Thank you Asivad Anac

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
Asivad ,

I had appendicitis surgery 3 yrs back and ofcourse I said this during medicals and the doctor did mention this in emedicals , because of which I got B grading .. So now when I upload the emedicals , should I also upload an LOE + medical reports from that surgery , get some fitness certificate from the doctor something like that ?
You don't have to provide anything beyond the 1 page report given by the clinic. The clinic would've provided all other relevant information. Having an appendicitis surgery is fairly normal and wouldn't lead to inadmissibility on health grounds.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YokoDaddy said:
This is a great thread! I have mentioned on other threads that Asivad Anac is THE most helpful poster here, and now seeing a full thread dedicated to his/her greatness.

I have a query again-- on gaps in work. For my spouse, she has been doing consultancies over fixed contracts, which inevitably spill over the contract time-frame and hence take longer to complete. Along with maternity time-out, she has a total of only about 14 months work over the last 3 years, but all of it relevant. Are these gaps looked at with suspicion? Or when the time comes do we share a letter of explanation on the various gaps? What's the best thing to do here?
If the experience is relevant (acquired inside Canada while not being a full-time student if your spouse isn't the PA), attach an LOE upfront along with their reference letter highlighting the total amount of experience and let the officer decide on that front. If the experience isn't relevant, keep it out of the application.

A M Gupta

Jun 23, 2015
Thank you Asivad.

We have written NO for his work experience. As he is dependent applicant and we are not claiming any points for that. So the trips should be mentioned in personal activities? Or only travel history would suffice?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A M Gupta said:
Thank you Asivad.

We have written NO for his work experience. As he is dependent applicant and we are not claiming any points for that. So the trips should be mentioned in personal activities? Or only travel history would suffice?
Only in Travel history.

YokoDaddy

Jul 23, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
If the experience is relevant (acquired inside Canada while not being a full-time student if your spouse isn't the PA), attach an LOE upfront along with their reference letter highlighting the total amount of experience and let the officer decide on that front. If the experience isn't relevant, keep it out of the application.
Thanks for your reply, as ever. Let me be more specific - we're thinking of her as the PA. And she has relevant work experience, but only 14 months over the last 3 years, outside of Canada. Would such long gaps in her most recent work affect her (and our) chances of getting a Canada PR visa? In short, would long gaps be seen as an issue by the officer?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YokoDaddy said:
Thanks for your reply, as ever. Let me be more specific - we're thinking of her as the PA. And she has relevant work experience, but only 14 months over the last 3 years, outside of Canada. Would such long gaps in her most recent work affect her (and our) chances of getting a Canada PR visa? In short, would long gaps be seen as an issue by the officer?
As long as they satisfy all the required eligibility criteria, 'long gaps' in work experience alone won't have any negative repercussions on their PR application.

All the best!

SR14

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Hi,

Just wanted to check. If the WES Evaluation is as follows:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Master's degree
Credential 1: Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
Credential 2: Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree

Can one claim the following:
1. 126 points for the above for evaluation if applying with Spouse
2. Under Skill transferability, if the IELTS score is CLB 7 and above, does one get 13 points or 25 points for education.

Thanks,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SR14 said:
Hi,

Just wanted to check. If the WES Evaluation is as follows:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Master's degree
Credential 1: Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
Credential 2: Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree

Can one claim the following:
1. 126 points for the above for evaluation if applying with Spouse
2. Under Skill transferability, if the IELTS score is CLB 7 and above, does one get 13 points or 25 points for education.

Thanks,
That is a Masters degree ECA so you will get 126 points under Education and 25 points for that sub-section of Skills Transferability.

SR14

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
That is a Masters degree ECA so you will get 126 points under Education and 25 points for that sub-section of Skills Transferability.

Thanks Asivad Anac.

blackpearl

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Hi Asivad,

Got a query. I have received ITA in latest round with 475 points.

My undergraduate is in Mechanical Engg but have job experience with Infosys for 4 years as Software Engineer. I showed this as NOC 2173.

Unfortunately I am unable to secure a letter from Infosys or my previous manager which mentions my job responsibilities.

I do have masters in Information systems and have showed another 2 years of experience with Citi as NOC 2174 for IT analyst.

I read somewhere that CIC checks employment requirements as well for NOC. Given mismatch between my undergrad and my job experince and absence of job experience letter, will it be a big issue? Can I pass just based on my 2 years experience with Citi?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blackpearl said:
Hi Asivad,

Got a query. I have received ITA in latest round with 475 points.

My undergraduate is in Mechanical Engg but have job experience with Infosys for 4 years as Software Engineer. I showed this as NOC 2173.

Unfortunately I am unable to secure a letter from Infosys or my previous manager which mentions my job responsibilities.

I do have masters in Information systems and have showed another 2 years of experience with Citi as NOC 2174 for IT analyst.

I read somewhere that CIC checks employment requirements as well for NOC. Given mismatch between my undergrad and my job experince and absence of job experience letter, will it be a big issue? Can I pass just based on my 2 years experience with Citi?
Employment requirements for NOCs are normally preceded with the term 'usually'. Wherever you see this term, understand that it is more an observation than a mandate. CIC wouldn't disqualify an applicant with a Bachelors in Business Studies and work experience in Computer programming simply because their education isn't "compatible" with their professional experience.

In your case, the problem is lack of work reference letter and you will have to recheck exactly how many points you lose by NOT having your Infosys work reference letter. If you lose only upto 25 points because of that, you might still get through by not submitting any reference letter for that experience because you will still be at 450 (which was the cutoff for the last draw) and there are no other gaps in your application.

blackpearl

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Thanks much for reply.

Is it OK, if my manager from Infosys provides me a reference letter on a plain paper with his signature, scan it and send it on email along with his business card? Will I have issues in notarization? Another problem is he is leaving Infosys in 2 weeks.

rohitsinp23

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
One of my friend filled and uploaded everything , just before submission he checked every page of online application and take screenshots, but when he reached at address history section of his spouse, there was green tick on the main page but everything was vanished or escaped from that section, only email address was there. Even phone number was also not there.
Now its showing incomplete section but before it was showing complete because green tick was there.
And still showing incomplete after filling everything.
I think there is error in the system.
So i told him just logged out and try tommorow .
Anyone experienced same issue

SR14

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Hi Asivad,

I had a query. I had submitted by EE profile.
Recently I updated some new information on my profile, which would eventually lead to increase in scores, instead it displays the same original score. Any idea why this is happening ?

Thanks,