. Had some more queries.

Once we get the COPR, I have read that we have to enter Canada either before the medicals expire or before the passport expires. Please confirm this.

Do we have an option to go to Canada, get the PR card, come back to the home country and then move in a few months. If this is possible, are there any particular timelines ?

Is there a particular city in Canada, that we need to stay in or can we move to any city. We haven't received a regional nomination.

Can you also help me out with names of websites for job search within Canada, I tried looking up the information on this forum, but couldn't find much.

Thanks much in advance.

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
Hello Asivad,

I have already applied for my PR on 26th May, and I'm an OINP applicant. But somehow I am not sure about my reference letter I provided, as my job title belongs to NOC C while my job duties displays NOC B. Should I submit a CSE with an updated reference letter to clear their doubts or should wait for their decisions? As discussed in the forum by people I got to know that OINP is not extending any nomination exp date when CIC has rejected application due to NOC mismatch.IF something happens like this I don't think I will be able to get ITA again.

TIA

artray

Jan 19, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Feb
AOR Received.
24 Feb
Med's Done....
22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
DustToDust said:
Hello Asivad Anac, I request your expert advise. I applied for PR under Express Entry stream in March. I received one year bridge work permit, valid up to May 2017. After I received the WP, I traveled home via Europe. While in Canada, I traveled to the US two times, and mentioned so in my EE application. But in the documents submitted, I forgot to add the PDF of the second visit stamp in my passport scan copy. Could I send a CSE including the scan of second visit stamp now to IRCC? Yes, definitely - otherwise they may ask you for it later during processing and it may cause a delay in your application processing. They check travel history in detail along with supporting documents provided.

One more question. should I disclose my visit to Europe and send the visa scan to IRCC? Yes, send it in the same CSE as above with a letter of explanation. Should not be a concern, since you just passed through and didn't live there. Always disclose all available information to be on the safe side and avoid delays. I am not clear whether I need to disclose this information and the details. I request you to guide me in this regard. You need to submit a copy of ALL pages of your passport as part of your application as per CIC instructions related to supporting documents. Thank you very much for all your help.
Cheers & good luck!

artray

Jan 19, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Feb
AOR Received.
24 Feb
Med's Done....
22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
SR14 said:
Thank you artray. Had some more queries.

Once we get the COPR, I have read that we have to enter Canada either before the medicals expire or before the passport expires. Please confirm this. Yes, confirmed. Usually you have to enter before whichever expiry date (passport or medicals) comes first.

Do we have an option to go to Canada, get the PR card, come back to the home country and then move in a few months. If this is possible, are there any particular timelines ? This is definitely possible - if you are willing to stick around in Canada for 2 to 3 months to receive your PR card. Once you have your PR card, you can travel back and forth from Canada without restriction. However, you need your PR card to re-enter Canada the second time around (after your initial landing). What I have heard most people do is land before the expiry date, then ask their family or friends in Canada to courier their PR card to them to their home country. They usually nominate their friend/family member's address during initial landing for CIC to send the PR card. Another option if you leave before you receive your PR card, is to apply for a PRTD from your home country once you want to re-enter Canada - I'm not very familiar with this process, so it would probably be a good idea for you to look into this online.

Is there a particular city in Canada, that we need to stay in or can we move to any city. We haven't received a regional nomination. If you don't have a nomination; as in received ITA directly from Federal, then you are free to move around in Canada to whichever city you prefer.

Can you also help me out with names of websites for job search within Canada, I tried looking up the information on this forum, but couldn't find much. I will be looking into this some time later this week as well, but from what I gathered, a few are indeed.ca; workopolis; and jobbank.

Thanks much in advance.
Hope this helps :)

artray

Jan 19, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Feb
AOR Received.
24 Feb
Med's Done....
22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
RockCan said:
Hello Asivad,

I have already applied for my PR on 26th May, and I'm an OINP applicant. But somehow I am not sure about my reference letter I provided, as my job title belongs to NOC C while my job duties displays NOC B. Matching your job description as per NOC description is way more important than matching title. Most of my job titles did not match my nominated NOC, but my job descriptions were very accurate as per my nominated NOC. So, select the NOC that reflects your job description and not your job title. Also, make sure your reference letter is quite similar to your nominated NOC job description. Should I submit a CSE with an updated reference letter to clear their doubts or should wait for their decisions? Yes, submit CSE and attach all relevant supporting documents (reference letters) along with a letter of explanation. Waiting may cause delays in your application and (worst case scenario) end in rejection due to NOC mismatch. As discussed in the forum by people I got to know that OINP is not extending any nomination exp date when CIC has rejected application due to NOC mismatch.IF something happens like this I don't think I will be able to get ITA again. Stay positive and good luck! :)

TIA

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
Dont you think a CSE may get their attention and end up doubting my application or job duties?

areva

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Hello Asivad Anac, please help! I am SINP EE applicant and I got Ineligible for nomination letter. The reason is
"Requirements not met:
Principal Applicant ‐
Does not meet minimum 60 out of 100 points, as work experience in the position "University Laboratory Assistant" is not in‐demand in Saskatchewan."
I applied under NOC 4011, as I have worked as a university lecturer for 3 years (2012-2015) but my current job is university laboratory assistant (2015- up to now). I don't understand the reason of ineligibility? Please advise what to do? I am going to work again in lecturer position from Setember 2016. Should I write a letter asking second review if yes what to write?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Liara said:
Hello again, Asivad!
Yes - Your landing formalities will be done at Halifax.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
areva said:
Hello Asivad Anac, please help! I am SINP EE applicant and I got Ineligible for nomination letter. The reason is
"Requirements not met:
Principal Applicant ‐
Does not meet minimum 60 out of 100 points, as work experience in the position "University Laboratory Assistant" is not in‐demand in Saskatchewan."
I applied under NOC 4011, as I have worked as a university lecturer for 3 years (2012-2015) but my current job is university laboratory assistant (2015- up to now). I don't understand the reason of ineligibility? Please advise what to do? I am going to work again in lecturer position from Setember 2016. Should I write a letter asking second review if yes what to write?
Your primary NOC was 4011 ? Was that NOC available in the "In-Demand" occupation list at the time of your application? Did you check?

km.ebrahim

Feb 28, 2016
Hello Asivad

I am nominated by SINP on the basis of International Skilled Worker - Occupation in demand stream ( - NOC 2171 - skill level A) . My submitted ilets is expired during process of nomination at SINP office but even SINP nominated me. Now I am preparing for PR paper application and need to send docs and federal forms to CIO/Sydney Nova Scotia.

As per pnp check list the point no 12 states the following
"Starting July 1, 2012, most Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) applicants for semi- and low-skilled occupations that fall under National Occupational Classification (NOC) Skill Levels C and D will have to undergo mandatory language testing."

as i understand that noc skill level C n D type occupations are only required to undergo and submit the IELTS at CIO Level for PR , Still I am confused whether should I submit valid ILETS or not to CIO for PR? give that my noc skill level is A

So please suggest and guide me in the reference of pnp check list, your knowledge and experience.

thank you

artray

Jan 19, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Feb
AOR Received.
24 Feb
Med's Done....
22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
RockCan said:
Dont you think a CSE may get their attention and end up doubting my application or job duties?
Raising a CSE is mainly to GET attention, otherwise your application will remain incomplete/incorrect. Why will they doubt your application, as long as you have provided and will provide authentic documents and make sure you explain the change clearly in your letter of explanation.